Selfish Machines

you hold my attention without even trying.

Amy was a really nice girl....to pass the time with. Because in all honesty, she was really nothing special. She had been working merch for A Day To Remember on the Gamechangers Tour and I was lonely and Gemma was in a different country and it was actually pretty easy to get into Amy's pants. She said she had a thing for "British accents and baby blues" and I had to fight off an eye roll. Her words were completely generic and overused but I was pretty determined to screw her before the end of the tour so I was pretty much willing to do anything to get into her pants. So instead of rolling my eyes I smirked widely and kissed her. She slept with me within the first two weeks of tour.

The only reason I made her my "girlfriend" was to ensure she would keep sleeping with me the rest of the tour. And the only reason she flew out to visit me was so I could break-up with her. I thought it would be easy. Of course it wasn't, though. Not because suddenly I had become attached to Amy or would miss her or anything of that sort, but because Gemma made everything difficult.

"What the fuck does she mean call me when she's asleep?" Amy spat, glancing over at me and conjuring up the worst glare she could muster.

"I, uh," I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck before a nervous laugh passed through my lips.

I watched from across the room as Gemma threw herself onto my brother's lap and looped her arm around his neck to steady herself. She was smiling and laughing as her tits nearly fell out of her top. She was accepting shots from anyone who would give her one. She was completely ignoring me while simultaneously in desperate need for my attention.

"Hello," Amy nudged me in the arm, bringing my attention back to her.

"She's drunk," I replied to her quickly. "She 'as no idea wha' she's even talkin' about."

"She kinda seems like...a slut," she eyed Gemma carefully, a hint of a grimace on her face. "I mean, I know she's your friend or whatever but she's totally sloppy and she's like, all over your brother. And doesn't he have a girlfriend? That's so trashy," she scoffed. I discreetly rolled my eyes and then nodded in agreement. There was no use in arguing with her now; I was going to at least try and enjoy what hadn't already been ruined.

By midnight Gemma had slowed her pace considerably, but was still already intoxicated due to her heavy use of alcohol earlier in the night. Amy was in the bathroom when she approached me, and I should have known it was all bad news right then and there. But was I was boy and I had hormones. And despite being a hot mess, I still found her insanely attractive. And I knew at the end of the day, she'd always be the girl I'd rather end up in bed with.

"Did you dump her yet?" Gemma smirked as she sloppily fell down on the couch next to me. A bit too close for comfort, perhaps. "Everyone says she's a total idiot," she sighed, placing her head on my shoulder. "And besides, my boobs look so good tonight and I know you want to touch them."

"Gemma, yer drunk," I stated. It was the only reasonable thing I thought I could say in the moment. I wasn't going to tell her yes in fear Amy would walk out of the bathroom and overhear me and I wasn't going to say no because I didn't want Gemma to explode at me. She titled her head up and looked at me, her big chocolate eyes wide and innocent. It made me feel downright horrible for bringing Amy around.

It was stupid of Amy to even be over here, honestly. But she insisted. Because I had seen her hometown while we were on the Gamechangers Tour, she insisted on seeing mine as soon as we got off tour. I tried talking her out of it several times, but she was so fucking persistent. I think she was just happy to call me her boyfriend, she liked the title of it all. So now here I was, stuck in between a girl I couldn't care less about and a girl who had been there from the start. Between the girl who didn't give up and the girl who never really even tried. Between a good lay and a really good lay.

"Just because I'm drunk doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about," she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Tom, why can't you just come home with me? Why is she even here?" She sighed.

"'s not as easy as you fhink," I informed her awkwardly as her hand began to inch towards my leg.

"Is it because I wouldn't have sex with you?" She pouted, her wide eyes even wider than usual. "Because I will Tom, I swear. I'll be that girl, I don't even care anymore. She's so lame and it's so lonely at the big old house without you there. I hate sleeping in the middle of the bed."

"You really are a slut, aren't you?"

Both of our eyes snapped up to where Amy stood in front of the couch, her hands on her hips and a scowl on her face. Something told me she wasn't the type to fuck with when it came to her "boyfriends".

"What are you even talking about?" Gemma asked, standing up, albeit a bit unsteadily. "You don't even know what you're talking about."

"I'm not deaf, okay? I just heard everything you just said," Amy spat.

My eyes darted between them and although it had always been a sort of dream of mine to have two girls fight over me, I just couldn't get into it. I wasn't in the mood, maybe. Or perhaps this fight was severely weighted to one side. My eyes then wandered over to Matt, who's ears seemed to had perked up at the sound of Amy and Gemma fighting. I sent him a bit of a pleading look and he laughed at me before making his way over.

"Problem, ladies?"

"Your friend here is a total slut who's trying to sleep with my boyfriend," Amy spat, glaring at Gemma who's attention seemed to be elsewhere. It almost made me laugh, because Amy was so livid and Gemma couldn't give a fuck less.

"Ugh, this bitch is boring me," Gemma yawned, and I mean actually yawned, right in Amy's face. The look on her face was fucking priceless and I knew it enraged her more than anything that Gemma wasn't getting back in her face. And it was all because Gemma knew I couldn't give a fuck less about Amy. Gemma knew she would win in a fight over Amy any day of the week simply because I cared about her a lot more than I cared about Amy. It made me smirk.

"Listen you fucking cunt," Amy seethed, taking a step forward and getting right in Gemma's face.

"Woah, woah, woah," Matt intervened, pushing his arm between them. "There's no need to fight, yeah? 's a peaceful place, 'ere ya know," he smiled lopsidedly. I think he might have been enjoying this almost as much as I was.

"Matty, there's no one in your room night? I'm just gonna crash here for the night. No sense in going home alone," Gemma rambled, her eyes catching mine before she turned around and began stumbling her way towards Matt's bedroom.

"She's fucking terrible," Amy hissed at me as soon as Gemma was out of sight. Matt smirked and sent me an all knowing look.

All of the guys thought it was a terrible idea for me to go after Amy from the beginning. They knew why I was doing it and that my intentions were fucked from the beginning. They told me that they were fully prepared to say "I told you so" when it was all said and done and they said Amy wasn't even hot enough to be worth all the bullshit that would ultimately happen. Obviously I had heeded their warnings. And obviously I regretted it now.

"Yeah okay," I rolled my eyes. I still hadn't moved from my place on the couch and Amy took over me and scoffed.

"I'm gonna go ta bed now..." Matt trailed off awkwardly.

"Oh so you're gonna sleep with her too?" Amy snapped. Matt's eyes went wide and he just sort of gave her an incredulous sort of look before turning around and leaving her question unanswered. "And you," she directed her attention back to me. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because yer bofh crazy an' I'm drunk an' don't realleh care all too much, honesty," I sighed. "Can we jus' go ta sleep now?"

She agreed but wouldn't stop bitching and moaning about Gemma until I finally met blackness. And instead of listening to what she was saying all I could think about was how Gemma would have never cared enough to complain this much. But then again, maybe that was the problem; she never cared enough.

"You're bringin' a girl ta Gemma's parteh?" Lee raised an eyebrow at me. "What's wrong wiff ya, mate?"

"Wha' do ya mean? 's not like we're dating, she's just some girl."

He laughed, "We bofh know she's not jus' some girl but whateva 'elps ya sleep at night, yeah Tom?"

I wasn't dating Gemma. She wasn't my girlfriend and I wasn't her boyfriend. So I could bring girls to her party if I wanted to. And I didn't expect her to not have a guy around. She was having a party because her grandparents were off in London for a long weekend away and she had the house to herself. I had sort of pressured her into it if I was being honest. My brother's band had just gotten home from their first American tour and her house was the perfect place for their welcome home party as far as I was concerned.

"So does this mean you won't be upset if I fuck 'er?" Matt asked me, a smug smile on his face as we drove to go pick Leah up, the girl I was taking to Gemma's party.

"Fuck off Nicholls," I spat at him. "She's a little young for you anyway, yeah?"

"She's nearly eighteen, aye?" He raised an eyebrow. I nodded, glaring at him. "She ain't all tha' young then."

"Maybe I'll 'ave a go too then," Oli piped up from the backseat.

"Can ya all jus' piss off then?!" I shouted.

They were all quiet until we got to her house. Once we arrived, the party was already in full swing as evident by the amount of people not only in the backyard, but also those visible through the windows. I was amazed by the amount of people there and I stood there gawking until Leah walked up behind me and looped her arm through mine.

"Let's go," she grinned up at me.

It was magnetic. As soon as I stepped foot into the living room, Gemma's eyes were on me. They weren't angry and they weren't upset, rather just blank. It looked like someone had sucked her soul out if I was being frank. She excused herself from the conversation she had been engaged in and began walking towards Leah and I.

"I'm surprised so many people showed up," I said when she was close enough. She gave a sort of half smile as her eyes briefly drifted towards Leah before quickly snapping them back to mine. It happened so quickly if I hadn't been paying attention I surely would have missed it.

"Well seems like your brother is pretty popular now," she smiled brightly. "So far I've had about five girls asking me where he is."

"Don't know why anyone would like tha' douche," I joked. She laughed lightly and then Leah cleared her throat, snaking her arm around my waist. "Oh Gemma, this is Leah."

"Hey," Gemma smiled. "It's nice to meet you."

"Yeah, same ta you," Leah nodded, eyeing Gemma carefully.

"Aye, Leah!" A tall blonde bird we went to school with yelled over to us. I recognized her as a friend of Leah's and let her slip under my arm as she went to go greet the girl.

"She's cute," Gemma said when she was gone.

"Ya don't 'ave ta bullshit me, Gem," I told her.

"What? She's cute, I'm not lying. Obviously you think so too if you brought her here."

"But it bofhers ya," I pointed out, searching her eyes for some indication I was right.

She gave none. "I can't control you Tom," she shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
finals
suck
my
dick.

i promise updates will come much easier when this week is over. if i don't just kill myself before then. SO MUCH STRESS.
lemme know what you think!
xoxo