Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter nineteen

It was now the first day of school. I was only a little nervous as I started getting ready. I had two things to be nervous about, the fact that I was starting a new school, and the fact that I was starting senior year, the year that counts. However I wasn’t nervous about starting a new school, I already had five friends at this school (Matt, Izzy, Sora, T.K. and Kari) Joe was at a private school and Tai, well Tai obviously isn’t exactly a friend. But having a head start with five friends at least wasn’t too bad. I also knew Yolei and Davis, but I wasn’t friends with them either as of yet.

Speaking of T.K. and Kari though, they were starting freshman year this year! Awww, how cute. I bet they were feeling kind of how I’m feeling right now, but all of their friends from middle school (Except for Cody, who I had yet to meet, he was still in middle school as he was the youngest, and Ken who lived in another town, yet to meet him too) were joining alongside them, as well pretty much every else from middle school.

I walked over to where I had my uniform hung up. It didn’t look too bad; green was definitely a good colour on me. My old school had a uniform too. It’s skirt was a blue and white plaid colour, we had a light blue t-shirt we had to wear, and freshman and sophomores had to wear a bright blue pullover while the juniors and seniors had to wear a very dark navy pullover. So having to wear a green uniform did not phase me at all.

After I put on my uniform and did my morning routine of washing my face/brushing my teeth/makeup etc I went to the kitchen and made breakfast. Mum was still in bed; she worked unusual hours at the florist and Mondays she didn’t start until later.

After breakfast, I was waiting for Matt to pick me up. His mum told him he had to drive me to school, at least for the first week or so until I knew the way to walk there. However, Matt did offer to drive me anyway before his mum asked him to.

Matt. Just thinking of him bought a smile to my face.

I saw him last night, I told my mum I was going for a walk and he told his dad…well I’m not sure what he told his dad. He and his dad are fairly close, and his dad has kept major secrets in the past. So I think he may have told his dad about us, because his dad would never tell his mum, who would tell my mum, who would tell Sora’s mum who would tell Sora.

We met up halfway, as our apartments are about twenty minutes walk away from each other and just spent a lot of time together. We were on a deserted playground, and while the night began with us sitting a small distance away from each other as we hung out, over the course of the night we got a little closer until finally I was resting my head on Matt’s shoulder and he was holding my hand, both of us completely silent as we took in the serene surroundings. And of course to top off the night, we kissed again.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I saw Matt’s car pull into the driveway and he gave a beep.

I grabbed my bag and bounded out. T.K. got out of the front seat and jumped into the back.

I shot him a confused look, but slipped into the front seat.

“You didn’t have to move to the backseat, you know. I don’t care if I ride shot gun or not, you were in the car first.” I said to T.K., turning around as Matt pulled out and I had put my seatbelt on.

“Meh, it’s no biggie. I just thought you should be closer to Matt.” T.K. shrugged.

I quickly turned around to face T.K. and then turned to Matt.

“He knows?” I asked Matt.

“He knows.” T.K. smirked.

“He knows.” Matt confirmed, nodding his head.

“Aw I hope you’re not mad at Matt for telling me, Scarlett. I spent the weekend with him at Dad’s, and when he snuck out to see you he told Dad and myself his problem. He really likes you, and he seemed he really needed to whine about how problematic things could get with Sora and Tai.” T.K. informed me.

“Hey kiddo! I told you not to tell her that part,” Matt laughed, reaching over the back seat and giving T.K. a light whack “But yes, I hope you don’t mind Scarlett. But we can trust T.K.

I smiled, shaking my head.

“Guys, it’s okay. I trust you, T.K. I can understand why you went to T.K. too, Matt. T.K. is obviously the most important person in your life to you, and your best friend.” I beamed to Matt, and he returned a very warm smile, and squeezed my thigh affectionately.

“You guys are seriously overreacting though. Sora won’t be mad at all; I think she’ll be happy that you both have each other. You guys may not be as close anymore, but Sora still cares about you Matt a lot, in a strictly platonic way. And you’re her best friend Scarlett; she’d do anything to see you happy, even if that means accepting you’re dating her ex boyfriend. She won’t make a big deal out of it, so I don’t know why you both are.” T.K. stated.

Matt just avoided the conversation and eye contact and kept his eyes on the road ahead. I decided to be cheeky, and turned to T.K.

“Hey do you know in high school detention doesn’t exist? If you put a toe out of line they lock you into a cage in a big room and at the bottom of the room is Skull Greymon and if you even make a noise in detention they open the doors of the cage and you fall to the bottom of the pit into Skull Greymon’s jaws.” I grinned to T.K.

“Scarlett, I’m not nine anymore. I’m going into freshman year, not the third grade. Nice try.” T.K. said, laughing at my lame joke.

Matt laughed at my over the top story, and I grinned at him.

Matt pulled into the car park, and turned the engine off. A lot of girls scattered across the yard looked over, and then began to make their way over to the car.

“Oh crap.” Matt said, as he stepped out of the car and locked it.

“What?” I asked him.

“Tell you what Scarlett, because you made me laugh before I’m going to save you. Matt however, sorry but you’re on your own. You’re unable to be saved. Catch up with you later.” T.K. giggled, dragging me off by the arm just before the big group of girls swarmed Matt.

“T.K.!! SCARLETT! OVER HERE!” Kari shouted at us near the entrance.

T.K. let go of my arm and we both walked over to her, where Davis and Yolei were standing.

“Hi T.A.,” Davis said to T.K. with venom but took a nicer tone when he got to me “Hi Scarlett.”

“Hey Davis, how are you?” I asked cheerfully.

“I’m good thanks. And how are you T.I.?” He asked T.K.

I had to suppress a giggle. When I first met Davis he seemed immature and pathetic. But then it grew on me that night he barged into my house, and his digs at T.K. and purposely getting his name wrong were actually pretty funny. He was a character, that’s for sure.

It was also funny how T.K. ignored Davis’ digs at him, firing Davis up even more. Of course if it bothered T.K. and it really was bullying I wouldn’t find it funny, but because T.K. didn’t mind it was.

I awkwardly spoke to Davis and Yolei for a little bit, as T.K. and Kari got into a huge conversation about something. I could easily speak to Davis and Yolei but I barely knew them, whereas I knew the older kids well.

Shortly after Izzy, Tai and Sora joined us.

Sora and Izzy greeted me, with Sora giving me a quick greeting hug. Tai greeted everybody in the group except for me.

Davis and Tai were similar, yet I didn’t find Tai’s immaturity towards me funny. That’s probably because it was aimed towards me though, and not anybody else. But I was copping Tai’s immaturity on the chin as T.K. was doing to Davis, and was making sure to show it didn’t bother me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was going to be longer but I have to start my homework, boo. I sound like I'm in high school again.