Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter twenty seven

I must admit, I was a little mopey after the ‘breakup’ or whatever you’d call it, with Matt. I still sometimes sat with his group as I was still friends with a lot of his friends, and I had to, in a way, pretend that nothing happened between Matt and I. If we had stopped talking just randomly, people would know something was up.

I would have sat with Tai, Sora and her friends but I hadn’t spoken to Tai since our trip to the Digi World and wasn’t sure whether we were friends or not. I also didn’t want to impose.

For the times I REALLY didn’t feel like sitting with Matt though (Even though I sat in his group, he ignored me as much as he could without being suss) I sat in the computer lab with Izzy, and either worked on my website or just did other homework in general.

Sora happened to catch me whilst I was mopey in the computer lab one day, waiting for Izzy to arrive.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Sora asked, coming into the computer lab and taking a seat opposite of me.

“Ah nothing. Just want this day to end is all, I feel like going home.” I weakly smiled.

“Well when you get home you’ll need to go to bed straight away if you’re going to have a nap, because tonight you’re coming out with us.” Sora giggled.

“Who includes ‘us’?” I asked Sora.

“The Digi Destined kids! You, me, Tai, Izzy, Matt, T.K., Kari, Yolei, Davis, Ken, Cody and even Joe agreed to come.” Sora cheerfully informed me.

“Okay, and where are we going?” I asked Sora.

“Ohh right! Ken’s having a party. He’s still a little anti-social and is expecting us to make sure people come, so invite whomever. You can…invite people from your group if you want.” Sora said, awkwardly including her old friends.

“Nah it’s cool. So um, I guess I’ll meet you at the subway tonight? We’re all going to get the train to Ken’s as he lives right near the station about half an hour away. That way we can all drink. We’re getting the 7.53 train, so you better be there.” Sora winked.

“I’ll um, be there. I’ll see you then.” I weakly smiled, as Sora walked off as Tai made his way to the door to greet Sora.

I weakly smiled at Tai, and he gave a wave and a smile back. I assume from now on, Tai and I will be okay.

***

I was now at the subway waiting for the train with the others. Everybody was here, except for Sora and Matt. Apparently Matt had band practise and would be showing up later, and Sora had to go to tennis practise on late notice because she was doing a doubles match on Sunday to fill in for somebody who had broken their arm, and needed to practise.

I had met Cody. He seemed all right. A bit shy, but he seemed to have strong morals and as I had been told always wanted to do what was right. Nothing wrong with that.

I had a bottle of what resembled cola thrown in front of me by a grinning Tai.

“Coke?” I asked quizzically.

“Coke and vodka. It’s pre drinks! Don’t want to rock up to the party sober.” Tai said, pulling out his own bottle of alcohol.

“Um, is anyone else having pres?” I asked the group.

“I am!” Davis grinned, pulling out a beer bottle from his backpack.

“Davis, you’re stupid. You’re meant to make it discreet so if any ticket inspectors come they don’t give you a fine for drinking in a public place.” Tai said, smacking his head, making Davis grin in an ‘oops’ fashion.

“Oh dear. I wasn’t going to have pre drinks but I think I might now.” Kari said, pulling out a can of some kind of pre mixed alcopop.

I smiled softly at Kari. Even though she was apparently promiscuous she was still the same kind-hearted person. Any other sibling would have grabbed at their brother’s alcohol claiming they needed a swig. Not Kari though, she was so kind and caring she drank her own. I had never seen Tai and Kari fight, and they had no sibling rivalry. It was sweet.

We then all boarded the train to Ken’s house. Nobody else was having pre drinks, but most said they were going to drink at the party. Joe’s brother had kindly bought drinks, as he was overage. He said he was happy that Joe was finally being social and didn’t mind doing something ‘naughty’

Throughout the train ride I saw T.K. give Kari some worried looks. She definitely wasn’t drunk yet, but because she was so petite one very watered down mixed drink already had her tipsy.

I pulled T.K. aside.

“Hey, don’t worry about her. She’s a big girl.” I grinned to T.K.

“No Scarlett, you haven’t seen her drunk. She’s a different person. She’s still kind and all that, but she gets lonely and therefore clings onto some guy. She managed to shake off most of her loneliness after she faced her fears to get away from the dark ocean, but when she’s drunk those fears come back.” T.K. explained.

“As I said, don’t worry. Match maker Scarlett is here, and I can definitely get you too together.” I smiled.

“If you say so. I do need all the help I can get. Good luck though.” T.K. weakly smiled back.

We then rejoined the group. Everybody gave us weird looks, to which I replied I was discussing about our mothers. Which was true, both our mothers were going out tonight, as they knew that T.K. and I were, so they did not need to be home.

More chitchat was exchanged throughout the group, until we arrived at our stop. We all hauled ourselves off the train, and it was then I realised how tipsy I was once I got up again.

As we were going up the stairs, I went up slowly. I was tipsy, not drunk and was still aware of my surroundings and the possibilities of accidents in my altered state.

Tai, looking a little concerned helped me up the stairs of the subway.

“Thanks.” I briskly replied, as we were trailing behind the group walking to our destination.

“No problem. What are friends for?” Tai smiled at me.

Friends. Finally. After six years of being enemies, things were finally alright between us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha urgh, so I get up at 6am after 3 hours of sleep last night, get to work by 7am and then check the roster and see I'm not on until 9am -_- but on the bright side this wouldn't have been updated if I didn't start later, and I also got to update one of my Quizilla stories too :D

Oh, and just to make things clear, this ISN'T the last part if anybody was thinking that. This story has a looooooong way to go, this is barely the beginning.