What Doesn't Kill You Simply Makes You Stranger.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

"Ja..Jack wha..what did you do to yourself ?" ....
But Jack couldn't say a word, becuase of the new wounds that he had inflcited on himself. It was terrible, he had cut each side of his mouth forming a glasgow smile. The sight was grusome but I had to stay strong for Jack. I jumped up to goto the phone and call for help becuase I knew neither Jack nor I could stop the bleeding. I heard Jack mumble, as I looked at him he just shook his head. I knew he didn't want me to call for help but I had to and he knew that too. he hung his head defeatedly as i started to dial 911.

After the paramedics had come and taken Jack away a police officer approached me.
"Hello Miss...."
"Evan Tamer...My Name is Evan Tamer"
"Well Miss. Tamer, My name is James Gordon and I would just like to ask you a few questions about your friend,Jack."
"Well what do you want to know Officer? I mean with all due respect isn't a little obvious what happen? He cut his mouth giving himself a permenant smile. No, I have no idea why i just found him like that. I'm sorry I'm a little mind boggled at the situation my self. Where are they taking him?"
"No no ma'm I understand. First, they are bring him to Gotham General and well then unfortunatly they are going to take him over to Arkham to analysize him."

And with that i nodded to the police officer and walked back towards my house. The rest of the day became a huge blur to me. It wasn't till a few days later until I actually had the nerve to find anything out about Jack. I was so scared to actually find out about Jack.

I had called Jack's parents to find out the details and they told me i could visit him the next day. Little did I know that day would be one of the hardest days of my life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was nervous as my mother drove me through the gates of Arkham so I could finally see Jack. I walked in and spoke to the lady at the front desk. She led me to a room where I would meet with Jack and actually have about 15 minutes to talk to him. When i entered the room i saw the back of Jack sitting in a metal chair. I walked to the chair that sat adjecent to him and took a seat.

"Hi Ja..Jack..Oh my goodness.."
"Oh Ev sh sh sh sh. Its ah not that bad.." Jack mumbled as he licked his lips
"Jack why.. Why would you do this to yourself.. I just..I just don't understand if something was wrong why wouldn't you tell me! I thought we told each other everything!" At that point i just cried and Jack reach over and consoled me that day. But his touch it was different it wasn't the touch of the Jack i use to know.. I just cried into his shoulder until the time was over..

"Well my dear Evan I guess that is a ah story for a different day..." Jack giggled. I knew something was off about him but i figured it was just the traumatic eexperience he had gone through previous days before. I hugged Jack one more final time before I left.

For weeks every saturday I went and visited Jack but each time i did he never wanted to talk about why he did what he did. We just talked like we normally did, casual conversation. We laughed, I cried and he consoled me. It wasn't until a couple months had gone by that the day that changed my life forever approached.

It seemed like any normal saturday, well as normal as you could get for a 16 year old who spent her saturdays at Arkham Asylum to spend a short time with her best friend. But i soon found out that day would be the farthest from a normal saturday.

I was escorted to the visiting room by the nice nurse who always escorted me. But before she left she turned to me :
" Sweetie he will be down soon, his been putting up some sort of fit today so just take a seat and he should be soon" I thought it was odd for Jack to but up a fit because he was always excited to see me on Saturdays..

When Jack entered the room he was not my best friend, not Jack, no. His eyes were so dark, there was no life to them. I looked up to him and he didn't even smile. He just looked at me and licked his lips.

"Jack, Hi, How have you been."
"Leave" he said it so blunt with such hate in his voice.
"But Jack why.. what's wrong .. Jack talk to me" I pleaded to him. The next thing he did was the least i expected.. He laughed.. Not his normal laugh though no.. It was a cackle, such a sinister laugh.
"Leave Evan, I don't want to see you. Don't ever come back here. "
"Jack you're acting crazy! " i cried
"No. no Evan i am not.. i am not crazy! They've all been telling me that and I... I am not that.. not one ah bit.." He yelled at me , in all the years I've known Jack there were only a few times Jack had actually yelled at me but I had deserved them.
"Leave Evan. Dont come back. Go. Get . Out. Of . Here"
With that i had gotten up and started to walk out of the door, i took one last look at my once best friend.
"Jack, I love you. I love you more than anything. Plea.."
"GO!"
And that was the last time I saw Jack Napier..
I tried to go back every week for a month but they told me everytime that Jack requested no vistors and eventually he wasn't aloud any becuase he had gotten too aggressive with people who tried to touch him. So eventually i stop trying. I gave up. I didn't move on, I kept Jack with me where ever I went, i kept his picture in my golden Lockect he had given me the previous year for my birthday. But the weeks of not seeing Jack turned into months and the months they turned into years.

I left Gotham as soon as i graduated High School. I moved to New York City to attend NYU. I only returned once, and that was for Jack's parent's memorial. Their house had burned down and no remains were found. That day I found out that Jack had gone missing a few month's before the death of his parents. I never returned after that day.But today that changes, I am moving back to Gotham after four years. My parents thought it would be best to live home after graduating college so they could help me get my feet on the ground.

When I arrived back in Gotham everything flooded back to me. All the good memories I had here. But those memories reminded me of one person, the one person that caused the worst memory I ever had in my life. Its been five years since that memory was a reality. It's been five long years since I've seen Jack Napier.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not too sure about this... But i dont know. reviews? anything! Help! I just want constructive criticism maybe a little encouragement! Don't worry i will get into more of the joker!