You Will Always Own My Heart

Chapter Sixteen.

"Kylie, relax. You look great." Brendon tells me as I slow down the pace as we walk next door to his house. He squeezes my hand, hoping to calm me down.

We get to his front door and he turns me so that I'm facing him.

"They're gonna love you," he tells me. I nod and he kisses my forehead and takes my hand in his again. I hope he hasn't noticed that my hands are a sweaty mess. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course he notices.

He opens the door and right away the smell of garlic and other spices fill my nostrils. It smells delicious. I've already been inside Brendon's house, but only when his parents weren't home, so this time, I don't know what to expect.

Brendon shuts the door and calls out for his parents, who arrive in the room seconds later.

Mr. Urie is smiling, but Mrs. Urie looks like she's faking a smile. Mr. Urie walks up to me and shakes my hand.

"Hello Kylie. I'm Brendon's dad, but you can call me Rick," Mr. Ur- I mean Rick says with a smile.

I nod and smile back, feeling a little relieved that his dad is friendly.

"It's nice to finally meet you both," I say after shaking Mrs. Urie's hand.

"Well, let's eat," Rick says, clasping his big hands together.

Brendon and I follow his parents into the dining room, where all the food is at.

"I hope you like lasagna Kylie," Mrs. Urie says as I sit down next to Brendon.

I nod. "I love it."

She nods and Rick starts asking me questions, like what I plan to do after I graduate, where I'm from and if I like Las Vegas.

"So what are your parents like?" Mrs. Urie asks suddenly.

Brendon shakes his head and gives his mom a look but I just squeeze his hand to let him know I'm okay.

"Well my mom and I have been on our own for a while. My dad died when I was 10. He was a great man and father. My mom means the world to me and I love her very much." I tell her.

Mrs. Urie looks at me and a look of understanding flashes through her brown eyes.

"Oh. I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "It's okay."

"I lost my father when I was about your age. It was tough but I got through it. I'm glad to see that you're doing good as well," she says. I nod and for the rest of the meal, Mrs. Urie seemed to lighten up a little bit and even joined in the conversations between the rest of us.

"You're welcome here anytime Kylie," Julie, aka, Mrs. Urie, tells me with a smile.

I smile back and thank her. Brendon and I then walk back to my house.

"They loved you," He says as we stand at my doorstep.

"Really?" I ask.

He nods and pulls me into a hug. "Yep. I knew they would anyways."

I laugh and sigh into his chest.

"You okay?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah. I'm just thinking about my dad."

He kisses the top of my head and pulls away to look me in the eyes.

"I wish you could've met him," I tell him.

He nods. "I do too. I'm sure he was a great man."

I smile. "He really was."

Brendon and I then say goodnight after we kiss.

I'm so glad tonight is over. But at the same time, I wish it wasn't...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorrry for the long wait. I hope you like the story. Let me know if you do, and even if you don't. Oh and I know that those aren't the name of Brendon's parents, but oh well. I didn't know their real names anways haha. Byye:)