Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter twenty eight

“Welcome everybody!” Ken brightly stated, as we knocked on the door.

It was now 9PM, still fairly early. We walked inside and saw a few people scattered around. I had a feeling around 10 or so more people would start appearing.

“Aw welcome!” An older female, presumably Ken’s mother said, rushing over to us to welcome us.

“Mum!” Ken whined, rolling his eyes.

“Sorry Ken but it’s so nice you now have so many friends and you’re so popular.” His mum cheerfully said.

“I think we’ll go acquaint ourselves with everybody then.” Kari cheerfully said, as an effort to pull Ken away from being embarrassed from his mother.

We all waved goodbye to Ken’s mother as we made our way into the lounge room.

A few people were scattered around, and with only one three-seater couch available and there being ten of us so far in our group, some of us had to sit on the floor.

I immediately loitered around the back of the group, happy to sit on the floor. Yolei and Davis jumped onto the couch, while the others politely waited to see who would take the third seat.

“I think T.K. should take the third seat.” I winked, a plan forming in my head.

“Why me?” T.K. asked.

“Because I said so.” I giggled, feeling a little tipsy as I pushed him (lightly) down onto the couch, and he sat down with a thud.

“Kari, you can sit on my lap if you want.” Davis grinned.

“Nope, Kari is sitting on T.K.’s lap. He’s bigger than you, so he can easily support her weight.” I said to Davis.

I felt a little sorry for Davis. He was a nice kid and pretty funny too. But Kari wasn’t his type; she was too mature and too kind hearted for his amusingly selfish actions. That’s why I wanted to push her and T.K. together, because they’d work so well. I’m sure the perfect girl for Davis was out there somewhere, but unfortunately that girl wasn’t Kari.

He pouted, but then piped up “You can sit on my lap instead, Scarlett. I’m sure I’m man enough to handle you.”

Everyone then laughed and a few called out on the sexual sounding nature of his statement. Davis then pouted, and pulled out another beer and began to chug it down.

The rest of us then plonked ourselves on the floor. I decided to lean against the couch, in front of Davis so I was leaning against his legs comfortably. Izzy sat next to me, so he was leaning on Yolei’s legs, however unlike Davis she was complaining loudly about his actions. Cody and Joe seated themselves in front of Izzy and I, whilst Ken exclaimed he had to go around and greet his friends, and would introduce us to everybody later.

Tai once again, surprise me though. He landed in front of me, sitting directly in front of me, pushing himself in between Cody and Joe to be dead centre.

Joe then pulled out a big bottle of vodka from his backpack, some soft drinks to use as mixers and plastic cups.

“Wow Joe, you really came prepared. That was some smart thinking.” Kari kindly said to Joe.

“Yeah whatever, pass me the vodka so I can do shots.” Davis mumbled, leaning forward to grab the vodka off Joe.

As he did this, his legs pushed me forward. I fell into Tai’s lap, going head first into Tai’s crotch.

I immediately got up, embarrassed as hell. I gave everybody a warning look not to make any comments, and snatched the vodka bottle off Davis, pouring my cup with what was probably a lot more than a shot and downing it.

I dropped my cup as the gushing burning feeling came down my throat.

“Whoa, Scarlett. If this is your first time drinking you should probably slow down. You’re already fairly tipsy.” Tai said, sounding concerned and patting my shoulder.

“Who cares? Woohoo party! I’m going to go get Ken to introduce me to some hot chicks!” Davis shouted, jumping up on the couch and jumping over the back to go do his thing.

Because of his sudden movements, I got jerked back from where his legs used to be. However, just before I could hit my hit, Tai had grabbed me by the arms.

“Okay I think I will slow down a bit…” I mumbled, crawling across to Tai and put my body weight onto him, leaning my head in his lap.

He then wrapped his arms around my shoulders, and I watched everyone look at each other at this sudden display of affection, but the glare I was giving them (and knowing Tai, he was doing the same) stopped them from speaking up.

Izzy then took the spot Davis was in, as Cody and Joe were too polite to take the spot and there was no point in having an empty spot.

I then felt Tai play with the ends of my hair, and I snuggled closer into him from feeling comfortable.

This was weird though…this didn’t mean anything, right? Friends do things like this all the time. Although Sora liked Tai, he has done stuff like this with her before, completely oblivious to her feelings for him.

Or maybe it’s just the alcohol and Tai and I are being flirty because we’re under the influence. But that means nothing; it’s just the alcohol.

“Comfy?” Tai asked me.

I’m not sure. Yes physically I am comfortable. But emotionally….I don’t know. This was weird, just days before Tai and I were enemies. Now we were showing each other affection, it was a lot to take in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yesss so happy! I've been planning out the next few parts since the start of the story and been looking forward to them. This story is about to get juicy. Very juicy.