Status: Finished

You Don't Know What You Do to Me

'Cause That's What Single Girls Do

“Sorry you had to see mine and John’s fight earlier. He just gets super overprotective sometimes and it bugs the crap out of me.” I said to Nick during lunch. We had gone to a little deli that was right down from the recording studio.

“No big deal.” Nick said and then continued, “So you and John are friends?”

“Yep. Best friends.”

“Just friends?”

I gave Nick a weird look and asked, “What do you mean?”

“Well it just seems to me that guys and girls have trouble being just friends. Especially if the guy and girl are super attractive. I mean you’re a beauty queen and drop dead gorgeous and John’s pretty attractive too. I’m saying that in a totally non-gay way. It seems like at least one of you would be attracted to the other.”

I tried to stop blushing and said, “Well we’re just friends.”

Nick just gave me a look and said, “Sure…”

I sighed and said, “Ok well let’s say that hypothetically I like John but he doesn’t feel the same way. I’m going to need another boy to take my mind off of John.”

Nick smirked at me and said, “I could be that boy.”

“You could be, Nicholas Santino, you could be.”
________________________________________________________________

As promised, I got back to the studio by 3:59.

Nick walked in with me and said, “Here you go Johnny Boy. I had her back by the time you said. I did think about kidnapping her and taking her back to Braintree with me but I restrained myself.”

John mumbled his thanks as I said goodbye to Nick before he left. The boys packed up their stuff and we left to go back to the hotel room. The car ride was silent because everyone was so mad at me. I wouldn’t even be able to escape once we got back to the hotel because I was stuck rooming with John. I thought about asking one of the other guys to switch with me but I knew they wouldn’t since they were pissed that I had put John in a bad mood.

We got back to our room and I had all I could take of John and his attitude.

“You know what John? You’re acting really immature. I don’t know why you care so much about what I do.”

“I don’t give a fuck about what you do anymore Parker-Blaine.”

“I don’t see what the big deal is about me going out to lunch with Nick. I’m sorry for trying to make a friend! You know what though, John? I’m single which means I’m not your property!”

“Do whatever the hell you want Parker-Blaine. You could even go back to Braintree with Nick and be his little whore. I don’t care.” John said and then stormed out of the room.

I immediately started crying. Not only had John called me a whore, he had also used my full name. He didn’t call me PB once during that entire conversation. He almost never used my full name unless he was super pissed at me.
________________________________________________________________

It was later that night and I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep. John still wasn’t back and I figured he had gone out somewhere to drink. I had no clue where he was able to get the alcohol though since he wasn’t 21 yet.

I heard the door open and saw John finally come in. I pretended to be asleep because I really didn’t feel like talking to him.

John went into the bathroom and a couple minutes later I felt my bed shift as John got in beside me.

“Your bed is over there John Cornelius. I suggest you go over to it because I don’t feel like being near you right now.” I said with my back still turned towards him.

“PB, please look at me.” John pleaded.

I turned around and said, “Why? So you can call me a whore again? That’s real funny since you only seem to date whores. There are some things you should never say to your best friend and you pretty much said all of them to me today.” By the end of my rant I was crying.

“Please don’t cry PB. I was incredibly mean to you today and nothing I say can take it back but just know that I am so sorry. I was way out of line and I know it.”

“I just don’t see what the big friggen deal was.” I said, not accepting John’s apology.

“I know that I was overprotective. It’s just that I feel as if what Ryan did to you this past fall was partly my fault because I wasn’t there to protect you. I know what Nick can sometimes be like. I just don’t want him to be like that to you.”

“It was just lunch John. I’m not sleeping with him. Plus Ryan cheating on me was not even remotely your fault.”

John sighed and said, “I know. Like I said, I was out of line. I just don’t want anyone to hurt you ever again.”

“Fine. I forgive you J. Now go back over to your bed so I can get to sleep.” I said.

John smirked at me and said, “Actually I’m pretty comfortable here. I think I’ll just say here and cuddle with you all night.”

I rolled my eyes and acted as if I was annoyed but I was secretly glad that John decided to stay and cuddle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! I'm trying to make up for this past week since I was so busy.
For some reason I find this chapter adorable. I'm not sure why though... I guess I'm weird bahaha. Thanks so, so much to my commenters and subscribers!!