Status: Finished

You Don't Know What You Do to Me

My Life Would Suck Without You

“It is now my pleasure to say congratulations class of 2007. Now go out and live your dreams.” The principle of Tempe High School said into the microphone as I threw my cap into the air along with the rest of my graduating class.

The processional of students began to filter out of the gym for the last time. I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for my row to be dismissed. I couldn’t get out of here fast enough and finally start living.

I finally made it out into the cafeteria where my entire class and all our family and friends were gathered. I scanned the crowd and smiled to myself when I finally spotted that tall, brown haired boy.

“We made it! We finally did it!” I said as I ran towards John.

He caught me and spun me around as he said, “I know PB! I can’t believe it. I also can’t believe you were in the top 10 of our class. You are such a nerd.”

“Well I can’t believe you actually graduated, J. You better be glad I’m a nerd because you never would have graduated without my help.” I quickly retorted.

“I know I wouldn’t have graduated without your help Parker-Blaine. I lost track of how many times you did my homework for me five minutes before class.” I heard a voice behind me say. I quickly turned around and saw Jared standing there smiling down at me.

“Well lucky for you Jared Monaco, I kept track of how many times I helped you during these past four years of high school. You owe me big time! Same goes for you JohnOh.” I smirked at my two best friends.

John gave me a dirty look as I said the nickname he hated while Jared just laughed.

“You know I hate that nickname Parks.” John said.

“Actually, you just hate the person who gave it to you.” Jared piped up.

“Well speak of the devil.” I muttered under my breath as Tessa Samuels walked up to us.

Oh Tessa Samuels… where do I even begin? John dated her for most of junior year and she gave him the nickname JohnOh even though it happened by accident. Tessa was quite loud in bed and the rest of the boys heard her one day when they were waiting on John so they could have band practice. The boys of course began calling him JohnOh after that and the name stuck. John and Tessa eventually broke up for many reasons but a main one was because she was jealous of me and constantly insulted me. She also cheated on him. Needless to say, John now hated her.

I quickly turned to talk to Kennedy, Pat, and Garrett while Tessa draped herself over John like cheap curtains. I rolled my eyes at Pat and Garrett as they whined about how it was unfair that they still had two more years of high school. Kennedy just stood there flaunting his diploma.

“Suck it up, boys.” I smirked at the two of them.

“Shut up Parker-Blaine. Why don’t you go over and join in the conversation with Tessa?” Garrett smirked back.

“Ugh, no thank you.” I muttered. For some reason I lost all my confidence when I was around any of the girls at my school.

“I don’t understand you, Parks. You’re gorgeous and a beauty queen but one snide comment from Tessa or one of her friends and you become self-conscious. You can get on stage for a pageant in front of thousands of people but you can’t handle one girl?” Kennedy asked.

“That’s what happens when you’ve been teased by someone for six years straight.” I muttered.

“Well I love you!” Pat said as he pulled me into a bear hug and nearly knocked me over.

“Aww thanks Pat. That’s why you’re my favorite.”

“Hey!” Kennedy and Garrett both yelled.

John finally escaped Tessa and walked over to us, “Actually I’m her favorite because first of all, I’m John O’Callaghan and second of all, the rest of you suck. Let’s go PB. Your dad and my parents want pictures.” I rolled my eyes because I knew how much John’s mom loved taking pictures.

“Smile pretty for the camera Parker-Blaine. Don’t break it JohnOh.” Pat yelled after us. John flipped him off while I just chuckled.

“So how is dear old Tessa doing?” I smirked at John.

“Being a whore like usual. I can’t believe I actually slept with her.” John muttered.

“That’s why it’s always best to just keep it in your pants.”

“Excuse me but I am a growing boy and have raging hormones.”

“I’m able to keep my hormones in check. Anyway you do have a hand.”

John chose to ignore my hand comment and just said, “Oh yeah, I forgot you were Virgin Mary over there.”

“Geez John, I’m not a nun. I just don’t want to sleep with any of these losers at Tempe. Plus you scare away any guy that even looks at me.”

“Because, PB, guys suck. I’m a guy, I know. So are you coming with us to Steven’s party tonight?”

I groaned at the thought of going to a party. I rarely drank and I just felt so awkward at parties. “Come on J, you know I hate parties. I rarely drink because one picture of me drinking when I’m underage could ruin my chances at being Miss America. Whenever I go to parties with you guys I just stand there looking like a loser.”

“Yeah but we need a designated driver. Plus this is our last high school party. I really want you to go. Please Parks?” John gave me his stupid puppy dog look that always worked.

“Fine, I’ll go. What would you do without me?” I asked rolling my eyes.

“I don’t know but I’m pretty sure my life would suck.”

“Yes it would, J, yes it would.” I said as John and I finally reached our parents so we could take millions of pictures. John might think his life would suck without me but I’m sure he’d be fine. It’d be my life that would suck without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Graduation Outfit
So I've been super productive this past week and, I won't bore you with all the details but, hopefully I'll be able to post the next chapter sooner since I got a lot done with school and whatnot. I'll try but no promises.
I'm disappointed with the number of readers for my other story Now I Don't Even Know My Last Name so I'll be focusing on this one a bit more. I'll still be updating that one but this has now become my priority.
Lastly, Valentine's Day is almost here so you should show me some love by commenting, subscribing, telling your friends about my stories, and/or reading my other story or one-shots :) Have a good week everyone!