Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter twenty four

“This is primary village.” I said to Tai, as I looked at my surroundings.

Primary Village was the place in the Digital world where Digimon were reborn once they died. It looked like a childcare centre, with a lot of nice patterns and colours, except it was outdoors on the ground, grass and even the buildings.

“Glad to see you haven’t had memory loss.” Tai said sarcastically, and I scowled at him.

“Well I’m just trying to say, are you sure it’s an egg of innocence or just some special egg ready to hatch a Digimon?” I asked Tai.

“Nope, the egg of innocence is definitely the egg of innocence and not a Digi egg containing a baby Digimon. I definitely have checked it out a lot, and I should know.” I heard somebody say.

I turned around to see Elecmon, the keeper of Primary Village who looks after the baby Digimon once they hatch.

I just smiled at him, giving sidewards glances to Agumon, Renamon and Tai.

“Well then, Elecmon we’d like to take Scarlett to the egg of innocence to see if it’s hers or not. The Digi world may be in peace now and there may be no need for armour digivolving, but it wouldn’t hurt to at least put this matter to rest.” Renamon said to Elecmon.

I saw Elecmon’s eyes then dart to my face, studying it to see if I was the same Scarlett from all those years ago. However, he didn’t make any comment as he motioned for us to follow him.

We all began to walk in silence, passing through the fields. We were stopped a few times by baby Digimon who pounced on us, and we had to give them a cuddle they were too cute! Even Tai lightened up around the cute baby Digimon.

We were then lead to a field that was completely empty, except for one egg. On closer inspection, the egg had a familiar pattern on it.

The crest of innocence.

We all stopped in front of it, and waited for the others to speak up first.

“Well, this is the crest of innocence. Not sure what you do with it, but here it is.” Elecmon spoke up/

“Scarlett, go on. Pick it up. That’s what the others did with theirs” Renamon stated to me.

I nodded.

I inched slowly towards the egg, a little unsure on how this would go. What if it isn’t my Digi egg? Imagine all the things Tai would tease me about. It’s more likely not mine, why would it be mine? The older original Digi Destined didn’t get their own Digi eggs. Maybe there would be a new batch of Digi Destined and it would be theirs.

I decided to put myself out of my misery, and go for the kill.

I bent down to grab the egg in front of Tai, Renamon, Agumon, Elecmon watching and me.

However the most peculiar thing happened.

The second my fingers even brushed the egg, a powerful white light emerged that knocked me back out of shock. The light directed itself to my hand, and when the brightness died down I noticed something had appeared in my hand.

It was a digivice; well it resembled what was my digivice. But it seemed newer, and larger. The shape was different, and there were a few buttons.

“What the hell is this?” I asked, turning to the others.

“Wow Scar, that’s a D3! Congratulations, you may be two years late but you’re originally part of the new Digi Destined!” Tai informed me, no sarcasm to be heard in his voice.

“I just…why?” I asked Tai, a little confused.

“Don’t ask me! I wasn’t the one who made you the owner of the Digi egg of innocence. Just go with it.” Tai winked.

“Thanks…I think. That’s a lot, coming from you.” I said after a few moments, deciding to go with that one in my head.

“Hey wait, if you have a Digi egg, will Renamon be able to Armour Digivolve?” Agumon asked, posing the argument Renamon bought up before.

“Hey, that’s right! After all the other kids got their own Digi egg, their Digimon could Digivolve into Armour Digimon. It was really handy back before we could go back to Ultimate, or even Champion when the control spires were still up.” Renamon said.

I remembered Sora’s emails about the “Digimon Emperor” who I now knew as Ken and the control spires. Nasty stuff, but the kid was very regretful and remorseful for his actions and had definitely proven his worth since then.

“Tai, do you think Renamon will be able to Armour Digivolve?” I asked Tai.

“Probably not, knowing you, you’d screw it up somehow. Besides what’s the point? Your Renamon can now Digivolve to Champion and Ultimate, which is much stronger than that stupid Armour Digivolve crap. Why bother?” Tai huffed, crossing his arms.

“Awww I think Tai is jealous that I can make my Renamon Armour Digivolve and he can’t make Agumon Armour Digivolve. I’m sure if Agumon could Armour Digivolve he would be a kick ass Armour Digimon.” I said to Tai, not wanting to hurt Agumon’s feelings.

“Whatever. Just get it over and done with. As I said, I bet you’ll mess it up somehow.” Tai teased.

“Well, how does one make their Digimon Armour Digivolve?” I shyly asked, knowing Tai would make a snide comment.

“See! You’re too incompetent to have a D3; I’m not sure why you were given one. But all the others used to yell ‘Digi Armour…Energise!” before Armour Digivolving and I’m guessing you need to hold the same beliefs and go through the same processes as getting your Digimon to Digivolve to Champion level.” Tai explained.

I just nodded as a response, taking in what he was saying.

“Well here goes anything…DIGI ARMOUR…ENERGISE!” I shouted, and watched as my D3 began to glow.