Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter fourteen

After Matt’s band finished their set, after helping his band mates pack up their instruments I noticed he was talking to some guy for a while (In between signing autographs, fan photos and talking to fans, of course)

You could tell this guy was ‘important’ in the scene. Maybe not a heartthrob like Matt, but still a popular guy you want to know. He had on a black ‘gangster’ hat that was sideways, a dark green hoodie with some pattern on it, black shorts that were worn low, and white high socks on, with white sneakers. Gangster hipster at it’s finest.

It was almost just the aurora this guy gave off that made him seem important and popular. Just looking at him gave you those feelings. But a lot of people were also talking to him, and greeting him as they walked past.

The biggest hint though was his closeness with Matt. They had been speaking a long time, and this random guy also ‘man hugged’ him and gave him a fist punch when Matt approached. Matt also seemed completely at ease with talking to this guy, something Matt still doesn’t seem to do often.

I looked away quickly when Matt seemed to say something to that guy, and the guy looked over my way. Feeling embarrassed that I was caught, and being sick of ‘accidentally’ bumped into by girls going to and from Matt, I decided to go find Sora.

I searched all over the venue for her. I thoroughly searched the main room where the next band was setting up but she wasn’t in there. I searched the foyer area and the place they were serving food, but no Sora. She wasn’t in the toilets either.

I went back to the stage and asked Izzy and Joe if they had seen Sora. They said they hadn’t. I found T.K. and Kari grabbing some food at the place they were serving food, but they hadn’t seen her either.

That left asking Tai and Matt. Matt wouldn’t know, he had been busy the entire time and had barely spoken a word to Sora. Sora had spent the evening with Tai, so he must know where she is.

Tai was easily found. He was standing in the foyer, talking to some girl. She was fairly short and petite, with platinum blonde hair (which actually did look real) porcelain like pale skin, and bright blue eyes. She was quite pretty.

“Hi guys, sorry to interrupt but Tai, I was wondering if you’ve seen Sora?” I asked Tai, but smiling an apologetic smile to the girl.

“She went outside, she said she needed some fresh air. Poor girl, I think it might have something to do with Matt.” The girl replied, looking sympathetic.

“Ah right, thanks. I’m Scarlett, by the way.” I said, introducing myself.

“I’m Alyssa! You look like you’re new here, I’ve never seen you around before.” The girl said in a bubbly fashion.

“Uh yeah, I just moved to Odaiba a few days ago. Love this place.” I smiled.

“What school are you going to?” She asked me.

“Odaiba High School, I’ll be a senior.” I replied.

“GREAT! Same as me. Hopefully we see each other around, you seem like a cool person.” Alyssa smiled.

“Hey you too. I’m going to go find Sora, but I’ll see you both around.” I smiled at both Alyssa and Tai, and didn’t wait for Tai’s smart-ass comment as I walked off outside.

I saw Sora off in the distance. She was sitting on a park bench, looking at the ground, dragging her feet around. Curious as to why she was upset, I went next to her and sat down.

I didn’t speak a word but gave her a smile. She gave me a sad smile back.

“It’s stupid, why I’m upset.” She said, without me prompting.

“I bet it’s not. If you need a second opinion, I’m a pretty good listener.” I stated. I wasn’t going to push her, but I wanted to know why she was upset. Maybe she had seen Matt and I? Uh oh.

“Okay. Just because I know you won’t ever bring this up again without me prompting or judge me or be a general moron. It’s…Tai and Alyssa. She’s so freakin’ gorgeous, he wouldn’t take his eyes off her all night, and would totally ignore me to talk to her.” Sora sulked.

“So um…sorry to um bring this up but you and Tai…” I trailed off.

“We’re nothing. That’s why I’m being stupid and he can talk to whoever he wants. But Scarlett, after the break up with Matt I realised how much Tai means to me. That’s why Matt and I didn’t work out, not that I knew it at the time. It’s Tai I’m meant to be with. It’s always been Tai.” Sora explained.

“I can tell if you’re reacting like this. Usually you’re so reasonable and all that, but Tai is making you stupid. Sorry girl, you’ve fallen. Hard.” I grinned.

“I knew telling you was an awesome idea. I’m coming to you with all my problems from now on. You kick my ass into gear.” Sora grinned back.

“Do you want to wait here for a while, or go back in and kick ass and be awesome?” I asked Sora.

“Eh, I feel stronger with you. It’s strange. Let’s um…kick ass and be awesome as you put it.” Sora smiled.

We both got up and were heading in. However as we were walking back towards the venue, we saw Matt walk out. He froze up upon seeing Sora, but Sora just gave him a warm smile. She really was over him and into Tai…

“Hey Scarlett, I’ve been looking all over for you. Hey Sora. Basically, a bunch of my friends are having this party, and I thought it would be a good way for you to meet people from this town. Of course Sora can come too. What do you say?” Matt asked me.

“Um, who else is going?” I asked, eyeing Sora nervously.

“Nearly everybody. T.K. and Kari are. Izzy said he’ll think about it but he probably will. Joe said he has to go home soon and study, and Tai said he’s in.” Matt explained.

I didn’t reply or take my eyes off Sora, not sure of how I should answer.

“Yeah sure, we’ll be there. I’ll drive Scarlett, Tai and myself after the gig.” Sora cheerily replied.

“Great! Well um, I’m going to swing by home to shower and change, I’m not going to the party after playing, phew I’m sweaty. I’ll be stopping by before the gig ends though. You both should enjoy the other bands.” Matt smiled, patting my shoulder and giving Sora a smile before walking off, presumably to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
As always, THANKS to the VERY awesome Stray Cat for the comment <3 I agree with her, Matt and Tai are BOTH awesome, it'll be hard for Scarlett to pick!