Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter two

Our group was camped around a campfire on the last night of summer camp. There was meant to be lights out a long time ago, but we didn’t care. Whilst everybody but T.K. and I would still be seeing each other regularly, it would never be like this. We had been through so much together this summer, and we’d never be assembled like this in the same way again.

“I wonder how our Digimon friends are going right now.” Mimi sighed.

Nobody said anything, but everybody gave Mimi a dirty look. We were all still missing our Digimons, and would for a long time. In order to help us all resume our normal lives, our time in the Digi world was never spoken of.

I sighed remembering Viximon.

“We can’t just forget our Digimon pals you know? It’s almost an insult to them. I’m sure they’d just want us all to be happy.” Joe said.

We all gave a sigh knowing he was right.

“I think our time in Digi world showed some of our best qualities. We all showed incredible teamwork, and showed the most unselfishness a person can. We all became extremely independent, and I’m mostly proud of Kari and T.K.” Matt said, making the two youngest kids blush.

Kari tried to hide under her brother Tai’s arm, whilst T.K. stood proud of his brother’s compliment.

“You know who I was most proud of? Tai and Scar. They put apart their differences and worked well as a team, and even helped each other out a lot. I don’t think we’ll ever be seeing that again.” Sora giggled.

“We only did it because we had to!” I protested.

“Besides, we did NOT work well as a team. Sora, come on, it was all about us!” Tai protested.

The whole group then let out laughter, and the topic was changed back to our adventure in the Digi world.

However, just before the topic was dropped Tai and I gave each other a kind look, and a smile. Such an action had not happened before this moment, and at that moment we never thought it would happen again.

***

“Come on Scar get up! We’re going home today!” I heard Sora say, whacking me with her pillow.

“We’re not going home now. So I need more sleep.” I protested, rolling over to fall back asleep.

“Fine! When T.K.’s mum drives off without you and you’re stranded, don’t come crying to me!” Sora whined, and I could tell she had rolled her eyes.

“Mmm okay.” I replied, and dozed into a light sleep again.

I’m not sure how much later I was awoken up, but I was. By a bucket of water being thrown onto me. Three guesses who…

Usually buckets of water being thrown onto me wouldn’t be such a bad thing. It was hot, so it would cool me down. I would never be sleeping in this bed again, so it didn’t matter if the sheets got wet. I also had no qualms about how it would ‘ruin’ my hair.

I did however, have a problem with who obviously threw that bucket of water.

“GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! TAICHI KAMIYA! I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR BALLS OFF!” I shouted, immediately ripping the covers off me, scrambling down the ladder and running out into the open.

Tai was laughing his stupid boyish carefree laughter, thinking he could outrun me. The kid was a soccer champion; I’d give him that. I was overweight and horrible at sports, but when I was angry, I was angry. I was given a lot more stamina than usual, and I luckily could run well short distances too, even if I was out of breath longer than a ‘fit’ person would be.

His laughing was his demise, as it was beginning to slow him down. I easily caught up to him, and easily tackled his form easily as I was probably bigger than him.

Whilst he was trapped and caught off guard, I wrung out my wet hair onto his hair and messed it up. Realising that wasn’t enough, I moved up a little and wrung out my wet t-shirt onto his hair, making his hair very wet. I then messed it up more, making his goggles fall to the floor.

I then picked up the dirt on the ground, and some grass as well. I thoroughly moved it around in his hair, making his hair VERY dirty. I may not care about my hair, but I’m sure Tai cares about his.

“I HATE YOU!” Tai shouted, attempting to clean his hair.

I grinned sheepishly, taking his goggles and putting them on my head. I ran back to our cabins, where our group and our counsellor had gathered outside to see the commotion.

“Hi! My name is Tai. I’m a stupid idiot who thinks he’s in charge of everything. Blah blah blah! I’m soooo important! Matt, I hate you. Scarlett I hate you. Sora, I’m deeply in love with you and want your babies!” I loudly said.

Sora was giggling, but she had Kari behind her and was blocking her ears. If Kari saw what I was doing she would hate me for life and get offended. Joe looked unimpressed, but Izzy was chuckling. Mimi looked worried for Kari, as did T.K. but he was looking up at Matt. Matt had his arms crossed, he was clearly unamused too.

Tai then ran up to me, and tackled me the same way I did to him before. He took his goggles off my head, giving me a dirty look in the process.

This was enough for the counsellor to intervene.

“What the hell do you two think you’re doing?” The counsellor angrily asked.

“I call it getting revenge on Tai for waking me up with a bucket of water. Quite a catchy name, don’t you think?” I grinned.

“I am SO GLAD you are both going home today. Should you both ever return to this camp, I will make damn sure you’re both in different groups. Now you both better be getting ready, breakfast is in twenty minutes and your parents will all be here in an hour. You both could do some washing up.” The counsellor growled, turning on his heels and storming off.

Tai gave me one last dirty look before storming back off to his cabin.

“Oh dear, Scar. You only have twenty minutes to wash up before breakfast.” Sora said, looking nervous.

“I had a shower last night, besides it’s only a little bit of water. All I need to do is spray some deodorant on and get dressed. Gee, you need to relax more.” I cheekily grinned, heading back to our cabin.