Status: Workin' on gettin' the 13th chapter out there.

Changed Directions

Aftermath

Rachel winced slightly as the last stitch was sewn into the gash on the outside of her left bicep. Several other smaller cuts on her arms, chest and face had been layered with anti-biotic ointment and bandaged. A pretty large black eye and split lip completed the singer’s visible injuries; a huge bruise on her right side also had been wrapped up.

Puck sat on the examination table next to her. He looked much better than his friend, with only a few scrapes and a bruise beginning to spread over his cheek. His knuckles were bloody from incapacitating one of the brawlers that tried to stab Rachel with a broken bottle.

“Boss, maybe next time you should get me before entering a fray containing ten huge guys.

Rachel shrugged, hissing as the motion caused her side to twinge. “Aiden and I should’ve been able to handle it; if that asshole hadn’t pulled out the damn knife.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

4 Hours Earlier:

A bottle flew over Rachel’s head as she shoved her way through the entrance to her club, smashing into the wall. Glass shards rained down, littering her arms and shoulders with shallow cuts and scrapes. Growling in frustration, she began pushing towards where the scuffle was.

“Want som’more, ya stupid
faggot?!” was slurred from the mouth of a barrel- chested blond of about twenty-five. He and four other severely intoxicated men were wrestling against two of Rachel’s bouncers and three men who had just left the club. Aiden, the bouncer who had let the trio of ex-cheerleaders in, was attempting to hold back the other club patrons, who were angered by the homophobic slurs leaving the five drunkards’ mouths. A few of the calmer and more regular club visitors were helping him stop the swarm from tearing the men to pieces.

Rachel frowned, beginning to shove through the crowed surrounding the ten men fighting. Reaching Aiden, she grabbed his arm. “Where did they come from?” She asked, jerking her head towards the five drunkards.

“The bar down the street. They came stumbling out right as you told everyone to leave. They then spotted all our ‘gayness’ and started shouting things. Crowd got angry, so Daemon and Jack shoved them back, and ended up getting attacked. Three of the closest guys helped them out, and I knew we had to stop everyone else before they tore those guys to pieces… even if they do deserve it.” The last bit was mumbled.

“Okay. Keep them all back. If you see things get out of hand, call the cops.” Receiving a nod, the singer pushed towards the fighters. Stepping between all of them, she glanced at the bouncers, secretly ordering them to back off; grabbing the other three, they did so. Turning back to the other five men, who had packed together near the street, she frowned. “Okay, you five. You’re obviously drunk; and while that definitely doesn’t excuse the slurs you’ve been screaming at my friends, I’ll let it slide this once. Either let me call you a cab, or get the hell out of here.”

“Are you one of them too, bitch? You a
dyke?” The blond, obviously the group’s ringleader, turned towards his friends. “Look at this lesbo. Thinks she can send us on our way. I don’t think so.” He pulled out a knife.

Shit. Was the first thought that went through Rachel’s mind. Raising her hands she took a small step back. “Take it easy. I don’t want to have to bring the cops in on this.”

“Shut up, you stupid dyke.” He charged towards her, slashing at her gut. Side stepping him, she brought a knee up into his groin. He fell with a groan. Turning back, she caught a fist to the face. Grabbing the puncher’s arm, she levered him over her shoulder, smashing him into another of the drunkards. The last two, came towards her at the same time, one quickly ramming an elbow into her side, slamming her into the ground. He was thrown away from her by Puck.

“Need some help, boss?” He offered a hand, pulling her to her feet.

“Thanks, Noah.” A gasp left her mouth as she felt sharp metal slash deep in her arm. The blond had gotten up. The bartender grabbed his wrist, snapping it. The knife fell, and was quickly grabbed by the mow-hawked man.

Alarms blared suddenly. Blue and red lights flashed through the crowd, and soon the five men were wrestled to the ground and placed in handcuffs.

Blood ran down Rachel’s arm as she talked to the police. “Ma’am, I think it’d be best if you got that cut checked before we finish this report.” Puck stepped forward.

“I’ll take her. Come on, Rach.”


…………………………………………………………………………………………

“That is my boyfriend and best friend in there! I deserve to see if they’re okay!”

“Joder! Listen you idiots! The police told us there was a fuckin’ knife involved. If someone stabbed Berry I wanna know, so I can kill the hijo de puta myself!”

Rachel raised an eyebrow at the voices of Kurt and Santana, whose’ arguments with the nurses were rising in volume. Quinn quietly slipped inside the door, drawing the attention of the room’s two occupants.

“How the hell-?” Puck asked.

“I slipped by while S and Kurt started screaming in everyones’ faces.”

Frowning at the numerous bandages and bruises adorning the small brunette’s upper body, the woman quickly crossed to the singer’s side. “Jesus, Rachel. What happened? Looks like you were in a war zone.”

“Trust me, this is nothing compared to a war zone.”

“It’s a lot coming from a bar fight. Even with a knife.”

Rachel shrugged. “Okay, yeah, I was kinda jumped after I told my bouncers to back off.”

“You did what?!” Quinn shrieked.

“I didn’t want any of my guys getting hurt, plus I needed them to hold back the crowed that wanted to tear those five homophobic morons apart. I didn’t expect one of the bastards to draw a knife!”

“There were five of them, Rachel! FIVE! And you thought you could take them out by yourself?” Quinn latched onto the singer’s shoulders, shaking her slightly. A wince from the woman caused the blonde to loosen her grip. “What happened to your arm?”

Rachel mumbled an unintelligible reply.

“She got cut by the guy with the knife after getting smashed into the ground. Don’t worry; he won’t be holding anything with that hand for a while.” Puck smirked self-satisfactorily.

“You got cut too!” Quinn glared at the brunette, who in turn was glaring at the mow-hawked bartender. Then she turned to the ex-HBIC and tilted her head slightly, studying the hazel-eyed beauty.

“Are you going to yell at me about everything that just happened? Cause if so, can I ask you something before you storm out in anger?”

Quinn raised an eyebrow in silent question, before nodding consent.

“Two questions actually, since I really do not want a repeat of high school. First, are you single?” The blonde’s eyes widened in shock. “I’m gonna take that as a yes. Next, and please don’t slap me, I’d rather not have another bruise added to this shiner, can I take you on a date?”
♠ ♠ ♠
…Please don’t kill me. I was sick for a week, and then had two days of thirteen hour dress rehearsals, then a week of catching up on school work and a weekend of performances. I am truly sorry. Hopefully this’ll make up for it a bit.

Author’s Note 1: So… I don’t own Glee. At all. Unfortunately.

Author’s Note 2: Thanks to 'I'm Totally Bugged' from Fanfiction (dot) net, who kicked my ass back into gear with this.

So… A little taste of possible Faberry.

Also, anyone else hear bout this whole Fafaberry thing? I am kinda hooked on it now… Heh. Especially while having to wait for Glee to come back. It’s about 6 days now, right? Too long…

Reviews are so lovely! I hope you leave some!