Status: up soon.

Actors On A Stage

safe little house;

I walked through the door of my brownstone apartment, waiting for the hyper and brunette Zoey to come bounding from the living room, where she and Lisa, my other roommate, were probably watching Next Top Model, the only show I couldn't stand. Zoey never knocked me over with her hug. “HI!” She yelled over the sound of our flat screen blaring, the blonde Lisa squealing from the faded couch me and Zoey found on the interstate. But it was our favorite couch, the one we sat on most.

The two girls I shared my house with were some of the loudest and best party girls I've ever met. Zoey was shy at first, but once she got to know you, that brown haired beauty was loud and hyper. Lisa was friendly, but had to be careful since she was madly in love with her on again, off again boyfriend, Alex Gaskarth, who was the lead singer of a band called All Time Low. Me and Zoey had yet to meet him, but Lisa was down since he was on tour, making him her off boyfriend. Me and Zoey were each other's loves, since neither of us wanted boyfriends.

I pushed Zoey off me playfully, and dropped my Ray Ban sunglasses and leather bag on the kitchen island, grabbing a juice box from the fridge and taking a seat next to Lisa, who was practically crying in anticipation. Zoey rolled her eyes and sat beside me, leaning her knees against mine. “How was work, Aurora?” She asked, nudging me with her shoulder. I groaned.

I worked at the local music store, where I basically just restocked all day. It was awful, but it paid the bills, I didn't have to speak much, and I got to spend all day with music. Plus, it was only a couple hours rather than a boring desk job. I shrugged as an answer, turning my attention to the huge flat screen, a Christmas gift from Alex. I rolled my eyes as I watched the clock, counting down the minutes until the show was over, and I could force them to watch Dirty Jobs. I had a little crush on Mike Rowe.

Our apartment was the penthouse of our brownstone building, with a view overlooking our small town. I used to paint the view, before it got boring and Zoey sold all my paintings on the boardwalk in Baltimore for twenty bucks each. I smiled at the memory, before I was interrupted by Lisa throwing a ceramic bowl of ice cream into my chest, grinning as Zoey turned on Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe digging his hands into bone black. It was my turn to squeal, putting my skinny jean clad knees closer to my chest and my Converse digging into my butt as I watched intently, despite having seen this episode about a hundred times.

“So, Miss Ruocco, when are we going to meet the excellent Alexander?” I asked, raising my brows during a commercial break. Lisa frowned, her eyebrows burrowing as she thought it through. Lisa loved him: me and Zoey wanted to meet him. We were huge fans of All Time Low, and we wanted to meet the mastermind. Lisa grinned, pulling her iPhone out and checking her calender app.

“They come home in a few days, we could meet the band and crew for dinner, or something,” Lisa said, the smile she always had when she talked about Alex fresh on her lips. I smiled, nodding and turning back to my show, making both Zoey and Lisa shush until the next break. Zoey rolled her eyes.

“It's about time we met your boyfriend, missy,” Zoey interjected as Lisa texted him, squealing a little and squirming like a hormonal teenage girl. I smiled, turning back to watch the commercials. “You'd think she's high,” Zoey said frankly, looking at the still squealing Lisa, who said our hellos to the almighty Alexander Gaskarth, or otherwise known as God here.
♠ ♠ ♠
an introduction to my newest co-write! it's an All Time Low fanfiction, featuring mostly Alex Gaskarth and Matt Flyzik. if you like this, check out my other stories!

comment and subscribe, please and thank you (:

thanks for reading!