Status: Complete!

If Not For You I Know I'd Tear This Place To The Ground.

Eight: Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control.

Alex woke up with his phone on his face and his blankets on the floor. He hurt all over and he felt like he hadn't slept much even though he remembered going to bed early.

He looked at his phone and then it all came rushing back to him. The phone conversation with a drunken Savannh, not being able to shake the feeling that she was going to do something stupid, and staying awake until 5:30 trying her phone until his had died.

He looked at the clock. It was only 8am. Sun was streaming through the windows and he doubted he'd be able to fall back asleep. He was considering just staying in bed, though.

"Alex! Where you at?" Jack's voice boomed from the stairs. Footsteps fell just outside his room.

Or not. Damn.

"Alex. You better be up! Did you forget that we are supposed to be leaving in an hour for the airport and LA?"

Shit. Alex had forgotten that he and Jack were supposed to be headed to LA to re-do Jack's apartment. It was going to be a surprise for Holly, who didn't like the way the apartment was currently decorated. They were supposed to have it done in 3 days and then be back in Baltimore. Saturday, 5 days from now, they were going out with the two girls that Jack had mentioned, Jessabelle and Lara. After that, it was packing again because their Canadian tour started in about a week and a half.

"I'm up. I'm just not dressed. Give me five minutes. It's not like the airport is far, anyway." Alex flopped out of bed and landed on the floor. He was still laying face down on the floor when Jack opened the door a second later.

He shot Alex a weird look. "Lex ... why are you on the floor?"

"I don't know."

Jack shook his head. "Get up, you idiot. I'm leaving in 15 minutes."

Alex nodded and then shook his head. "Wait, what? You're not driving!"

Jack laughed. "Too late. You already agreed."

*************************************************

Five hours later, Alex and Jack were sitting in Jack's LA bedroom with the television on and various snackfoods scattered all around them.

"Ughhhh, Alex. I ate too much. Why'd you buy so much?" Jack was holding his stomach and moaning as he said this.

Alex laughed. "It was your idea. I just bought what you told me."

Jack rocked back and forth. "And this is why the guys never let us do groceries. Where's Zack when I need him? I bet he'd have some, like, protein shake or something that I could drink and then I'd feel better. Right now, I feel like I'm going to be sick. Am I green? I feel green."

Alex shot his best friend a weird look. "How can you feel green?" he mused, eyebrows dancing.

Jack glared at him. "You know what I mean, dipshit."

Alex smirked. "As a matter of fact, you do look rather ... sick. Your hair is flat, too."

"WHAT?!" Jack jumped from the couch and ran into the bathroom. The door slammed and Alex heard water running. He laughed to himself. And to think that the guys made fun of him. He didn't care what his hair looked like as long as it was sexy.

His phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out and saw that it was a text from Savannah.

"I'm so sorry Alex. I'm so sorry."

Sorry? Sorry for what? Alex didn't know if she was talking about being sorry for calling him last night, sorry she was going to his concert, sorry she'd met him, sorry she hadn't answered his calls ... or sorry for something else completely different. He didn't see why she would bother apologizing. She'd been drunk, and what she'd done hadn't been half as bad as some of the things he'd done when he used to get drunk, and never bothered to apologize for them,

Alex was stilling staring at his phone when Jack came back out of the bathroom.

"Alex, you bastard, my hair looked fine. Why you lie to me like that?!"

Alex didn't answer.

"Hey, Lex .... you okay?"

Wordlessly, Alex held up his phone. Jack looked at it and sighed, and then sat down beside his best friend and put an arm around him.

"What's she talking about, Alex?" he queried.

"I'm not sure ..." he said thoughtfully. "She called me last night."

"What! And you didn't tell me that? It might have helped if you had someone to talk to ... what did she want?"

Alex dropped his face into his hands. "She was drunk. She was saying how she missed me so much pretty much the whole time. She also said that she can't listen to music anymore because it reminds her of us and she doesn't want to remember. She said "I don't wanna rem'mer you, Lex. I don't. Please." I don't know who she was pleading with, me or herself. She seemed so .. helpless."

Jack didn't seem to know what to say. "What did you say?"

"I didn't really say anything! What was I supposed to do? I mean ... I thought she didn't want me. What changed?"

"Maybe nothing has changed. Maybe .. she didn't want to give you up in the first place." Jack hoped Alex didn't read anything more into that than he should.

"I don't know. She's coming to see us in Montreal. With some friends of hers, I guess. Some guys. The same people she went out with last night. They must be pretty close to have convinced her to go to a club with them."

Jack didn't like hearing his best friend so depressed.

"And you know the worst part, Jacky? I called her back. Sixteen times. She didn't answer. I gave up at 5:30 in the morning because I'm clearly just a waste of time. How could I do that to myself? I said I wouldn't have anything more to do with her. I'm an idiot."

"It's not your fault, Alex. Don't do this to yourself."

Alex shook his head and layed on his best friend. "I'm sorry, Jack."

Jack looked at him. "Believe me, you have nothing to be sorry for."
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY. I'm proud of myself. I managed to find time to write another chapter. And I really like this one. It may not be the most important chapter but I love writing about Jack and Alex <3

It would have been up yesterday but I was stressed about working a new department at work and couldn't focus. Forgive me (:

There's going to be quite a bit of drama ahead, I promise. Starting soon. Who thinks Jack is going to be the first to confess his part in keeping Savannah and Alex apart?

And the prequel to this story is at 300 readers <3 I love everyone who read it or who is reading this. Thanks so much <3