You Will Always Own My Heart

Chapter Seventeen.

"Bailey, the guys are gonna be here any minute now, so hurry your ass up," I call from my bedroom.

Bailey groans and comes out of my bathroom practically bouncing up and down with excitement. I laugh at her and she just rolls her eyes.

The door bell rings shortly afterwards and Bailey and I look at each other and smile.

"Well, you ready?" I ask.

She nods and we walk out of my bedroom and head downstairs where mom's already let Brendon and Ryan in. Brendon looks up and smiles widely when he sees me. We lock eyes and I suddenly become scared that I might fall down. It's not like this dress is long or anything, but still.

Bailey walks up to Ryan and I walk up to Brendon, takes me in his arms.

"You look beautiful, Kylie," he whispers in my ear, causing me to shiver lightly.

"Oh girls, you look amazing," mom squeals, pulling out her camera.

"Awhh mom!" I protest as she starts to snap away.

Brendon just chuckles and pulls me closer to him. I sigh and smile at the camera. Brendon and I start making funny faces which causes me to laugh and mom to frown.

"C'mon guys. Be serious. Show some love." mom orders.

I look at Brendon and am surprised when I suddenly feel his soft lips on mine. I kiss him back and I hear my mom snap some more pictures. Brendon and I pull away and then after a few more pics, we finally manage to leave my house and get into the car.

Bailey and Ryan are taking his car, and Brendon and I are taking his.

"Have you ever been to a school dance before?" I ask as we head down the road.

He shakes his head. "Nope. Have you?"

"Never. Me and my mom were always moving and I never had time to really settle down before."

He looks at me and smiles. "I'm glad you moved here Kylie."

I smile back. "I am too Brendon. I really am."

We arrive at the dance a few minutes later and walk arm and arm to the front of the school. We hand the teacher at the table our tickets and head towards the gym, where the dance is being held. When we walk in, the song "Like a G6" is playing and people are already grinding on each other.

I can't help but laugh as my fellow peers practically do each other with their clothes still on.

Brendon looks at me and we both roll our eyes. He starts to lead me to one of the tables set up so that we can sit down while the song plays, but I decide that I want to dance anyways.

I grab his hand and he raises his eyebrows. I just grin and we push our way into the crowd. The song ends shortly after and a slow song starts. Wow, great timing.

And that song just so happens to be "I don't wanna miss a thing," by Aerosmith.

Brendon places his hands on my hips and I wrap my arms around his neck. As I stare into his chocolate colored eyes, I try not to faint as he starts singing the words to me.

"I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
Lying close to you
Feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kissWell, I just wanna be with you

Right here with you, just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time
Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
'Cause I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep, yeah
I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss a thing"
I smile brightly as the song ends and we kiss. He pulls away and smirks.

"You wanna go somewhere else?" He asks.

I laugh. "We just got here," I say.

He shrugs.

I smile and nod. He grabs my hand and we leave the school and walk out to his car.

"Where do you wanna go?" he asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. You pick."
♠ ♠ ♠
heeyyyyy sorry for the late update. But anyways, I know this chapter was short and was sorta eventless, but it wouldn't turn out write if i kept writing. so i'll just save it for chapter 18. thanks for reading guys!!! :)