She Will Be Loved

.22

“Dakota.” I looked up from the paper Max, Jake, and I were working on. We had to transfer notes from one clef to another and draw it where it’s suppose to go on the staff. Mr. Conway, our music teacher, placed down the phone and nodded his head towards the door. “Early release.”

“Lucky,” Max muttered, drawing another oval on a line on the treble clef, showing the note was ‘g’. I smiled and stood, shoving the paper into my binder and then placing that in my Cheshire backpack. I tossed in my pen before zipping it up and pulling it over my shoulders.

“I have to go to the eye doctor so it’s not that great,” I remarked as I leaned down to give Max a hug goodbye.

“Well you don’t have to deal with the rest of school so you are lucky. I’m now thinking of just skipping History now,” Jake scoffed. I smiled and gave him a hug too.

“Oh just go you big baby. See you guys later.” I waved before walking to the front of the room. I grabbed the pink pass from his hand before bidding him goodbye. I shoved open the door and headed down to where I learned the office was located. Soon I walked through the door to see Matt anxiously sitting in one of the uncomfortable, blue chairs along the wall.

“Oh my God, let’s go,” Matt exclaimed as he jumped from his seat the second he saw me. “Goodbye Mrs. Torelli.”

“Goodbye Matt, Dakota.” I smiled at her before Matt wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me out of the office. Once we reached outside he calmed down, walking at a normal pace than the near run we were just in.

“What’s up with you?” I asked as we approached the Tahoe parked in the parking lot.

“I just hate this place,” Matt murmured. Just then Jimmy jumped out of the backseat of the SUV to take me into a tight hug.

“I missed you my Kotybear!” Jimmy shouted, hugging me tightly to his chest.

“I saw you this morning Jimmy.”

“But that was, like, forever ago!”

“More like five hours ago,” Zacky scoffed. Jimmy stuck out his tongue at Zacky. I took this momentary distraction to get out of his grasp. Jimmy looked back at his now empty arms with wide eyes.

“You made me lose her! You suck!” Jimmy shouted pointing a finger at Zacky. In reality I was still just standing behind him. I just shook my head and climbed into the front seat with Matt.

“Get in now or I will leave your ass here Jimmy!” Matt called. Jimmy quickly hopped in shoving Zacky in the middle of him and Brian. Johnny could be heard snoring from the trunk.

“Why did everyone have to come with to get me glasses?” I asked as I placed my backpack at my feet and buckled my seatbelt.

“Because our little girl’s growing up!” Jimmy sobbed dramatically. I turned to Brian and Zacky with a raised eyebrow.

“He had one of those Monsters with the twist off cap,” Brian explained. I sighed and turned back around in my seat. I slouched down with my arms crossed over my chest. I suddenly felt a poke in my side with the made sound effect of ‘boop’. I jumped and smacked the hand. I turned around and glared accusingly at Jimmy who was trying too hard to look innocent.

“Do I have to come back there?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Jimmy whined, forging innocence. I rolled my eyes and turned back around. Moments later I was poked in the side again. I whirled around to see Jimmy with wide eyes. “What?!”

“Stop poking me!” When I turned around I felt another poke. “Jimmy!”

“It wasn’t me!”

“Bullshit!”

“Matt! She said a bad word!”

“Bad words come out of your mouth every five seconds!”

“Bullshit.”

“Exactly!”

“Both of you just shut up!” Matt shouted. Jimmy and I’s eyes grew wide and we both fell silent. I sunk into my seat when I heard a sigh of relief come from more than just Matt. It was Brian and Zacky too. Johnny had managed to sleep through it all, his snores were the only thing heard from the silence of the vehicle. Suddenly I was poked again after a few minutes of silence.

“Are you fucking kidding me?!” I blurted, turning around to glare at Jimmy.

“Actually, that one was me,” Zacky spoke up with a smile. Just as I was about to say something Matt pulled the vehicle to a stop.

“We’re here,” he announced. I turned to see we were parked in front of an Eye Masters store. I climbed out of the front seat, watching Jimmy from the corner of my eye as he leaned into the trunk and his upper body disappeared behind the backseat.

Wake up Johnny!” He screamed. Johnny shot up, bashing his forehead onto the top of the SUV. Jimmy fell out of the car laughing his ass off and literally rolling around on the asphalt. Brian opened the trunk to allow the bassist to hop out.

“Fucking asshole,” he muttered as he trudged to the front door, rubbing his head. I shook my head before shutting my door and nudging Jimmy’s form with my foot.

“Come on. They’re going to leave us.” Jimmy stood, shut his door, and we skipped to the front door together where the rest of the guys were waiting. Zacky pulled open the glass door making a bell above the door ding. We all walked through, each thanking Zacky who held the door open for us.

“Welcome! How can I help you?” An overly happy woman asked. She seemed unfazed by the guys’ looks. She seemed about their age so, to be honest, she should be drooling over them and eye raping them. Thank-you decent people.

“Hi, I have an appointment today for my niece Dakota,” Matt explained, placing a hand on my shoulder. Her eyes trailed to me and she smiled wider, which was somehow possible.

“Oh, yes! Of course. Come right this way.” She led us to a door on the left half of the store. Through there was a waiting room with a few other doors on the end of the hall. She turned to us with her same smile. “I’m sorry but everyone will have to stay here aside from Dakota and her uncle.”

“Of course.” The other four sat down, Jimmy with an exaggerated sigh. “Please don’t cause trouble.”

“Yes Dad,” all four murmured mockingly. Matt just shook his head.

She led us to one of the doors where I had I have the two machine tests, one which sent a gust of air into my eye and another that shot a laser. After that she escorted us to a small, dim room where I had to sit on a chair off the ground while Matt sat in an uncomfortable looking black one. She left, promising the doctor would be here soon.

“I hope this guy doesn’t take forever,” I muttered, straightening out my top. Val had lent it to me for the day since I couldn’t decide what to wear. I wish she would have come to keep the guys in check, but of course she had to go to her job at the company she worked for as a designer for graphics. I was pleasantly surprised at the line of work she told me about as she dropped me off at school on her way there.

“Hopefully not. I’m shocked that lady that was behind the desk behind us when we walked in hasn’t come to tell me that our ‘friends’ had to escorted out,” Matt remarked.

“There was a desk?” I asked, confused. I hadn’t noticed anything besides the desk or two I could see in the main room.

“Yeah. There was a desk with a lady and a wall of files behind us when we walked into the doctor half of the store,” Matt replied. I tilted my head to the side in confusion and he laughed. “You are blind.”

“And you’re an asshole,” I shot back.

“I would do something, but you wouldn’t be able to see it,” Matt teased.

“Asshole,” I muttered again, crossing my arms over my chest. Soon a middle aged looking man stepped in the room with a white doctor coat on and clip board in hand.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Stiles. We’re just going perform a few tests and work from there.”

~*~*~


“No, get these!”

I scrunched my nose at the pair Johnny had picked up. “For what bloody reason would I want to chose those?”

“Why would you ever use the word ‘bloody’?” Johnny mocked, placing down the rejected pair of glasses. No one had let me pick up any pairs. I had been shoved into a chair as soon as I finished all my tests twenty minutes after arriving. I had to pick a frame so the doctors could make my glasses and I could pick them up tomorrow.

“I only use it when I’m annoyed. And right now, I’m annoyed,” I spat. The five men just smiled.

“You’re cute when you’re angry,” Jimmy cooed, pinching my cheeks and making my head turn left and right. I slapped his hands away and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Can I choose one now?”

“Nope.” I sighed and sunk into my seat as the guys continued to give horrible suggestions that I continued to reject. We were obviously going to get nowhere if they keep picking at random like this. I stared at the ceiling, hoping that one of them trips and falls into a coma.

“What about these?” I looked at Jimmy, if anything, to humor him. I rose an eyebrow at the frame in his hands. I stood and placed them on my nose. I stared at myself for a moment. Not bad. I shrugged, taking them off.

“We have a winner.” Jimmy ‘whoop’ed and punched a fist in the air. The other four frowned at my choice.

“But Jimmy only picked those because his reading glasses look like them!” Brian exclaimed. I shrugged again. I hadn’t even known Jimmy had reading glasses. The guys all groaned as I walked off to the counter where the cash register and the overly excited woman stood.

“Hello. I finally have a frame.” She grinned.

“Great! You guys just come by tomorrow and we’ll have your glasses ready to go.”

“Thank-you.” With that we all left the store and headed back to Matt’s SUV. As we climbed into the same seats we arrived in, Brian’s phone went off. He pulled it out, eye trailing over the small screen. He groaned causing everyone to turn around.

“Thor says we need to come in now. No ifs, ands, or buts.” Everyone but me groaned.

“Well, let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit and glasses.

Thank-you commentees: KellShadows, Neche, JocelynGates707, mistery gurl, mickeygaray, Violent Ecstasy, RavenNightmare1, angy_kaulitz, AlixInWonderland, and Hell's.Angel. Well here's the longly waited update. Sadly this week may take forever for updates again. Stupid state tests this week. Not looking forward to it in the least.

So, new layout again. I got bored with it. And now you can suffer on wondering what's going on with the quotes used in the banner. Yay, torture! You know the drill. :)