More Than a Bet

03

Stella and I stood at the side of the stage, both of us warming our vocals up as the guys finished setting up the stage. Once Drake was finished he quickly joined our little circle and warmed his voice up too. Evan handed me my light blue guitar, which I quickly placed around my neck and lightly strummed it before looking up at my band.

“Okay, we’re so ready for this. Fans will be storming our merch table when we’re done.” I said with a big smile.

“Oh yeah. All the girls will want me.” Evan said, pushing his chest out and flexing his arm.

“Yeah, to help them accessorize their outfits.” Stella said, causing everyone else to laugh. I looked over her should to see the guy from the after party last night looking at me with a smirk. I gulped and tried to focus on what Tyler was saying. Everyone put their hands in the middle and he counted down to three before they all yelled the word for the day.

“May didn’t say it!” Drake complained with a pout.

“Okay, again this time. Mikayla, we’re saying Love Wins, today.” Tyler smiled and I tried not to roll my eyes since I knew that he only picked it since he just got off the phone with his fiancée.

Everyone put their hands back in the middle and Tyler once again counted down, we all yelled our phrase and raised our hands into the air. I could see Alex smiling wider at me and I looked away. Our intro song, Just Dance by Lady Gaga, started to play and everyone got in line to jump on stage.

Alex grabbed me just before I went on. “I just wanted to wish you good luck.” he said softly, a light blush on his cheeks as he shyly looked away.

“Oh, uhm, thanks.” I whispered, blushing myself.

He smiled, “Go blow them away. I’m sure you’re going to be amazing. I can just tell.”

I blushed deeper as he pulled me into a tight embrace and lightly pushed my body to the stage where Stella gave me a weird look before allowing her fingers to dance upon the keyboard in front of her. Her voice softly played out to the crowd and I waited for my moments to sing also.

I looked into the crowd, maybe fifteen kids had formed in front of us, but it was slightly growing as my voice harmonized with Stella. I could see Alex out of the corner of my eye as I played, his head bobbing up and down to the music. A few of the girls in the crowd were pointing to him and taking his picture. I let out a small sigh as I shot Drake a look, we made eye contact and I nodded towards the girls. He just rolled his eyes and continued to play.

Our set ended a few minutes later, since we only got to play for twenty minutes. Stella thanked the crowd, most of which was still ogling Alex, and we left the stage.

“That was like the biggest crowd we played!” Evan exclaimed, sweat dripping off his entire body. He had taken his shirt off only two songs into the set and the red material was hanging around his shoulders.

“Did you see why?” I grumbled, wiping my eyes and face with the towel Stella handed me.

“Uh, no?” he questioned, looking at me weird while trying to take apart his drums. I just looked at Alex who was making his way towards me. “Oh.” Evan said in a low voice.

“You were really awesome!” he exclaimed, throwing an arm around me.

I forced a smile. “Thanks. But I should get to packing up our stuff, we have to get it all gone before the next set.” I was hoping it would make him scurry away, but it flattered when he offered to help me. I would have felt horrible-and my band mates probably would have killed me-if I had said no, so I kinda accepted and soon he was helping Evan move his drums across the Warped Tour grounds.

I tired to keep away from him, but unfortunately Stella had noticed and was quick to question.

“Why are you avoiding him?” she softly asked as I placed my guitar in the trailer. “He’s cute!”

“He keeps flirting with me.” I mumbled, taking Tyler’s bass and placing it next to my guitar.

“That’s a good thing!” she exclaimed, grabbing my shoulders and forcing me to look at her. “Come on May! You two would be cute, and don’t tell me to go for him I have Drake!”

I sighed and blew my bangs away from my face. “I kinda just want to focus on our band right now. It’s way more important that going for a boy.”

“But, this boy will bring more fans in, don’t you see?”

“That is horrible Stella!” I hissed, glaring at her.

“What’s horrible?” Alex asked from behind me.

“Oh, uh, the Awful Waffle that Forever the Sickest Kids have been doing.” Stella quickly covered, “I was watching a few vides on YouTube last night and just told Mikayla about it.”

“Oh yeah, those are pretty nasty.” he laughed, casually laying his arm over my shoulder. I let out a forced laugh and tried to step away from him.

“You know, we don’t have anything else going on today, Mikayla why don’t you go do something?” she said with a grin.

“Yeah, that’s an awesome idea.” Alex said, smiling down at me, “I know a little place around here that we could go grab a bite to eat if you would like.”

I had to break my glare from Stella and made myself smile towards Alex. I didn’t want to be rude but I was still shocked when I heard my voice answer “Sure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Feedback please!