Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter twenty three

“OUCH!” I shouted, as I picked myself up from the ground.

I dusted off my uniform, and looked around. The last I remembered was that I was in a computer lab at school.

But now… I was on a rocky mound, which looked like there were forests around.

I heard another groan, and looked over to see Tai groaning as he got up as well.

“What the hell happened?” I asked Tai.

He didn’t reply, but took a look around and grinned.

“We’re in the digital world. Somehow the port opened up without a D3, and sucked us in.” Tai replied, grinning wildly.

“I don’t even have my digivice on me. That was the issue in the first place. I wasn’t able to come, because of my digivice.” I said to Tai, looking around.

“Wow Scar, what do you think happened then? Do you think this is a secret doorway we went through at the computer lab in school? Look around. This is exactly where we were when we were twelve. “ Tai said sarcastically.

I looked around. He was right. This was the exact island where we found the tram on our first night in the Digi world all those years ago. In fact the tram that took us back to the real world was still nestled on the rocky island.

“Is this?” I asked Tai to confirm, who nodded.

I ran from him without a word towards the tram, not looking back.

“Look Scar, wait! You can’t just run off without me! It’s dangerous!” Tai shouted, following me as I landed outside the tram.

“You know Tai, you should be careful with what you say. One might interpret that as you caring about me.” I winked at him.

“No way. But you wandering off without your Digimon partner and without another person could be dangerous. I was the appointed leader back for our Digi destined, I have a duty to protect you.” Tai huffed.

“Which means you care, even just a little.” I sniggered.

Before Tai could reply, a familiar small, orange dinosaur appeared from the inside of the tram.

“AGUMON!” I said loudly, bending down to hug the dinosaur.

“Well hi there!” Agumon stated, hugging me back.

“Tai, who is this? Is this your girlfriend?” Agumon asked Tai.

It then dawned on me. I was a lot different when I was twelve, and that was the last time Agumon had seen me. I had changed a lot since then, so it was no wonder he wouldn’t recognise me without being told.

Tai and I looked at each other and burst out laughing at Agumon’s question. Tai and I being together? What a joke!

“This girl? My girlfriend? No way! I would never, EVER date her!” Tai huffed, turning away from me and crossing his arms.

“You think I’d want to date you?” I huffed in the same tone, using his actions.

“Awww Tai! She seems pretty and real nice! What’s your name?” Agumon asked me, turning to me.

Before myself could answer him, somebody shouted out my name.

I turned around to see Renamon jump into my arms, I hugged back.

“Scarlett! I never thought I’d see you again. Everybody got to see their Digimon partners except me and I thought that meant I’d never get to see you again.” Renamon said sadly, looking down.

“Aww Renamon! You see I didn’t live in Odaiba like everybody else, and I had no way to get to the Digi world to see you. But now I live in Odaiba, I can come and visit you all the time!” I grinned.

“You really mean it?” She asked.

I nodded, but Tai loudly growled.

“Sorry to cut this reunion short, but we were called to the Digi world for a reason. We should probably go investigate.” Tai said to me.

I nodded, he was right. We had a mission to do.

“Have you guys seen anything unusual? Tai’s digivice was apparently beeping like the day all the new Digi destined got their D3s, and we ended up here. Something must be up.” I asked the two Digimon.

“We haven’t seen anything. We regularly see Gabumon, Biyomon, Palmon, Tentomon and Gomamon and they haven’t noticed anything strange happening.” Agumon replied.

“What about the new Digi destined? Do you see their Digimon?” I asked the two.

“Uh Scar, they have their Digimon on them. Duh.” Tai said sarcastically.

“Well, I guess we should go looking around then. I need an adventure! I got to watch all of you armour digivolve and have heaps of fun with your partners two years ago. Now my partner and me get to go on an adventure. Yippee!” Renamon said, jumping up and down.

“Wait, armour Digivolving…maybe this has something to do with the Digi Egg of innocence…” Tai trailed off.

The Digi Egg of Innocence…I had heard a bit about it from Sora. I had the crest of innocence, so I was always on edge about the egg of innocence. The owner was never found, and I had forgotten about it until now.

“We always assumed the owner of that egg had met with an unfortunate fate, or less likely was you Scar…” Tai admitted.

“I knew no one ever claimed the egg but I had no idea you guys found it. Hot diggity damn! Let’s go!” I said, linking arms with Renamon, who was chanting for an adventure.

I was just as excited as Renamon for an adventure in the Digi world. I hadn’t had one since I was twelve, so this was exciting even if it had to be with Tai.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to KellShadows for the comment :) haven't had a comment in a while so I appreciate it :)