I Try

Can You Hear Me?

“Hey Luc?” a mumble came from her parents closed compartment.

“Yeah dad?”

“Thank you; you’re really a great kid.”

Her smiled let him know he’d done the right thing and he quickly passed out and lulled into a quiet snore that had become familiar to Luca. She took out her phone and saw a missed call from Lauren followed by a text. “Hey Luca! Don’t forget the meant for more meeting after school on Monday!”Meant for more was the catholic club at her high school. See Luca transferred schools this past year from St. Peters to the public school in her town – she never realized how different it’d be to not be surrounded by people of her faith. Luca wasn’t exactly ‘bible hugging, cross wearing, honk if you love Jesus’ but she did care about it. So, with nothing to do she decided to pray.

God, can you hear me? Why do my parents seem to have more of a life than I do? I don’t mean to complain, I know how lucky I am but I just feel so…empty. Please can you tell me what to do? Give me anything to look forward to? Anyways, I don’t even know what I’m doing. Please just help me; in anyways you can.

The sun was just rising, but her eye lids tugged towards sleep.

please...

“Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open.” ~Switchfoot [Meant to Live]
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks so much for reading! i hope you like it do far.
i plan on all the chapters to be fairly short

thanks again! comments and such are much appreciated!
-jackieee