Status: Workin' on gettin' the 13th chapter out there.

Changed Directions

Let's Have A Chat

"So, when did you get into town and how the heck did this," Kurt gestured between Blain and Jesse, "happen?"

Jesse slung an arm around Blaine's shoulders, pulling the man closer into his side with a smile. "We met when his group joined the RENT tour to basically be an opening act and entertainment during the intermission." Rachel and Kurt both raised an eyebrow, eliciting a chuckle from the odd couple. "The touring manager decided he had to find a way to increase sales. Having Blaine's group perform attracts their fans to the show."

"Wow. Sneaky bastard." Rachel said with a muffled snort.

"Yeah," Blaine said, "and the director is now considering also taking us on as possible understudies for the show itself."

A round of congratulations echoed through the group.

"How long are you in town for?" Rachel asked.

"We leave tomorrow to head out to Wisconsin and continue the tour. This was our leave day, so we decided to make a stop at home." Jesse replied.

"Well, I'm glad you took the time to stop by my humble establishment."

Jesse scoffed. "Humble my ass. This place was jam packed. Only name dropping actually got us in."

"I wish we could stay an extra day so we could stop by again tomorrow."

Quinn felt Rachel stiffen slightly against the arm the blonde had wrapped around her waist.

"Unfortunately, even if you could, the club is closed tomorrow." Rachel was given quizzical looks by the Unholy Trinity and visiting couple. Kurt and Puck simply nodded understandingly. "I have some personal matters to attend to." She replied to the silent question. Quinn frowned slightly at the cryptic answer.

"Well, as wonderful as seeing you all has been;" Jesse stood, "my boyfriend and I have a flight to catch in about eight hours. So we had better head out."

Hugs and goodbyes were exchanged before the two men left, followed by Puck and Kurt, who each gave Rachel a tight hug before leaving, and Santana and Brittany.

Quinn wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's neck, tugging the woman into a chaste kiss. Reluctantly pulling away, she rested her forehead against Rachel's. "Call me, if you get the chance tomorrow."

Rachel tensed slightly again. "I'll try to, Q." She grabbed the photographer into a tight hug before releasing her.

Quinn gave Rachel's hand a squeeze before turning to follow her roommates. She glanced back at Rachel one last time as she reached the door, concerned by the brunette's closed-off behavior. The club owner was leaning against the bar, head tipped back, eyes closed and shoulders slumped. She looked exhausted. Quinn nearly rushed over to pull the woman into her arms again, but decided to give her some space. Walking out the door, she resolved to check on the brunette during her break tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. I know.