She Will Be Loved

.03

Nearly five and a half hours later we were landing in LAX, Los Angeles International Airport. I stared awestruck at the beautiful sunrise peaking over the city. I had never experienced anything this breathtaking. I had tried multiple times to see the sunrise in Boston, but I either crashed before the time or didn’t want to get out of bed. It was a mostly silent flight by the way. Almost everyone fell asleep. They must have had a long day doing whatever they did. I was only awake for the fact I took a nap before leaving home.

“Come on Kota.” I turned to see Zacky standing next to his seat. It was then I noticed everyone else was missing. I blushed, quickly unbuckling my seatbelt and grabbing my bag. I followed Zacky off the plane, a stewardess wishing us a good day as we left. I grabbed Zacky’s hand out fear as we began to walk through the large crowd. He looked back and just smiled slightly, leading us over to baggage claim. When we got there I saw Brian glaring at me again. I quickly let go of Zack’s hand and studied my boots. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing Zacky,” I replied quickly, smiling up at him before staring back at my shoes. He didn’t press the subject, but grabbed a big black suitcase from the oval holding other luggage.

“Any more I should look out for?”

“Yeah. Two guitar cases and a big purple duffel bag. The guitars are Brian and I’s and the duffel bag has our amps and shit. We’d get killed if we missed those,” Zacky replied, his eyes trained on the luggage. Suddenly Matt called his name. Zacky turned around with a questioning stare.

“Come help with the vehicles.” Zacky nodded, turning back to me.

“Do me a favor and look for those three bags? I already have my clothes and the guys can get their own shit.”

“Okay,” I agreed quietly, not too thrilled to be left without him. Zacky smiled and kissed my cheek.

“Thanks a million Kota.” With that Zacky ran off after Matt leaving me blushing deeply. I turned around, concentrating on the luggage instead of the people around me. Saying I was claustrophobic was probably the understatement of the century. Just then I spotted a black, hard, guitar case with a skull with bat wings on the side. I leaned forward, grabbing the instrument off the luggage carousel. I placed the strap over one shoulder since I saw another coming, the case dark purple this time.

“That’s mine,” I heard someone growl when I stood straight with the guitar case in hand. I turned only to have the case snatched out of my hands. Brian glared at me, walking off to the side of the area with his case, a backpack, and suitcase in tow.

“You’re welcome,” I muttered, turning back to the conveyor belt. It was then I noticed a purple duffel with a sticker similar to the one Zacky had on his case. I grabbed it and yanked, unable to move it. I began to mentally freak out as it took it with me for a foot or two. Suddenly a pretty muscular hand overlapped mine, helping me yank it off. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” I looked up to see the shortest one, Johnny, smiling at me as I placed the heavy bag on the ground. I was lucky my foot wasn’t in the way. I probably would have broken something. I took a hold of Zacky’s suitcase and began to drag both bags to where I saw Val and Jimmy sitting by Brian. “How about I grab the duffel bag?”

“Much obliged,” I laughed, brushing back some of my bangs from my forehead. Johnny easily picked up the bag with one hand causing my mouth to fall agape. “You guys are supermen, you know that?”

“Thanks doll,” Johnny chuckled. I picked up Zacky’s suitcases with both hands and followed the black haired man.

“So I’m curious Johnny, how old are you? You don’t seem like you’re as old as everyone else.”

“I’m only twenty. Everyone else is twenty-two or about to be.” I nodded my head.

“So how did you meet them all?”

“We went to school together back in high school. Then we got together and just been on the road ever since.”

“On the road?” I echoed. “What do you mean?”

“You mean you really don’t know?” Johnny asked, surprised. We pulled to a stop at the seats that the rest of the group was about two seats away. I shook my head in reply. “You’ve never heard of Avenged Sevenfold?”

“Not that I can recall,” I confessed, setting Zacky’s suitcase on the floor.

“Damn. You are behind kid,” Johnny chuckled. I just raised an eyebrow in a ‘what?’ fashion. “Well Avenged Sevenfold is a band, our band to be specific.”

“No way!” I exclaimed, excitement coursing through my body. I was with rock stars? That’s so fucking cool! I felt like a fan girl and I didn’t even know their band. Now Matt and Brian’s comments about being a ‘groupie’ made sense. Still pisses me off though.

“Yup. That skull with wings that’s everywhere on our stuff is called a deathbat,” Johnny informed me. I looked at the sticker on the case still over my shoulder with new eyes. It looked fucking amazing. Makes me wonder what kind of music they make. No doubt rock.

“So what does everyone do in the band?” I asked curiously.

“Well Matt is the lead vocals. I’m bass. Jimmy is our drummer. Zacky is rhythm guitarist and Brian is lead guitarist. Both of them are backup vocals. Val, however, is just our tour manager and the 'road mother'.”

“And why does Brian call Zacky ‘Vengeance’ and Zacky call Jimmy ‘Rev’?”

“Oh, those are all our stage names. Matt is M.Shadows, Jimmy is The Rev, Zacky is Zacky Vengeance, Brian is Synyster Gates, and I’m Johnny Christ.” I nodded at all this new information. Just then Zacky walked in with a smile planted on his face.

“Get got the rides.” With that our whole group headed outside with our bags. I carried Zacky’s guitar since he had grabbed his suitcase and the duffel bag. As soon as we stepped into the California heat I felt like I was going to pass out from heat stroke. I quickly followed the group over to two awaiting BMW's. In the first one was Matt shortly followed by Val, Brian, and Johnny. In the other Jimmy drove with Zacky in front and me in the back with his guitar.

“Go ahead and head home,” Matt called to Jimmy. He nodded and followed the black truck that Matt was driving. I sighed in relief as they rolled up the windows and turned the air conditioning on full blast.

“Where are we headed?” I asked.

“Our place in Huntington Beach,” Jimmy replied.

“How far is that?”

“About a half an hour drive,” Zacky replied as he went through the channels on the radio to find one he liked. Jimmy smacked his hand away from the knob when a rock song with a strong bass was on.

“Leave it there or you lose the hand Baker,” Jimmy warned. Zacky sighed, leaning back in his seat. I began to click my labret against my teeth in a failed attempt to calm myself. My stomach was twisting and turning in the way that your gut does when you know you’re doing something foolish.

“What’s on your mind kid?” I looked over from where I had been studying the passing scenery. Zacky was looking at me with soft, jade eyes. They almost made me feel like I had made the right choice, almost.

“I’m just starting to second guess me coming to California. I’ve only have some cash to live off of and I’m just being a nuisance to you guys. I mean, I really appreciate what you all have done for me, but I shouldn’t be here. I just, ugh, I can’t explain it very well.” I was clicking my labret faster than usual by the end of my shitty explanation.

“Dakota.” I looked up to catch Jimmy’s serious eyes in the rear view mirror. He had turned down the radio which left the sound of wind rushing by on the outside of the vehicle. As he talked his eyes flickered between the mirror and the road. “You are in no way a nuisance to us. Just by the way you’re acting I know you deserve better than what you’ve been given in the past. We’re here to make that happen.”

“Thank-you,” I whispered, wiping the tears I could feel brimming my eyes.

“And Koty?”

“Yeah Zack?”

“You are living with us whether you like it or not.”

I’m doing what now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank-you for commenting: blackandredbrittany, AlixInWonderland, and KellShadows. You guys are awesome(: I'd like a lot more comments if you don't mind. There is 29 of you currently. It'd be pimp if you commented<3