Status: It's on like a chicken bone.

Candy Coated Lips and Fragile Hearts

Two

The next morning I repeated my daily routine much in the same fashion. I woke up to the blaring alarm clock, stretched and slugged to the shower, dressed in my same black jeans from yesterday and threw on my red ‘Carl’s Candy Shop’ shirt. I had one for almost every color. Today was just a ‘red’ sort of day. Breakfast was an ice cream sundae pop-tart and a bottle of water. And just like every other day, I stood behind the counter watching people pass in and out of the candy shop.

At a particularly slow point in the day, I sat back on the stool and thought of how my life had come this far and how little I had to show for it. George Ryan Ross III, works in the business of assorted candies, doesn’t-quite-own his own shit hole of a house, never met a person he liked, never thought he’d wind up here. It was at this point that I told myself to ‘stop the fucking pansy party’ and jumped up off the stool to help an old lady who was having trouble reading the brands of candy. My day ended very much like the last, minus the annoying Brendon boy and add a few more annoying teenagers. I once again ended that day with a cold beer and a Stouffer’s lasagna for dinner.

By Friday I was feeling kind of good about the weekend. I had bought a 24 pack of Heinken and rented a few horror flicks for my two days off. It was almost time to close the shop up and I was singing a Beatles tune under my breath while sweeping when I heard the over head chime ring.

“Feel free to look around but we close in ten minutes.” I said before looking up. The customer remained silent so I figured it was a snotty teenager who had nothing better to do than hang out at candy shops and annoy me. I was half right. I looked up to make sure the kid wasn’t stealing anything and I saw Brendon beaming at me from the counter. His arms were propped up and his hips were poking out to the side. He wore the deepest shade of purple denim pants and a bright yellow v-neck with the words ‘Vegan’ written across the chest. So the very fairy doesn’t eat meat? Ironic, huh? I chuckled at my own mind and Brendon gave me a slighlty confused look.

“I’m sorry, I was thinking. So, what can I help you with?” I put the broom back in the corner and walked up to the counter, checking the clock and doing one last sweep of the store. Brendon leaned in and gave me a quick smile.

“I came to steal you away. Cancel all plans for tonight, we are going to the MOVIES!” Brendon giggled gleefully and I almost awed at how easily he could laugh. He seemed to not have a care in the world.

“Uh, dude...I don’t know you. Even if I did know you, I am not a movie theater type of guy. My plans for tonight are beer, chips, and horror flicks.” I figured that would do the trick and the little guy would leave. Much to my surprise, Brendon laughed.

“Ha, you said beer, chips, and horror flicks...that rhymed! Hahahaha!” And I almost smiled. I can’t remember the last time I genuinely smiled and here this flamboyant and happy boy has made me want to smile. I immeaditely put my guard up and blocked him off.

“So it’s time for the store to close, you can leave now.” I started closing all the candy dispenser tops and I flipped the sign from 'Open’ to 'Closed’. Brendon seemed to sag his shoulders a little but almost immeaditely jumped back up and flashed a cheesy grin.

“Cool! We can go chill at your place.” And I could hear the small hint of hopefulness in his voice. I threw a small frown his way and cocked my head to the side.

“You don’t get it do you? I don’t like people. I don’t have friends because I don’t want friends. I don’t go to parties or movies or out to eat. I work this job and then I go home to my house where it’s quiet and no body is there to tell me about their day or ...” My mind went blank because every word I was saying, I was suddenly starting to reconsider what it meant. Did I really want to be alone? Did I really hate movies and restaurants? A movie and some popcorn wouldn’t be that bad every once in a while...right? I stumbled out of my thoughts and realized that Brendon was still staring at me, waiting on me to finish my sentence. He wore a look of intrigue instead of his usual smile. Why the hell was he so interested in me?

*Brendon POV*

As Ryan explained to me what he didn’t like, I realized he didn’t like to be alone. He may not have known it but I did. I saw the sadness in his eyes and the frown he always wore. This kid was way to young to be so pessimistic. His eyes... they really made me smile. The way he stared at something with so much intensity made me wonder how good he was in bed. I smirked a bit and leaned over the counter.

“You need a friend. You can’t be alone all the time. You will turn into a psycho serial killer and well frankly, you wouldn’t last five minutes in prison... so to save you from a life of crime and rape, I’m coming to your house to socialize.” I ended my matter-of-fact speech and crossed my arms over my chest for added emphasis. Ryan sighed and rolled his eyes, a clear sign of defeat.

“If I let you come to my house, you can watch ONE movie with me and then you leave. Deal?” He stuck his hand out. I watched his lips and licked my own, wondering what he tasted like. I didn’t know if he was straight, gay, or fucking abstinent but I was going to have him. One way or another.

“Deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm not as good as the amazing sasha sixx but i try. sorry it's so short. lack of sleep :)