Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter twenty five

“Phew, what an adventure.” I said, as I recognised we had landed in the computer lab after going through a port in the digital world.

However, upon entry, a class full of students turned to look at us. The computer lab was empty when we first got sucked in, but obviously a class had started since. Luckily, they were all watching the teacher demonstrate something and didn’t see us go through the computer.

“Hehe, so yeah, I was right, I DID leave my USB memory stick here. Thanks for the suggestion Tai!” I said nervously, scratching the back of my head before I ran out of the classroom, Tai quickly following.

“You’re so selfish. I see you can come up with good excuses when you’re the one who needs it.” Tai snapped at me.

“So um, this is kind of silly but can you keep the whole me having a D3 and Renamon being able to Armour Digivolve a secret?” I asked Tai.

His glare fell, and a look of confusion fell over his face.

“You know, I have reasons for that too. But, why?” Tai asked me.

“Haha, answer my question first.” I smiled.

“I…I don’t really want to. It’s selfish on my behalf, and even I can see that. I haven’t told anyone, and I actually feel guilty. It um, involves you.” Tai confessed.

“Oh go on, tell. You’re divulging a secret in me; I respect that coming from you. You also feel remorse, which proves you’ve learned from whatever you did. Besides, you can tell everyone what I don’t want you to tell them if I do tell everyone.” I winked.

“You do realise you haven’t told me yet, right?” Tai asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Aw, just go on.” I giggled.

“Okay, well um. Remember how a few years ago, when the Digimon came back to our world but we couldn’t enlist your help because you were on vacation and we couldn’t find you?” Tai began.

I thought about it, but remembered clearly. About two years ago, the ports between the real world and Digiworld opened up again, and Digimon poured into our world as they did six years ago, that fateful summer. However that time around they enlisted the help of heaps of other kids, who had become digi destined since then.

The first time around it was only Tai, Izzy, Matt, T.K., Mimi, Sora, Joe, Kari and I who were Digi Destined as we were the only kids who witnessed the fights at Heighton View Terrace. However a lot of kids witnessed OUR Digimon battles and became Digi Destined because of it.

The second time around I was on vacation. I had been in Paris at the time, however I was on my way back when all the chaos had struck. T.K. was with Tai in Paris at the time, however as he later emailed me they JUST missed me as I was on a plane ride back home, and went undetected on everybody’s radar as I wasn’t technically on a continent at that time, hence I couldn’t help out.

I nodded slowly in response to Tai’s question, wondering where this was going.

“Well um. On the radar, I kind of saw you were in Paris. It was when we first met Catherine, this chick that T.K. and I both madly liked when we first met her. He was busy babbling on to her trying to show off, and I checked my radar and you appeared at the airport.” Tai stated.

“Oh and let me guess, you just kept it quiet and didn’t tell anybody? No sweat Tai, don’t worry about it. By the time you got to the airport I probably would have left anyway.” I replied, shrugging off Tai’s claims.

“No…it got kind of worse than that. Patamon was able to Champion Digivolve to Angemon who I’m sure would have had the strength to carry you…or if not they were granted the powers to Digivolve to Ultimate again and he would have been able to carry you then. We were near the airport too.” Tai guiltily said, looking down.

“Why?” I asked, showing no emotion on my face.

“Because I didn’t want to see you. I remembered how everything was when we were twelve, and I hadn’t spoken to you since you made me delete my email account because of all the spam emails you made me get. I was also trying to chat up Catherine, and I knew you’d be a little bitch and ruin my chances.” Tai said, his stubbornness making a comeback through all of guilt.

“Eh, you’re right. I probably would have ruined it. Did anything happen?” I asked, cracking a small grin.

“With Catherine? Not really. She promised to keep in touch, but obviously nothing happened as we lived in different continents.” Tai answered.

“Which is code word for you got friend zoned.” I added on.

“…Yes. But seriously, you’re not mad at what I did?” Tai asked.

“Hmm. Not really. I’ll agree it was a little selfish, but you were sixteen at the time. You were younger and more stupid. As I said before you’re remorseful, and hey we won the war, right? Maybe if I got involved I may have mucked things up and ended the world. If things worked out, there’s no need to get angry.” I shrugged, showing I really did not hold a grudge.

“Thanks Scarlett, I really appreciate your honesty and your understanding. I took Catherine a lot seriously than I should have, and should have had you come help us. But Catherine was an avenue to help me get over Sora, who rejected me for Matt at that time.” Tai confessed.



What?

Tai admitted he liked Sora, at least at one point. This could be good or bad for Sora. He either never let go of those feelings and at the back of his mind there was a nagging feeling that he still liked her, or her rejection of Tai turned him off her for good, and he had come to terms with them only being best friends.

As much as I wanted to nag, I couldn’t. I was on the verge of getting through to Tai and becoming friends, I couldn’t ruin this. Besides I knew I couldn’t tell Sora what Tai had just told me, so there was no need to nag. If I found out, I’d just be too tempted to tell Sora.

“So why do you want our adventure and your D3 and the alike kept secret?” Tai asked, after a moment’s silence of his confession.

“I really don’t know, honestly. It doesn’t make sense, I can now have fun adventures with the others and Armour Digivolve should the need ever arise. But something is telling me it’s better off kept away from the others, but I don’t know why.” I shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was going to be longer, but I decided to cut the end bit out and put it in the next part. As always, big thanks to KellShadows for her continued comments <3