Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter three

Each group around us were taking breakfast very differently. For example, the group on the table in front of us were all hysterically crying. The group next to us were all talking in an excited manner and were all laughing, sharing anecdotes of their summer.

Our group were different to everybody else. We were completely silent. We wouldn’t even look at each other as we munched on our toast and cereal.

It was finally upon us. I guess it didn’t really dawn on us until now. Our summer was over, and in a weeks time we’d just be resuming our normal lives. Even though mostly everybody would still see each other everyday, summer camp was a getaway. We had no school, we had no parents, and we lead different lives. All of that ended today.

I would miss Sora’s personality. It was so much like mine, and it was great to have a best friend, something I’d never had before.

I would miss Matt’s seriousness; sometimes he did pull me up on something I should be more serious about. I’d also miss trying to push him to his limits, knowing he couldn’t get too angry with me for being T.K.’s guardian at school.

I’d miss Joe being so cautious about everything, which saved me a few times this summer. I’d also miss teasing him about it too.

Even though I’d see T.K. regularly after camp, I’d miss seeing him admire his big brother, and his eyes lighting up when Matt did something noble.

I’d miss Kari for the same reason, the way she admired Tai and her reaction to him.

I’d miss stealing Izzy’s laptop and checking my emails, with him hovering around the computer afraid I’d break it. I’d also miss his constant computer advice, even if it got annoying after a little while.

I’d miss Mimi constantly harassing me about how I could look ‘soooo much prettier if I tried’ and taking on board her tips for any formal event I may go to in the near future.

And Tai…well I’d miss Tai. I wouldn’t lie and say he wasn’t so bad after all. He was still ANNOYING and I would think he’s ANNOYING for the rest of my life. But what we had was special, in a non-romantic way. We both loved to annoy each other; it was what we got up for in the morning. It made summer camp a lot of fun, and it was something I’d miss the most at this camp.

“I’m done eating. I can’t eat anymore.” Mimi said, pushing her bowl away from her.

I said nothing, but looked down at my food too. I was only forcing it in, I couldn’t eat.

As if on cue, everybody pushed their food away, not saying a word.

“Perhaps we should all go wait outside. Our parents will be here soon.” Joe suggested.
Everyone grumbled in agreement and got up, grabbing their suitcases on their way out. As everyone reached the door, one by one before they headed out they took one last look at the dining hall, before going out into the sunlight.

We made our way into the middle of the car park, and put our luggage down. Mimi, Joe and Izzy sat on the bench, Matt kept on standing, T.K. and Kari sat on the ground and Tai, Sora and I sat on our luggage.

“Why is this so hard? Come on guys, we’ll still speak to each other. Even T.K. and Scar, we all have emails you know.” Sora said.

“I will be signing up Scarlett for spam email, with Izzy’s help of course.” Tai grinned.

“No you won’t! If you want to annoy Scar, I’m not doing your dirty work!” Izzy groaned, brushing Tai off.

Everybody let out a giggle, but I let out a sigh and gave a bittersweet smile.

“I agree with Sora. There’s no point getting upset about this. We all had a great time, and will carry these memories for the rest of our life. Besides, the sooner we accept the fact it’s time to go home, the sooner camp will come around next year.” Matt explained.

Matt’s words seemed to hit home for everybody. Almost instantly everybody seemed to cheer about, and simple banter was exchanged between people. Everybody also began their cheery goodbyes.

The big goodbyes though, were to T.K and me. As it’s been mentioned a million times everybody would see everybody at school in a week. It was unknown when T.K. and I would be seen again, as we lived in completely different cities to everybody else.

So, the goodbyes were a little more emotional to us than the others.

Everybody greeted us one by one. Tai was last, and I was dreading his goodbye. This moment was going to be awkward as hell, because even though I’d miss annoying him, I wouldn’t miss him as a person, and I could tell he felt the same way about me.

We both awkwardly looked at each other when he got up from hugging T.K. goodbye.

“So um, it’s been nice annoying you all summer.” I said, clearing my throat awkwardly.

“Likewise.” Tai awkwardly replied.

I offered my hand to shake, and he lightly took it, shaking it for two seconds and dropping it instantly.

The first car to arrive appeared next to us. Tai and I instantly walked away from each other, and everybody focused on whose car it was.

T.K.’s mum was the one to step out.

Everybody quickly looked at the tension between her and Matt. As far as we knew, they hadn’t come face to face since the divorce. We were all ready for a heart-warming reunion, but Matt spoke up, making sure that wouldn’t happen.

“T.K., Scar you better run along now. It’s a big drive back.” Matt said coolly.

Nancy (T.K. and Matt’s mum) let out a sigh, but smiled when T.K. ran up to hug her. She span him around a little, and then put him down, put his luggage into the boot and then approached me.

She gave me a hug, and I hugged back. She was a good family friend. She helped me put my luggage into the boot as well, and then made her way to the driver’s seat.

T.K. and I shouted goodbye and waved before jumping into the backseat. As we drove past, Nancy gave a toot and we waved once again, everybody waving back until the next car pulled in.

“So did you both have a good time at camp?” Nancy asked us.

T.K. and I gave each other a look, and smiled. Amongst all the Digi Destined we had a mutual agreement not to tell our parents. We knew they wouldn’t believe us and think we’ve either all gone mad, or all playing a prank. And even if they did believe us, they’d go mad themselves with worry.

No, it was best kept a secret. Our best kept secret and our favourite one.

“It was so much fun! It was great seeing Matt again and all his friends! They were all SO nice and we did so much together and had SO much fun!” T.K. gushed.

“What about you, Scarlett? Did you enjoy your time?” Nancy asked me.

“It was…a lot of fun.” I replied slowly, smiling to myself and already recapping the whole ordeal with Tai in my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP:

- Nancy (T.K. and Matt's mum) is also picking up Scarlett, because she's a family friend of Scarlett's and Scarlett and T.K. live in the same city. It didn't make sense for the two mums to drive out for the same trip lol :3

- This is the last of the Digimon Adventure 01 parts. The next will fast forward a lot, to even past Digimon Adventure 02. They will all be in senior year of high school, yay!