Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter ten

I sighed as I slumped onto a seat in an Internet café. I had a laptop, but we didn’t have the Internet at the moment. Mum was waiting a little longer for this florist job to become permanent, and then we would get the luxury of the Internet.

So I had to use an Internet café a few times a week at the moment. I didn’t have Sora’s number so I couldn’t text her and ask her to meet up, so I had to resort to emailing her, which is what I was doing now.

Hey Sora! What’s up?

I made it to Odaiba all right, as you can see I’m emailing you now. On Saturday night my mother went out with Nancy, so I had to cook for T.K. and Matt. Kari came over too, and I invited Tai but he had some very colourful words to describe me, even after all this time.

Anyway, moving on.

Are you going to Matt’s band’s gig on Friday night? He said everyone was going, so I assume you are? I hope you are, you and Tai are best friends so maybe you can try and convince him to at least be civil to me?

Hope all is well. I got a new SIM for my mobile; you should definitely call me sometime. It would be good to catch up some time this week if you’re free. Number is 888-3928.

Talk sometime soon, cya
Scarlett xx.

After checking my emails, I logged onto face book. However it was hard to concentrate because there were a group of guys behind me playing some game over a LAN connection. I was guessing it was probably counter strike.

They were loudly cheering, or swearing at their screens. I sighed and turned around, seeing them all for the first time.

They were a mixture of ages. Some looked as young as thirteen, where some looked like older college students. However one of the gamers caught my eye, he looked really familiar…

It was Izzy. It just had to be. He looked exactly the same, and from the little spying I had done, he had the same mannerisms. But I couldn’t go up to him in the middle of a game and be like ‘Yo Izzy! Sup?’ because he would crack it at me. No, I had to time my hello.

I waited about 10 minutes and their game was over for that round. They all announced a toilet break and food break, because they had been playing for a few hours straight.

As the others got up, Izzy only pulled out his own laptop and began playing around on it. This was the best time to approach him.

“Um…Izzy Izumi?” I asked, shyly approaching him.

He looked up, and from the look he was giving me, he did not recognise me. However, he didn’t seem to mind and stayed polite.

“Yes?” He asked politely.

“Um, I don’t know if you remember me but we went to summer camp together a few years ago and um, yeah. We went through a lot together as a group. My name is Scarlett Lancaster…” I nervously introduced.

“Of course I remember you! I could never forget that summer. You just look a whole lot different is all, but Sora did recently mention you were moving here. How are you?” Izzy asked me.

“Yeah, I’m pretty good. New town and stuff, it’s kind of a lot to adjust to, but I’m doing fine I guess. Are you going to Matt’s gig on Friday night?” I asked Izzy.

“Of course I am. I wouldn’t pass up an opportunity for such a joyful night.” Izzy blinked, sounding completely serious.

Yep, still the same Izzy.

My phone went off, and I looked at the number. Unknown number. Definitely had to be Sora.

“Answer it. I should get back to my gaming buddies. We’ll talk later though.” Izzy smiled, before turning back to his laptop.

I grabbed my purse and headed outside, knowing I’d be able to hear the person on the other end a lot better.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone.

“Scarlett? Hey! It’s Sora!” I heard Sora’s kind voice say through the phone.

“Sora? Woo! I haven’t spoken to you on the phone in at least six months!” I replied in an enthusiastic manner.

“I know right? Well, I haven’t seen you in six years, only photos and videos. Since we’re in the same city, I think we should catch up as soon as possible.” I heard her state.

“When are you free? Are you going to the gig Friday night? I’m pretty much free up until then.” I asked Sora.

“You know what? I’m free now. Do you want to do something?” Sora suggested.

“Sounds great. I’ll come to you because I need to learn locations in this city. Where are you?” I asked her.

“Um…I’m at my mother’s shop but there’s nothing to do now she’s found a new employee. The new employee is wonderful. It’s twenty nine George Street, a flower shop as I’m sure I’ve told you before.” Sora explained.

“Hey! I’m not quite sure of the address but I think my mother works there, as the new employee you just mentioned. Haha, guess I’ll see you in a bit then.” I beamed over the phone.

“Urgh, your sense of style may have changed but you’re still the same spontaneous Scarlett deep down. Not bothering to check, just looking for an adventure, albeit a small one. You and Tai shouldn’t have any problems getting along this time around.” Sora said, and I could almost see her roll her eyes.

“Yeah, yeah. We’ll see Friday night I guess. Seeya soon.” I replied bluntly, hanging up the phone instantly.

I stuck my head in the door to say bye to Izzy.

“Bye Izzy! Hope you get the most kills.” I shouted to him.

His only response was swatting me away, the next game had already started and he was clicking and typing like mad. Knowing he would be a while and there was no point in waiting around for him, I trotted outside and decided the best way to Sora’s mum’s flower shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the very awesome Kitty Got Clawz & Baby Squid for commenting <3 thanks, means a lot!