Status: Active

Love Bites

Stories Unfold

I sat on the side of the sidewalk leaning back on my arms waiting for Elena’s car to pull up in front of my beat up vehicle I had now parked on the side of the street.

“Erin! You scared me! Are you ok?” Elena walked quickly throwing her arms around me before she grabbed my shoulders shaking me lightly.

“What happened?” Stefan and Damon stood behind her eyeing me curiously as I watched Elena’s fearful face.

“It was a small fender bender” I laughed rubbing the back of my head sheepishly looking at all of them to see if they had bought my lie. Elena and Stefan merely nodded, but Damon watched me with a cautious hesitant expression.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Elena questioned again as she sat down on the sidewalk wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

“Elena, I’ve been in worse, I’m ok, I just didn’t know who to call, sorry if you guys were busy” I stated looking at Stefan who shook his head quickly.

“Erin if you’re ever in a bad situation, I want you to call nobody else but us” Damon glanced at his younger brother before he pulled his arms across his chest a small playful smirk coming on his lips.

“So who hit you?” Damon’s lips curled into a playful grin causing my heart to stop in my chest.

“Some kid, he freaked and ran out of the car” I laughed shrugging, but Damon’s stare didn’t leave my face, he knew I was lying and that annoyed and pissed me off more than anything in the world.

“If he hit you, why is there screech marks where your car was” I stopped laughing to glare at
Damon before I glanced behind him to see the stranger’s car and very noticeable screech marks in front of it, looking as if I had purposely caused the accident.

“Damon, stop being an insensitive ass” Stefan stated glancing at his brother with a stern expression on his face.

Damon stopped talking allowing me to yell out a small mental victory, what the hell was his problem anyways.

“Well saying were in front of the grill why don’t we get a bite to eat?” Elena suggested. I watched my cousins eyes light up with happiness when I looked at her, I didn’t want to say no, but I just wanted to get home and think about things that were going on that I didn’t understand.

“Elena, I’m not hungry”

“I just want to get home, I’ll take my car. Sorry I called you guys over” I stood up from the sidewalk to see Damon glance at me a smirk tugging on his lips.

“I’ll take you home” Damon stating rather than asking caused anger to boil deep within the pit of my stomach.

“I’m perfectly capable Damon” I mocked bitterly pulling my car keys out of my pocket before Stefan snatched them away causing me to gasp annoyed.

“Erin, please just let Damon take you home” Elena stated looking at Stefan who was handing my car keys to Damon.

“You better take care of her Damon” Elena continued as he got into the driver’s seat of MY car. Didn’t they understand I wanted to be ALONE?

Forcefully I walked to my car sliding into the passenger seat with Damon who sat comftorablly close beside me. When I shut my door Damon turned on the car waving at Stefan and Elena who stayed behind, it was only when Damon pulled away that he glanced at me a knowing beam on his face.

“You are a sneaky little liar” I growled glaring at Damon who was now laughing at what he had said.

“What the hell did you get yourself into Erin hm?” Damon’s tone was mocking and that irritated me to the core.

“Damon, I’m so not in the mood right now”

“I wasn’t talking about sex Erin, but if that’s what your suggesting how can I oppose?” Damon smirked causing my eyes to widen.

“Listen to me Damon! I don’t want to worry Elena, I’ve gotten into shit like this before that drove her nuts, if she found out that two guys were following me home she’d have a fit!”

Damon’s humor faded into shock and what I thought to be concern, but anything with
Damon didn’t have concern involved.

“Two guys, followed you home?” I bit my tongue hard to the point I began to taste a coppery flavor.

“Yes” Mentally slapping myself, I turned away from Damon leaning against the car window feeling the cold of the glass tickle my cheek.

“What did they look like Erin?” His voice trailed as I watched his hands tighten on my steering wheel.

“Damon, how the hell am I supposed to know? When I noticed they were following me I went into fricken overdrive, I didn’t know what to do so I hit the brakes and figured that when both our cars stopped I’d be able to confront them, but when I got out of the car they were gone” Damon glanced at me his eyebrows raising.

“Are you out of your mind, or just suicidal, Erin! You can’t go yelling at people”

“I didn’t yell I just called him an asshole” I laughed lightly causing Damon to stare at me concerned.

“Look I don’t think you should go wandering into town by yourself okay?”

“Are you suggesting to come with me Damon?” Damon looked at me and paused before he
nodded.

“If I have to I will” His voice was stern and forceful, this of course made me laugh.

“It’s ok dad, but I think I can handle myself” The car came to a stop before pulling up to
Elena’s house. The fact that Damon was acting stupid annoyed me, and the fact that I had spent so much time in town that it was already dark annoyed me more. I looked at Damon extending my hand for him to hand me my car keys. He pulled the keys out of the ignition before he placed them in the palm of my hand causing me to force a smile.

“Thanks for the ride Damon” I stated before I got out of the car slamming the door shut walking up toward the house.

“Erin!” I turned around to see Damon’s face, an expression I had never seen before.

“Look. Don’t trust anyone okay…not even me” His last words reminded me so much of my dreams I was taken back before I realized exactly what had happened. Damon was standing in front of me watching my face carefully making my breath hitch in my throat.

“I don’t trust people easily Damon, but I trust you, and I have this feeling you won’t screw me over” I spoke before I put the key into the front door of the house pulling the door open.

When I turned around Damon stood there his hands roughly stuck into the pockets of his leather jacket, his blue eyes watching every movement. Then I felt bad, he’d have to wait out here, alone, for Stefan and Elena in order to get home.

“Damon, why don’t you come inside and wait for Stefan?” Damon’s expression was
unreadable as he nodded walking into the house before I closed the door behind us.

“I think you’re more welcomed here than I am, so make yourself at home” I nodded toward the living room but Damon continued to watch me still no expression on his face.

“What are you looking at?” I asked concerned worried I had something weird on my face causing me to self-consciously run my hand across my cheeks and chin.

“You’re really beautiful Erin” Had Damon Salvatore just spoke words I thought I would never hear come out of his mouth.

“You don’t mean that Damon” I cleared my throat before I continued looking away from his unnerving stare that was bringing a red flush to my cheeks.

“I’ll be upstairs I guess this is goodnight”

“It doesn’t have to” I looked at Damon with an even more shocked expression, what the hell happened to the cold hearted strictly flirty guy?

“Look, please don’t play with me Damon, I’ve been through enough of guys exactly like you” I turned my back walking up the stairs before he grabbed my hand pulling me toward him.

“Erin I don’t get it, I don’t feel like my regular self when I’m with you” I shook my head no putting my hands on his chest that brought goose bumps on my skin causing me to lightly push him away.

His hands grabbed onto my forearms before I could pull myself anymore, then he touched my cheek my eyes widening in shock. Then something happened that I didn’t expect…his lips roughly collided with mine making my heart stop mid beat in my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok guys so this is where things start picking up I promise!!! Sorry for all the stupid fluff chapters, but a story has to start somewhere!!! If you guys like this story enough please subscribe and please please comment!!!! Hell even if its a smiley face!!! Feedback is feedback!!! :D Thank you so much for taking the time to read this story and I hope you enjoy it enough to recommend to friends!!!.