Status: Feeling bad about this. I don't know what to write here anymore so if you would like to take over please let me know. I don't want to delete the story.

I Know You Want Me

Part 3: Hope

Mom said that there was going to be a surprise waiting for me when I got home from the guys today. I really hoped it wasn’t her new boyfriend. Not that I didn’t like Robert Hayes but I really wasn’t up to anymore visits from him. He tried way too hard.

Laughing at Jimmy’s joke about how harsh life was for marine animals because they couldn’t really experience the miracle that was sex, I turned onto my path way to the house and stared up at the white panels and blue shutters.

“Are you guys coming in?” looking back at my four best friends, I laughed as Jimmy panted and thumped his foot on the side walk. “Oh who’s a good boy; Jimmy is” scratching behind Jimmy’s ears as the guys practically pissed themselves laughing; I grabbed my puppies shirt and pulled him up the walk. “Mom I’m home and I brought a puppy.”

“Hope let Jimmy go,” laughing at how she automatically knew it was Jimmy. I did what she asked and kicked my shoes off.

“So where’s my surprise?” I figured mom was in the kitchen and started that way until I stopped short by the living room. “Oh my god, Faith?”

Standing with her back to me, I could practically hear the sigh as it slithered out of her mouth. She was staring up at the last family photo we had all taken together before the divorce and I noticed the small things before she turned. Her hair was slightly darker, but then again so was mine.

It was when she turned and looked at me, her arms wrapped around her waist that I really saw her; she wasn’t smiling and the look in her eyes said she wasn’t sure what to feel but it was my sister, my identical twin sister.

“It really is you,” moving around the couch I stopped directly in front of her and reached out a hand to touch her arm. She was wearing an incredibly baggy hoodie and I couldn’t understand how she could wear something so hot, until I remembered she had lived in England. “Are you visiting?” I really wanted to wrap my arms around my sister, but I wasn’t sure if that was a good idea.

I could feel the guy’s eyes watching us, I don’t think they knew what to think. Brian, Jimmy and Zacky hadn’t ever met Faith, but Matt had grown up in diapers with us.

“Actually honey, Faith is staying.” Looking at mom as she leaned against the wall watching us, I ignored the tears in her eyes as she continued, “Your father has decided that since his new family is going to be having a new member join it soon that Faith might be more comfortable – “ stopping when Faith snorted all eyes looked at her.

“Oh yeah it was definitely my comfort he was thinking about. Be honest here mom, dad decided I was expandable and not welcome in his family anymore,” turning away she glared up at the picture over the fireplace; a fireplace that never got used.

“Faith that’s not true,”

Deciding my sister needed defending, I held up my hands to mom and stepped closer to Faith, “No mom, she’s probably right. Dad was always conceited and he never really thought about anyone but himself,”

“Think what you want but I had a talk with your step mother Catherine and know what happened before the decision was actually made. Now I have to go pick up Ellie from camp, I will be home by eight. Order some pizza or something,” nodding at the guy’s mom quickly left.

Looking from the guys to my sister, I smiled. My family was certainly complete now,
“Welcome home Faith,”