Status: Finished

You Don't Know What You Do to Me

I'll Look After You

The last part of Warped Tour was a lot less eventful than the first, thank goodness, and we were now back in Tempe.

The boys would be in Tempe for a while and would be going on a few short tours here and there.

I decided to go back to school, much to my father’s excitement. I wasn’t going back to the University of Arizona though. Instead I was going to go to Arizona State University which was close to Tempe. I decided to major in fashion marketing and business. I was hoping to open up my own fashion boutique once I graduated.

“Hey, John, do you want to help me look for an apartment?” I asked John a couple weeks after we got back from Warped.

“Why don’t you just move into mine, Jared, and Kennedy’s apartment?” John asked.

I scoffed and said, “Yeah right. Your guys’ apartment will turn into a pig sty and you guys will expect me to clean it… not to mention cook for you guys.”

“Dang you saw through my plan.” John smirked and then continued, “Come on PB. Let’s go find you an apartment.

John and I were apartment searching for most of the day until we finally found the one I wanted.

“This is perfect!” I exclaimed as we went on a tour of the eleventh apartment that day. It was 15 minutes from my college, 5 minutes from the boys, and was the perfect size for me.

“It is great. Plus it’s close to my apartment so I can come over all the time.” John smiled.

“Not gonna happen J.” I said laughing.

“Please PB. I don’t want to be stuck with Jared and Kennedy all the time!” John whined.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Fine John. I guess you can come over anytime you want.”

“Yes. Thanks best friend!” John said and then paused before continuing. “Hey, PB, are we ok?”

“Of course J. Why wouldn’t we be?”

John looked at me sheepishly and said, “Well Warped was a little… uh… dramatic for us. Plus I feel as if we didn’t get to hang out very much. I was busy with the band and you were busy with Katy.”

“John, Katy is awesome and is a great friend but no one could replace you. As for the stupid crap you did, I forgive you. Just don’t do it again.” I warned with a smile on my face.

John sighed in relief as he said, “Good. I was worried I was losing you.”

“You could never lose me J.”
__________________________________________________________________

“Please, please let them call my name.” I thought to myself as I waited on stage with four other girls. I was at the Miss Arizona contest and had made the top five. Now I was praying that I had won so I could go on to the Miss America Pageant.

The emcee stepped back on stage and said, “Your 4th runner up and Miss Congeniality is… Parker-Blaine Lawson.”

My stomach sunk as soon as I heard those words come out of his mouth but I kept the smile on my face and accepted my tiny crown and sash.

I walked backstage and saw all of my friends and family waiting to congratulate me.

“Placing 5th your first time in a major state competition is wonderful, dear.” My grandmother said to me.

“I’m so proud of you honey.” My dad said hugging me.

“Great job Parks.” Jared, Pat, Garrett, and Kennedy all said as they pulled me into a group hug.

I then turned towards John. He pulled me into a hug as he said, “You are so fucking pissed and disappointed right now and if one more person tells you congratulations you will probably punch them.”

I smiled up at John and said, “You know me too well, J.”

I talked to everyone else I needed to and then went to get changed before heading home. I walked back to the front of the building and saw John waiting for me.

“Hey, what are you still doing here?” I asked him.

“I told your dad to go on home and I’d drive you to your apartment. Anyway, I have a surprise for you in the car.”

“What is it?”

John just gave me a look and said, “Seriously PB, if I told you now it wouldn’t be a surprise.”

We finally got to the car and saw that John had a bag with cookie dough ice cream and my favorite movies in it.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“Well while you were changing I ran over to the store and Blockbuster and got you your favorite ice cream and movies. I figured you’d need that tonight when you’re crying.”

“Thanks J. Geez, how pathetic am I? I lose my pageant and will spend my night by sitting at home pigging out, watching cheesy movies, and crying all alone.” I said while rolling my eyes.

John looked at me and said, “You may be at home pigging out, watching cheesy movies, and crying but you won’t be alone. I’m staying with you tonight.”

“Really?”

“Of course PB. You had a setback on the road to your dream. It’s just a minor setback because I know that you will someday be Miss America but setbacks suck nonetheless. I’m going to be here for you.”

“Thanks J. You’re the best.”

John just smiled and said, “Anything for you, best friend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww John was worried that things were bad between him and PB and he's staying with her after she got 4th runner-up. All these comments and subscriptions are awesome! Thanks guys :)