Status: Finished

You Don't Know What You Do to Me

The Girl in the Dress Cried the Whole Way Home

I woke up the next morning to see the four guys of A Rocket To The Moon staring at me.

“Um… good morning?” I questioned while sitting up.

“Ok guys give her some space.” Nick said.

Justin, Andrew, and Eric all gave me sympathetic looks before getting up and heading towards the front of the bus.

“So how are you feeling?” Nick asked cautiously.

“Like my heart’s been ripped out.”

“That good huh?”

I just laughed and then said, “I’m going back home Nick.”

“When?”

“Today. I called the airline last night and bought a ticket for tonight.”

“Ok. I’m really going to miss you Parker-Blaine.” Nick smiled sadly.

“I’ll miss you too. Can you do me a favor though? Can you drive me to the airport?”

“Of course.”

“Thanks. Well the boys are in sound check now so I’m going to grab my stuff and then I’ll be back.” I said as I got up and walked out the door.
______________________________________________________________

Everything was packed up and I was ready to go. There were just a few things I had to do first. I grabbed three pieces of paper and began to write letters.

Jared and Kenny,
Thanks for keeping my secret. Maybe things would be different if I had taken your advice and told him earlier. Good luck with the rest of Warped. Call me when you get back to Tempe. Also, please don’t let him try and come after me. I don’t think I could handle that.
Love,
Parks

Pat and Garrett,
I’ll miss you guys so much! Don’t have too much fun without me and try to stay out of trouble. Pat, I’m still waiting on my engagement ring. Gare, I haven’t forgotten your fourth runner-up comment so watch out. Amaze the crowds at Warped. I’ll see you guys when you get back to Tempe.
Love,
Parker-Blaine


I sighed and looked down at the last piece of paper in my hand. This letter was going to be the hardest one to write.

J,
I’m going back home. I truly meant when I said I loved you but I don’t think we can be fixed after last night. I don’t think we can even salvage friendship out of this mess. Nick’s driving me to the airport. Please don’t follow me or try to stop me. I’m serious. Make this easy for the both of us and just let me go. You changed my life and I’ll never regret meeting you. I’ll regret how we ended but everything happens for a reason. Good luck with the rest of your life and do amazing things. I know you will.
Love,
PB


I put the letters where the boys would find them. I then walked out to the stage. I wanted to see the boys perform one last time. After the set was over I walked over to A Rocket To The Moon’s bus.

“Are you sure about this?” Nick asked.

I just nodded because I couldn’t speak thanks to the tears pouring down my face. Nick gave me a sad smile and we climbed into the car he had borrowed to take me to the airport. I looked back one more time as I walked out of my best friend’s life. This time for good.
______________________________________________________________
John’s POV


We got back to the bus after finishing our set. I had sucked and I knew it but I just couldn’t force myself to put on an amazing show after last night.

I tried calling Nick to see how PB was but he didn’t answer. I quickly dialed Halvo’s number instead.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey Halvo, how’s PB?”

“Fine.”

“Can you ask her if she could possibly meet with me so we can talk?”

“I can’t do that.”

“Damn it, Halvo! Please just ask.”

Eric hesitated for a couple seconds and then finally said, “I can’t ask her because she went back home.”

As soon as those words were out of his mouth I ran into the bus. I saw the rest of the guys sitting there with shocked looks on their faces and holding pieces of paper. I didn’t say a word to them, but just ran towards her bunk. Just as I had feared all her luggage was gone. I ran towards the door but Jared stopped me.

“No, John. You’re not going after her.” He said while holding me back.

“Let me go Jared. I have to go after her. She can’t just leave. I need to make things right!” I said as the tears started. Normally I would have been embarrassed to cry in front of the guys but I didn’t care at the moment.

“She told me to not let you follow her. Go talk to her once we get back from Warped. She just needs some time away from you. Here, she left this for you.” Jared said as he handed me a letter.

I sat down and read the letter. As I read I knew that this was her way of saying goodbye. I put my head in my hands and bawled because I didn’t know what else to do.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Nick looking down at me with pity in his eyes.

He cleared his throat and said, “Parks made it on her plane alright and is now headed back to Tempe.”

“Nick, I love her.”

Nick just nodded and said, “I know.”

She was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to put this up last night but stuff happened and I couldn't, sorry! Anyway, thanks so much to my commenters and subscribers. Have I surprised you guys? lol