You Will Always Own My Heart

Chapter Three.

So it turns out that Brendon and Ryan aren't the most well liked people at the school. And that upsets me for some reason. I mean they're both good looking and funny and sweet. But the girls still stick there noses up at them and the guys still look down at them.

And unfortunately my plans to hang out with Brendon were cancelled when mom called, telling me I needed to come straight home after school.

"I'm sorry." I tell Brendon.

He smiles and shrugs. "It's alright. Can I walk you home?"

I nod and we walk in silence for a few minutes.

"So you're in a band? I ask suddenly. I've been meaning to ask him that but I kept on forgetting.

"Yeah," he says, suddenly becoming less cheerful.

"You don't sound that happy about it," I comment.

He shrugs. "It's not that. It's just that lately, we haven't been getting anywhere. But we're not that good anyways so it doesn't matter."

"That's not true. You guys could become really famous overnight."

He stares out into space for a minute while we walk but then his smile is back.

"Do you like karaoke?" he asks.

I shake my head and laugh. "Hell no. I'm not good in front of crowds."

Brendon laughs and pouts. "Oh well. We're home."

I look up and sure enough we are.

"I'll see you later Kylie."

"Bye Brendon."

When I walk inside my front door, mom's already there. She has a huge smile plastered on her face and she's practically bouncing up and down with excitement.

I laugh at her giddiness.

"Um hi."

"I have a date." she says excitedly.

I look at her and frown. This seems to happen a lot. You see, the reason we move so much is because of this very reason. Mom meets a guy. Guy makes her happy then breaks her heart and then we move. I seriously thought that after break up with the man whore Harry, she would have come to her senses by now. But then again, I was pretty stupid to think that this time would be any different.

"Mom," I whine.

She follows me up the stairs.

"I know. I know. But this one's different Kylie. He's such a gentleman." she says.

I throw myself on my bed and she stands by my door.

"Why can't you just be happy for me?" she asks.

I sit up and frown. "I am happy mom. But only until he breaks your heart."

This time she frowns. "He won't Kylie."

"And how do you know? What makes this guy so different?"

She stands there in silence for a minute before saying, "I don't. I just know he's different."

She closes my door silently leaving me alone with my thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
yep yep. :)