Status: Finished

You Don't Know What You Do to Me

You Look so Cute When You Get that Mad

A week later I walked towards John’s house and saw the boys lounging around outside waiting to leave. The boys were going on tour today and I was going with them. They were just going to tour around Arizona and other parts of the Southwest for the summer promoting their EP.

As I walked up Jared started laughing and said, “You are such a misfit, Parker-Blaine.”

“What the eff, Monaco?” I snapped.

“Fuck, PB. The word is fuck.” John said.

“I know what the word is. I just choose not to say it because a lady shouldn’t say those types of words.”

“When did you become a lady?” John smirked.

I ignored his comment before I said something I regretted and turned to Jared. “Why am I such a misfit?”

“Look at your outfit. I can’t tell if you’re from Alabama or Arizona. You have your “Roll Tide” shirt on which is obviously from Alabama University but then you have a plaid shirt on which is very Arizona-ish.”

John, not knowing when to keep his stupid mouth shut, piped up and said, “Yeah but we get our plaid shirts at the mall for like 20 bucks. Her plaid shirt is Juicy Couture and costs over $100. This just proves that you can take the girl out of the south but you can’t take the Southern Belle out of the girl.”

John then took out a cigarette and started smoking, which he knew I hated.

“John! Get that thing away from me. If you want to ruin your own life by sucking on that death trap then that’s fine, but you won’t ruin mine with your secondhand smoke.” I grumbled.

John just smirked and kept on smoking.

“If you’re going to act like this then I’m just going to stay home this summer instead of going with you guys.” I stated. John was my best friend but sometimes I wanted to kill him.

Pat came running over and hugged me as he said, “No Parker-Blaine! Come with us. You’re actually nice to me unlike the rest of these douche bags!”

“Fine, I’ll go with you guys but someone better keep JohnOh in check before I kill him.”

“I’d like to see you try beauty queen.” John laughed.

“John, back off. I don’t know what crawled up your ass but you don’t need to take it out on Parks.” Jared said standing up for me.

Tim, Pat’s older brother and the boys’ manager, walked up just in time and said, “Let’s get ready to go boys… and Parker-Blaine.”

We all piled into the van. I got in the last row of seats and Jared crawled in beside me.

“Jared, move. You know that I get to sit by Parks. We’re PB&J.” John said motioning at Jared to move.

“Technically, Parker-Blaine and I could be PB&J also. Plus, I think that I should get to sit by her since I wasn’t being a jerk.” Jared retorted.

“You called her a misfit. Now, move.” John growled.

Jared rolled his eyes and gave me an “I’m sorry” look before moving up to the next row. John scooted into the spot where Jared had just been. I scooted closer to the window because I wanted to be as far from John as possible.

John noticed and moved closer towards me as he said, “Parks, I’m sorry.”

“You can’t just stand there and insult me, John, and expect everything to be ok.” I said as tears threatened to spill from my eyes. I turned around hoping that John wouldn’t notice.

He noticed anyway though and said, “Shit, PB, I didn’t mean to make you cry. I was awful to you and I know that. My dad said some stuff to me this morning about me skipping college to do things with the band and it really got to me. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you though. I don’t want you to be mad at me even though you have every right to be. I really am sorry.”

I turned back around to John and said, “Fine John, I forgive you.”

John hugged me and said, “Thanks PB. I don’t deserve you as a best friend but I have no clue what I would do without you. Oh, by the way, you look cute when you’re pissed.”

“Excuse me but I’m pretty sure that I look cute all the time.”

John just laughed and kissed me on the cheek as he said, “I’ll agree with you about that Parks.”

By this time Jared had turned around and given me a look. He knew about how I was in love with John. He was the only one though because I wouldn’t let him tell any of the other guys. Boys cannot keep secrets and I didn’t need someone opening their big mouth and telling John.

I just ignored Jared’s look and leaned my head on John’s shoulder. Jared thought that I should tell John how I felt but I just couldn’t. I was worried that I would ruin our friendship by telling him. I’d rather have John in my life and be hopelessly in love with him than not have him in my life at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
The outfit that makes her a "misfit."
So I'm extremely excited with the feedback I'm getting for this story but more doesn't hurt :) Hope you like it! Have a lovely week.
Looking for another story to read? Check out my other stories including Now I Don't Even Know My Last Name.