Status: One and Done

I'll Be There

I'll Be There

Image
Sitting at the North Baltimore Aquatic Club, I waited for my boyfriend to finish his training. He was going to the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing this year. My boyfriend was Michael Phelps, Maryland’s poster boy. I was just a waitress at a local Applebee’s. We met when he came into my work with a few of his friends and left his number along with a $60 tip. That was just two years ago today.

“Bridgette, I’m gonna shower and change.” Michael said as he came over to me. I smiled at him. “Then we can go to dinner? I’m starved.” I pouted. Mike nodded and gave me a quick kiss, before walking away to the locker room. Bob Bowman came over to me and sat with me. “He’s doing great. I think he’s ready.” He told me. “He has been. Has he been listening to our song a lot?” I asked. Bob nodded, “He does his best when it’s playing.” I smiled. Our song was my favorite song by Green Day called Pop Rocks and Coke. After our first fight, he sent this song to me and told me that he would be there for me. “Ready, baby?” Mike asked. He was wearing his usual outfit and sandals. I stood up and fixed my outfit. “Bye, Mister Bowman.” I said before grabbing onto Mike’s hand.

Mike wrapped his long arm around my shoulders as we walked to his black Cadillac Escalade. We sat in a content silence as he drove out of the parking of the swim club. “I have a surprise for you when we get to my apartment.” Mike said with his wide smile. I blushed, remembering that today marked our two-year anniversary. “You know I hate when you buy me things. Especially gifts I don’t deserve.” I said. He may make millions of dollars but I never ask him for any money. He earned it. I hate when he throws it around and buys me extravagant gifts. The gifts, I know, are from his heart but I’d rather have something from an antique shop than Tiffany’s.

At Mike’s Fells Point apartment, he covered my eyes before he opened the door. “Why can’t I see my son?” I whined. I called Herman, Mike’s bulldog, my son because he protected me more than he did his actual owner. “Because he’s with Whitney tonight,” he explained as he led me somewhere in his place. “Alright, open your eyes.” I opened my eyes to see a romantic little picnic-type dinner set up in his living room. White candles were lit, red wine was chilled, and white rose petals decorated the floor. “Oh Michael, you really remembered. This is so beautiful.” I gushed. Mike stepped in front of me and held me close to his muscular body. “Of course I remembered, baby. I love you.” He cooed as he rubbed my cheek. I melted at his touch. “I love you too.” I whispered. He gently kissed me, teasing me with his soft lips. I whined. He chuckled before deepening the kiss with his tongue. I touched his cheeks in order to pull him closer. It had been a while since we were intimate. “Later, Bridgette, I promise.” He cooed as he pulled away. I blushed at my forcefulness.
Mike made a cute cushion seat out of pillows and blankets for us to cuddle up on. Dinner was Italian food, our favorite. I had veggie lasagna while Mike had spaghetti with meatballs. “Thank you for this.” I said as I entwined our fingers. “I told you, I liked to surprise you. I don’t like when we fight. I know my schedule has been hectic with the Olympics coming up next month but I know it’ll be worth it. I’m gonna come home to you with eight gold medals.” He promised. “Just be careful. Don’t fatigue yourself.” I sighed. Mike chuckled and gave me a soft kiss before whispering, “You worry too much. I’ll be fine. I have you cheering me on.” I giggled but nodded nonetheless. I was his cheerleader even though I wouldn’t be going to Beijing.

For dessert, Mike crawled on top of me. “Well, hi there.” I giggled as he dove straight for my neck. He loved leaving his mark on me. In the background, I could hear Pop Rocks and Coke playing softly. I let out a content sigh as one of his hands went under my shirt. “Lots of foreplay or no?” he asked. I could tell he was already turned on by how dark his brown eyes had gotten. “Whatever you want, baby.” I sighed. He has a thing for foreplay. He tugged off my skinny jeans and stared at my lacey pink boy shorts. I curled my fingers in his hair as he kissed my hip tattoos and tugged on my belly button ring. I helped him pull off his shirt as kissed every inch I could reach. “You smell like strawberries.” He groaned. He had a thing for my strawberry shampoo. I nipped his nipple before kissing his collar bone. He practically ripped off my shirt and growled when he saw I had on his favorite lacey bra of mine. Without a second to spare, my bra was in the heap of clothing and Mike was making me moan. He knew how to touch me and how to please me. His lips teased one nipple while his fingers worked the other.

“Mike, I need you now.” I breathed out. He happily obliged and put one of his hands in my panties. I let out a soft scream as his long fingers worked my bundle of nerves. His mouth occupied mine as my body reacted to his fingers. Just as I started to buck my hips, he withdrew his fingers and took off my panties. He placed his arms on either side of my head before he entered me. I gripped his forearms and watched his face. He was anything but small. “It’s been too long.” He groaned as he began to thrust inside me. I responded with a small moan. His thrusts stayed gentle and smooth, we wanted to make love not fuck. “I love you, Bridgette.” Mike breathed out before kissing me. I whimpered in the kiss as I moved my grip to his strong shoulders. “Michael…oh God…” I cried. I could feel my orgasm building up. “Hold on for me, baby.” He grunted. I tried to but he hit my G-spot and I was lost. I moaned out his name as he continued to thrust. Right after I came down from my orgasm, he came in me. He buried his face in my neck and I helped him ride it out.

He collapsed next to me and pulled our blanket cushion around us. I rolled my upper body onto his and drew imaginary designs on his chest. “That was amazing,” He whispered. I kissed his neck in approval. “I didn’t give you the actual gift I got you.” I chuckled and looked at him. “This romantic night wasn’t it?” I asked. He shook his head before getting up. He walked stark naked over to the front closet. He pulled out something before returning to me. “I know you don’t like expensive things. But I think this will be an exception.” He explained. He held onto the small box and I bit my lip. He wrapped the blankets around us before he opened the box. “Bridgette, I know we’ve only been together for two years. But…I love you. I never thought I’d find someone who would love the real me. Someone who would be there for me through the training, interviews, competitions, and just everything. And then I found you and you were that someone. Like our song says, anywhere I go, I know you’ll be there. I know you be at the competitions, cheering me on. I don’t have to be the Olympian when I’m with you. Be with me, Bridgette. Be my wife.” I couldn’t help but tear up at his words. They were true. I love him for the homebody he was; not the Millionaire athlete. “Yes, Michael, yes.” I sobbed. Mike smiled and put the beautiful ring on my left ring finger. I pulled him close and kissed him deep. “I love you. But you’re a crazy fool.” I cried out with a laugh. “Why is that, my love?” he asked with his signature smile. “You know I hate surprises. Especially ones that make me cry.” Mike laughed but wiped my tears away.