Status: Workin' on gettin' the 13th chapter out there.

Changed Directions

Who The Hell Was That?

"Jesus, Q, just take the rest of the damn day off and go check on your girl." Santana growled out, snapping Quinn from her thoughts.

"But, I have work to get done." The woman whined.

The Latina snorted. "Yes, 'cause pacing around like a caged tiger all day is totally getting work done." She grabbed the blonde and proceeded to drag her towards the elevator. "O checked with Jess, you have no photo shoots today. Now," she tossed Quinn into the elevator and pressed the ground floor button, "go see Berry."

Quinn slumped back against the wall once the elevator doors closed.

She's right you know.

The blonde groaned. Can't you ever just leave me alone?

I'm your conscience, darling.

Well you're a smartass too.

Pot calling the kettle black.


The ding of the elevator stopped Quinn from retorting. Stepping outside, she hailed a cab.

"Where to, doll?" The cabbie leered at her, his lips turning up into a sleazy smirk.

"Changed Directions nightclub; and keep looking me over like that and, once we get there, I won't stop my girlfriend from beating that slimy smirk off your face."

The man swallowed loudly, before nodding and pulling away from the curb.

As they neared the club, Quinn rummaged through her purse for money.

"Uh, lady," the cabbie muttered, "is your girl expecting you?"

The woman raised an eyebrow. "Not that it's any of your business, but no she isn't. Why?"

"Well, if one of those two girlies is your girl, it may not be me you wanna have beaten."

Quinn's eyes widened. Whipping her head to the side, she peered out the window. On the sidewalk outside 'Changed Directions' she saw Rachel wrapped up in the arms of a woman she didn't recognize. Both women looked slightly disheveled; sweat pands and shirts slightly rumpled and hair tousled. Quinn watched Rachel place a lingering kiss on the stranger's cheek, before she helped her into a waiting taxi.

Quinn's knuckles whitened as she gripped her purse tightly.

"Here, lady, take this drive on the house, with my sympathies." Quinn's lips upturned in a miserable attempt at a thankful smile. Stepping out of the cab, she stalked towards Rachel.

Now then, don't do anything rash.

Shut up.


For once, her conscience seemed to obey her command.

As she got closer to the brunette, her mouth opened. "Rachel, what and who the hell was that?"

Rachel whirled around, surprised by the sudden appearance of her girlfriend. "Quinn,-" she began, but was cut off by the angry blonde.

"Seriously, what the fuck? I take the rest of the day off 'cause I wanted to check on you after what happened at the end of last night; and when I get here I see you wrapped in the arms of some woman, looking like you both had just gotten out of bed!"

"What? Q-"

"Are you cheating on me? Was telling me you loved me just a lie and this day off just an excuse to see your side woman? Is that i? Am I just on of ma-"

"She was Alexis' fiancée!" Rachel shouted out.

Quinn froze. "What?"

Rachel closed her eyes with a sigh. "Her name is Sarah. She and Alexis were engaged before Alex d-died. She came to celebrate Alex's birthday with me today and we're going to visit her grave tomorrow in honor of her death day." A tear rolled down her cheek. "We look disheveled because we've spent the last two hours reminiscing and crying."

Quinn's mouth opened and closed, guilt flooding her for the accusation she had thrown at the, already hurting, woman in front of her. Stepping forward, she pulled Rachel into a tight embrace. "I'm so sorry, Rach." She whispered repeatedly into her girlfriend's ear. Rachel soon collapsed against her, her body shaking with sobs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Angstttttttttttt