Status: up soon.

Actors On A Stage

safe in a room;

After conversing with Zoey about her dinner selections, the black haired boy next to me, his piercings adorable, located in his lip and ears, tapped me on the shoulder, holding his hand out. “I'm Matt,” He said shyly, a total turn on. I loved shy guys, probably because I was a shy girl. He was tall and lanky, with spiked black hair and kind brown eyes that bore into you. For a moment, all the loud noises of the band mingling stopped and all I could hear was Matt.

“I'm Aurora,” I said, a little breathlessly. I had already met, and got all the numbers, of all the rest of the band, and they made me promise I'd text them. I would; they were all attractive. But Matt? Matt was gorgeous. The way he would mess with his hair was adorable, and his quietly shy voice was really cute. He smiled, shaking my hand gently.

“You know, normally, I'd try a corny pick up line on a girl as pretty as you, but I have a feeling you're too good for something as terrible as that,” He said, taking a sip of his Coke and making me smile with that heart-melting grin of his, his eyes crinkling as he did so. I blushed scarlet, twirling an end of one of my curls with my chipped black fingernails, biting my lip in nervousness. I propped my chin up on my hands, and smiled at Matt.

“Tell me about yourself, Matt.” He smiled, and did so, and for those five minutes, I couldn't hear Zoey and Zack and Jack, or Lisa and Alex's making out, or anything. All I could hear was Matt, telling me about his job and how much he loved life. He told me about his piercings, and why he got them. He told me about what he liked, and what he didn't, and he told me what I wanted to hear. He was single, and ready to mingle.

“Tell me about you, Aurora,” Matt said, and I smiled, my fingers drawing in the water that remained on the table, trying to find the words to say.

“Let's see. My full name is Aurora Tuesday Lewis. I'm from California, originally, and my parents still live there. My favorite color is black. I'm five feet three inches tall. I have my nose and belly button pierced, and a small tattoo of an anchor on my hip, for my older brother, Alan. I work at a music store, with my ex-boyfriend. I like food. I don't like mean people. I've been single for six months. Yeah, that's about it,” I said, and Matt laughed, then frowned.

“You can tell me more about yourself than that,” He teased, and I stuck my tongue out. He grinned. “Here, how about this? Let's play twenty questions. I'll start.” I nodded, smiling as the waitress put my salad in front of me. “What's your favorite band?”

“Either Blink-182, The Rolling Stones or All Time Low,” I answered without thinking, and Matt smiled, approving. Matt and I went back and forth all night, until the rest of the band and crew bid their goodbyes, Lisa practically taking Alex's pants off as she went. Me and Matt moved towards the bar, where I stuck to my Coca-Cola. Zoey had long since headed home, grumbling about Lisa, who was apparently a liar. I was too busy getting lost in Matt's eyes. Suddenly, he perked up, smiling,

“Do you wanna go for a walk?” He asked brightly, and I smiled. I wanted to, despite it being December and it was snowing. I nodded, grabbing my black peacoat and Cookie Monster hat from the table and heading outside, Matt pulling his black hat over his spiked black hair and walking alongside me. He swore quietly, then grinned sheepishly. “I forgot- Vinny drove me.” I smiled, knocking my shoulder against his.

“Zoey and Lisa took my car, so I'll just walk,” I said with a shrug, and Matt smiled too. “You can stay at my place, if you want. It's only a mile or two from here,” I offered, and mentally cursed myself. Did I like Matt this much, already? My mind and heart told me yes, the one thing they could agree on. We were so alike, and different too. I thought if I took the chance, I could fall in love, for real this time. Matt's face lit up as he nodded, muttering his thanks. “No problem,” I said quietly, suddenly very aware of how close our arms were to each other's, and how our fingers brushed every few steps. The cold bit at our cheeks, but that didn't stop us from continuing our conversation from inside. As we approached the street, I gasped, realizing where we were. Matt looked at me with raised brows. “Mind if we make a detour?” I asked, and he shook his head. I took his hand, interlocking our fingers without realizing it, and dragged the lanky boy across the street to the park where me and Zoey had met.

“You met your best friend here?” Matt asked skeptically, as we took a seat on the bench, watching the snow fall. I nodded, biting my lip as I leaned my head against his shoulder, his arm wrapping around my shoulders. “You were how old when you moved out here?” Matt asked quietly, and I sighed, biting my lip. I didn't tell most people I barely knew that, but I knew I could trust Matt. My heart beat faster in his presence, and there was a constant blush on my cheeks.

“Seventeen, and barely out of high school,” I said quietly. Matt's brows rose, but I knew he wouldn't ask me to elaborate. He knew, already, that if I wanted to talk, I would talk. I sighed, deciding that I better tell someone. “I graduated high school at noon. I was on the two thirty flight to Baltimore while my parents ran out to the store to buy cake for my graduation party. They think … They think I died,” I said quietly, biting my lip and biting back tears. “I just … they hated me ever since Alan... ever since Alan...” Matt cut me off.

“You don't have to tell me,” He said quietly, pulling me closer to him and I buried my face in his North Face, taking deep breaths as I tried to calm back down. The memories of Alan scared me, and I didn't like it. I wanted to rub the anchor on my hip, but that would involve moving, and Matt was very comfortable. “May I be corny for a moment?” Matt asked quietly, looking down at me with his big brown eyes. I nodded, smiling. “I like having you in my arms,” He said with a blush, and I blushed too, before taking a leaf out of Lisa's book.

“I like being in them,” I said quietly, snuggling closer into Matt's warmth as the snow fell faster, getting caught in my curly blonde hair and on Matt's hat, turning his hat from black to white in a few moments. I adjusted myself so my feet were propped up on the bench seat, and Matt's fingers were tapping against my collar bone in a rhythm I recognized as “Vegas” by All Time Low. I chuckled. “Playing a song by your own band? Loser,” I teased, and smiled. I liked it here, with Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please :)

xoxo
katie (: