Status: Complete!

If Not For You I Know I'd Tear This Place To The Ground.

Four: You could crush me, please don't crush me.

Savannah was silent long after Cheyenne handed her back her phone. She was oblivious to her friends' rage, oblivious to the rain that had started to drench them, and oblivious of the fact that her feet had turned them in the familiar direction of her (sometimes) home.

"- And he's a jerk, I can't believe he told you no. After all you did for him, everything he put you through -"

"That's enough." Cheyenne's words had finally penetrated the haze that was clouding her scrambled brain, and she didn't like them one bit.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Did you hear a thing I said before? About what he said to me? What HE had the nerve to say to ME? He's a pansy-faced pussy licker, that's all he is, he -"

"Do you honestly think I'm going to defend you? You DID do those things to me. I chose to forgive you. So what if not everyone can choose to do that? It's not like I'm ever going to forget what you did. I'm just more mature about those kind of things than Lex is." Savannah was oblivious to the twinge of sympathy that crept across her friends' face. She would have to be deaf, however, to not hear the pity that filled her voice when she next spoke.

"You still call him Lex. Honey -"

"Don't."

Savannah knew damn well what was coming next. It was what pretty much always happened whenever she talked about Alex. They would start out pissed off, because of what 'he had done to her'. What had he done? Shown her love? Been there for her? Given her something no other person had? She didn't see what was so wrong with that. Then, it was guilt. Because 'they hadn't been there in her time of need.' And, that was right and true, but she forgave them for it. She'd been so wrapped up in Alex it wouldn't have made a difference, anyway. Seeing as they didn't even know the whole story of what had happened at home, they had no reason to feel guilty.

The thing she hated most, though, was the pity. All her friends, her family, the people at work, they all felt bad for her becaus she couldn't get over Alex. Her friends couldn't stay mad when his name was brought up, they were too busy feeling sorry for her. Her family all thought she needed to get out more, do something to get over 'that boy', as they called him. As if. The people at work just let her keep to herself, but were always asking her if she needed a break or wanted a day off. They hadn't any faith in her.

Cheyenne was shaking her head when Savannah cleared her thoughts and looked at her.

"See you tomorrow?" Cheyenne asked, twirling a piece of hair around her skinny fingers.

"Probably not. I have dance lessons, and then I work the damned evening shift again. 4 to 11."

"Damn," Cheyenne replied, smacking her gum. "I liked it better when you worked at the other place, you basically chose your own hours."

Savannah nodded her agreement and climbed the stairs to the new side door of her house. She missed working at the centre, too, but she hadn't been able to keep doing it. It had just hurt to much. Marg and Sam had understood, and were still willing to write her a glowing college recommendation anyway.

"Ugh. College." Savannah was muttering to herself as she dug her keys out from her purse. At this rate, she wasn't even going to have time to apply. She'd fallen behind in her classes, and while her GPA was still high, she had to make up all the work before the end of the semester in order for it to count. Her shifts at the depanneur where she now worked were horrible, and her -

"Ugh." Cringing as she stepped inside, she closed her eyes and felt with her hands in order to pull the door shut behind her.

Her mom and husband (she still couldn't bring herself to say that word outloud) were in the midst of a make-out session on the couch. Knowing it was pointless to say anything, she faced the wall while she hung up her sweater and took off her shoes, then scurried to her room.

She breathed a sigh of relief when she got there. She'd redecorated it lately, and she loved it. The walls were covered in pictures and song quotes, her furniture was new and shiny, and there was a lock on her door. That was pretty much all that mattered to her.

Logging on to Facebook, she almost logged back out as soon as a chat window opened. It was Riley, a new kid who'd transferred to her school not long ago. He liked her, and Cheyenne had made the mistake of hinting that she was interested in him. Which she wasn't. Clearly. Still, she wasn't mean, and she would talk to him anyway.

The conversation was generally the same stupid stuff over and over again, but today, it was different.

Riley: How long have you known Alex Gaskarth?
Savannah: What's it to you?
Riley: I know him.
Savannah: That's nice.
Riley: I also know that he broke your heart.
Savannah: Ok.
Riley: Which would explain why you're such a bitter bitch.
Riley: And why you don't put out.
Riley: No one is as good as Alex, huh.
Riley: He stole girls from me before.
Savannah: Good for you.
Savannah: What am I supposed to do about it?
Riley: Easy. Date me. It'd make him jealous, and I'd be able to get him back,
Savannah: I'm not that type of girl.
Riley: I know you want him back.
Savannah: I really don't get how this would help you.
Riley: Let's just say I need a favor from him and I need something to barter with.
Savannah: I'm not a piece of meat.
Savannah: Besides, I don't know what you heard, but HE dumped me.
Savannah: He doesn't want me anymore.
Riley: He does.
Riley: I know.
Savannah: Don't do this.
Savannah: I won't get my hopes up for nothing.
Riley: Your loss.
*Riley is offline.*

Savannah shook her head and tried to clear the conversation from her head. Riley'd probably just heard the rumors, wanted a way to get with her. Fuck him. Fuck all men, fuck life, fuck love, fuck ..

Her door shook suddenly and a loud bang accompanied it, with a shrewd, leering voice.

Fuck. Patrick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you guys listen to the teaser that All Time Low released ?!?! What did you think ? :o
I'm already at 30 subscribers for this! <3 Thanks so much! I wasn't sure I was going to update today because I had a really long hard day but that motivated me to write, along with the comments!
As you can see, I added a new character. He's from a band. Any guesses which one? I'd like to see someone get it :D
If no one does, I'll tell you. But let's just say for now that he's going to be nothing but trouble. I had a slight idea change, so I'm fitting it in now with him.
Hope you enjoy, read, comment, whatever you do best <333