Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter thirty two

After Tai and I were done with our shenanigans, we tidied up ourselves and plotted the perfect escape. We couldn’t just casually walk out of a room we had been in for a while and into the lounge room together. No, this had to be done carefully.

Tai was the first to exit, being gutsier than me. He carefully creeped out, and said he would open the door slightly when the coast was clear.

I heard some mumbled talking in the hallway; he must have run into someone we knew. Which was why I was surprised when he opened the door.

I stepped out, and saw Kari standing in the hallway.

“H-hey Kari.” I stuttered, looking at Tai wondering why he said it was okay to come out when it clearly wasn’t.

“It’s okay. I won’t tell anyone what you did in there. It’s nobody’s business but yours. Besides, I wouldn’t do anything to hurt my big brother.” Kari smiled at us two.

I sighed happily, she was right. Although Kari was a wonderful person in general anyway, Tai meant the absolute world to her and she’d do everything she could to him. This included keeping her mouth shut and keeping this from everybody.

However with my relaxation, came Tai’s tension. Out from the room in front of us (Ken’s parent’s) came T.K. without a shirt.

“Kari babe, what’s wrong?” He asked, but gulped when he saw Tai narrow his eyes at him.

“I’ll leave you all to it.” I grinned, finding Tai’s anger amusing considering he had told me he gave T.K. his blessing, but was about to renege on it due to the discovery of what he just saw.

I grabbed another drink from the fridge, and made my way back into the lounge room. However, a new figure appeared, standing awkwardly on the wall as they watched everybody in their already established groups for the night chatting away.

I grinned, and made my way towards them.

“Hey, finally made it?” I exclaimed.

“Yeah. Oh god, tennis practise went on FOREVER. We couldn’t use the courts for a while because the peewee tennis matches dragged on, and we couldn’t just kick kids off the courts. So we had to wait. Luckily Matt called me just as I was leaving and offered me a lift since it was on the way.” Sora explained to me.

I was silent for a second. Her and Matt in a car together, alone, for half an hour. My drunken state could not hide the jealous thoughts that flashed through my mind.

“That’s good then. Are you guys back together or something?” I asked, not bitterly but a lot more openly than I would if I were sober.

“What? No way! Matt knew I was going to the party late, and he knew where my courts were because he used to drive me when we did go out. He knew they were on the way, so he offered to take me.” Sora defended, a little too quickly and harshly for my drunken state to accept.

I put my drink to my lips and downed it quickly for an excuse not to talk.

“So, where’s Tai?” Sora asked, giving me a nudge.

For the first time in my life, I felt myself being annoyed at Sora. During summer camp when I was twelve I was always annoyed at Mimi for hogging the bathroom, complaining about anything that wasn’t to her liking and being a diva in general.

Not Sora though. She was always there for me, and we were so alike. But her spending time with Matt, and lusting after Tai was annoying me. It shouldn’t, Matt was her ex and Matt called things off with me, and Tai and I weren’t exactly official yet or anything.

Knowing I was being stupid and not wanting to fight with her, I gave her a weak smile.

“He’s in the hallway. He was talking to T.K. and Kari last time I saw him. You should go find him; I’ll be alright here. We can catch up later” I shrugged; hiding my giggles at realising what Sora would see when she found him.

“Thanks a lot Scarlett, you’re a true friend. I’ll catch up with you later.” Sora stated, and gave my shoulder a pat before running off quickly to the hall.

I looked around, and because the party was so packed I didn’t see anyone I knew. Besides Davis, who was actually successfully flirting with some girl, who had stolen the goggles Tai had given him and put them on her head. If I even waved at him, I knew I was going to get it.

I decided to go out for a walk to get some fresh air. Maybe not the smartest thing to do when I was this drunk, but I knew it was time to stop drinking and start to sober up, and a trip down the road to the twenty-four hour McDonalds was a good start. Besides, Ken’s area is even safer than downtown Odaiba which is where the others and me lived.

As I was making my way down the corridor, I heard someone call out my name. I spun around, to see Matt chasing after me.

“Matt? Hey.” I replied, in an effort to hide my surprise that he was following me.

“I saw you leaving, and I realised how drunk you probably were, so I thought I’d come and see if you’re okay and possibly drive you home.” Matt offered me.

“I’m not drunk.” I scowled, taking a step forward but then stumbling to the ground, giggling madly even though I knew I’d be covered in bruises tomorrow.

“You were saying?” Matt asked, giving me a look of disbelief.

“Okay! I am, hahahaha. That’s why I left, I wanted to get Mc Donald’s to sober up and then come back.” I stated.

“There’s no way in hell you’re coming back, you’re way too drunk. Come on Scarlett, I’ll take you to Mc Donald’s first but then you’re going home. Angie would kill me if she knew you were like this.” Matt gruffly stated, grabbing my arm.

I however, pushed him off me.

“Well then I’m not getting into a car with you. I will scream if you try.” I warned Matt, pointing my finger at him and taking a few steps back, but managed to stumble over again.

Matt ran to my side and picked me up.

“Come on Scarlett, please don’t scream. How do you expect to grab Mc Donald’s if you can’t even take two steps forward? I’ll take you, and we’ll see if you can make it back.” Matt said soothingly to me, as he helped me walk down the corridor.

“I’m only doing this for the Mc Donald’s, not for you, not to make you look like a hero and not for you to get in trouble with my mother.” I scowled at him.

“It’s only for the Mc Donald’s. Got it.” Matt smiled, finally seeing light in my current state.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOHOO! This story is BACK. Would have been out earlier but I got into a MASSIVE Facebook fight, pathetic I know, but I was attacked first and after heaps of attempts of making peace with the attackers they finally blocked me.