You Will Always Own My Heart

Chapter Nine.

"Kylie, wake up," a voice says as I start to wake up.

I groan and make a muffled noise that sounds like I'm just mumbling. I feel something hit me in the stomach. My eyes fly open and I glare at Bailey's smiling face. She's holding a pillow in her hand.

"Good morning sleepy head," she says cheerfully.

"Ugh. Why'd you wake me up?"

She laughs. "Cause it's already like 1:00."

I groan. "Great."

"Brendon tried calling but you were passed out. You were snoring pretty loudly too."

I gasp. "I do not snore. I just breath loudly."

Bailey rolls her eyes. "Yeah yeah. Just get up. Okay?"

I sigh and get up from the floor. I stretch and yawn. Man, I must've been extremely tired to sleep past noon. I wonder how long Bailey's been up. Hopefully not very long cause then I would feel bad.

We walk downstairs and into the kitchen where my mom is making grilled cheese. Yum.

"Morning mom," I say.

"Morning Kylie. Morning Bailey. I hope you like grilled cheese," mom says.

Bailey smiles. "I love grilled cheese"

Mom chuckles. "It's Kylie's favorite. I'm pretty sure that's all she would eat if I let her."

"I really would," I tell Bailey, who just laughs.

Mom sets the grilled cheese on two plates, one for me and one for Bailey.

"Thanks Mrs. Rivers," Bailey tells her.

"You're welcome. And call me Beth from now."

Bailey nods and we dig into our grilled cheese. After we're done, we put our dishes in the sink.

"Well, I'm going out. So I'll see you girls later." Mom informs us.

"Bye." I say as she walks out the door.

"Your mom's really cool," Bailey tells me.

I shrug. "Yeah. She is I guess."

We walk back upstairs and change into the clothes we're gonna wear for the day. I put on a little bit of makeup. Eyeliner is about all I wear these days. I decide to leave my hair the way it is, which is slightly wavy.

I'm walking out of the bathroom and into my room to find that Bailey's on her phone.

"Ryan," she mouths when she sees me.

I smile and nod.

"I'd love to," She says into the phone.

"Okay. I'll see you soon. Bye."

She hangs up the phone and squeals.

"He just asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with him!"

I raise my eyebrows at her. "Didn't you just eat lunch?"

She frowns. "Awh crap. Oh well. I'll just eat again."

I laugh at my friend and shake my head.

"He's gonna be here in like 15 minutes."

I nod. "Okie dokie."

We stay in my room and talk for a little while until the door bell rings, causing Bailey to squeal and me to laugh. We walk downstairs and open the door. But it's not Ryan. It's Brendon.

Bailey frowns but I smile.

"Awh man." she whines.

Brendon raises his eyebrows. "Nice to see you too, Bailey."

She shakes her head. "Sorry, I thought you were Ryan."

Brendon laughs. "But I'm sexier than Ryan so you should be happy."

Bailey laughs. "Ha. That's funny," she says sarcastically.

"Oh! there he is," Bailey says as Ryan's car pulls into my driveway.

"Bye Kylie. Bye Brendon," she says as she walks out to Ryan's car. He gets out and opens her door for her. Awh. What a gentleman.

"Awh. Look at those love birds." Brendon jokes.

I sigh. "So you wanna come inside?"

He looks at me and wiggles his eyebrows, "As long as you don't drool over my sexy body."

I roll my eyes. "Har har."

He laughs and walks into my house. I take his hand in mine and he seems surprised at first but then smiles. I lead him up to my room after that.

"Don't get any ideas, mister," I warn as we walk into my room.

He raises his hands up in the air as if to surrender, "I would never."

He looks around my room. He walks over to my wall where a poster of Fall Out Boy is hanging. He smirks.

"Fall Out Boy, huh?"

I nod. "Hells yeah."

He laughs. "They're good."

"I know."

"So I just came over to tell you that I will be picking you up at 7:00 for our date."

I smile. "Okay."

He nods and clears his throat. "Well, I gotta go to Spencer's house now to get a few things. So yeah. I'll see you tonight."

"Can't wait."

He grins and then walks out of my room. A few seconds later, I hear the front door shut. I sigh and flop down on my bed. I really can't wait for tonight. I look at my alarm clock to see what time it is. It's only 2:30. Ugh. That's too far away. What should I do to kill the time?

I decide to go downstairs and watch a movie. That'll kill about 2 hours. I look at our movie selection and decide on Sixteen Candles. Yeah, I know. I'm a sucker for 80's movies. Especially one's with good looking guys.

About 2 hours later, I'm watching the credits scroll over the tv screen. I stretch my arms and get off the couch to turn the movie off. All while thinking how awesome it would to have someone like Jake Ryan. I think about Brendon and start to wander if we'll ever end up together. The thought makes me smile.

I go back upstairs at around 5 after that and decide to get ready. As I look through my closet, I start to panic about what I should wear. I mean Brendon never mentioned if where we going was fancy or not. I don't think it would be since this is our first date. But who knows?

I hear the front door open and close while I'm throwing clothes around my room.

"Kylie!" Mom calls from downstairs. "Sweetie, I'm home."

"Okay. Oh, I have a date with Brendon tonight," I shout from my room.

Mom's quiet for a second but then she shouts, "Oh. Brendon! Well you guys have fun."

I groan at the fact that it's already 6 and I still don't know what to wear. I don't know what's wrong with me. I mean, I have a ton of nice clothes, so it's not like I'm missing out on that. It's just that I really want to look nice for Brendon. God, that boy is getting to me.

I look through my closet one more time and finally decide on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a white button up blouse, my black bomber jacket and a pair of black flats. I put on a small amount of mascara and eyeliner and straighten my hair a little bit. By 6:52, I'm finally ready.

"Calm down Kylie," Mom laughs.

"I can't help it," I tell her.

She chuckles and shakes her head. "You really like this boy, don't you?"

I look at her and frown, "What do you think?"

She gives me a look that says calm-down-and-remember-i'm-your-mother.

I sigh and apologize. And then I jump when the doorbell rings.

"He's 2 minutes early," I whine.

Mom raises her eyebrows. "Impressive."

I roll my eyes and hug her good bye before walking to the door and opening it. Well here it goes...