Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter thirty seven

Word travelled fast about the 'bitch fight' between Sora and I. Many people offered me their condolences, but no one approached Sora. I guess it was seen that Matt's fan girls now saw me as the enemy, and they say to keep your enemies closer...

Sora was now nothing to Matt. Not even a friend. She was just some girl he used to date. This also meant Matt's true friends (outside the Digi Destined) had no reason to talk to her about what happened.

Speaking about the Digi Destined... Well boy, now weren't we divided.

The new Digi Destined were safe from drama. They usually hung out amongst themselves at lunch, so they could easily stay neutral. Their biggest drama today was Davis' whining at T.K. And Kari becoming official.

Joe and Mimi were let off easily too. Obviously Mimi was in New York and didn't have to see Matt, Tai, Sora or I. However she still spoke to Sora and I regularly, and I knew she'd have to hear both of our ranting. Joe would be OK though, because he attended a different school and never saw any of us anyway.

So the only person left in the middle was Izzy. Even then he could easily avoid conflict during school hours as he usually spent lunch times in the computer lab with his computer lab.

Weekends would be another issue though. Everybody would have to divide their time carefully, and trips to the Digi world (which we still had yet to do) would now be tricky. At least I could go by myself.
Word travelled fast about the 'bitch fight' between Sora and I. Many people offered me their condolences, but no one approached Sora. I guess it was seen that Matt's fan girls now saw me as the enemy, and they say to keep your enemies closer...

Sora was now nothing to Matt. Not even a friend. She was just some girl he used to date. This also meant Matt's true friends (outside the Digi Destined) had no reason to talk to her about what happened.

Speaking about the Digi Destined... Well boy, now weren't we divided.

The new Digi Destined were safe from drama. They usually hung out amongst themselves at lunch, so they could easily stay neutral. Their biggest drama today was Davis' whining at T.K. And Kari becoming official.

Joe and Mimi were let off easily too. Obviously Mimi was in New York and didn't have to see Matt, Tai, Sora or I. However she still spoke to Sora and I regularly, and I knew she'd have to hear both of our ranting. Joe would be OK though, because he attended a different school and never saw any of us anyway.

So the only person left in the middle was Izzy. Even then he could easily avoid conflict during school hours as he usually spent lunch times in the computer lab with his computer lab.

Weekends would be another issue though. Everybody would have to divide their time carefully, and trips to the Digi world (which we still had yet to do) would now be tricky. At least I could go by myself.

It was clear Sora, Tai, Matt and I could no longer be in the same room together unless we absolutely had to.
It was clear Sora, Tai, Matt and I could no longer be in the same room together unless we absolutely had to. Which would make things awkward for that group P.E. project, but here's hoping to no communication and scraping through with a bare pass.

It was unfortunate things had to turn out this way, but I played a big role in it. If I didn't do stupid things when I was drunk with Tai, and eased into dating Matt with Sora knowing, things would have turned out a lot better. I could have had my cake and eaten it too.

***

As I had met Matt's mum a lot of times, he wanted me to meet his Dad that weekend. Even though Matt's mum had moved to Odaiba a while ago with T.K, Matt decided to keep living with his father. He had settled into his father's apartment, and he also said even though he had repaired his relationship with his mother, he still got along with his dad better.

His Dad's apartment was pretty sweet though. It was right in the heart of down town Odaiba, so it was nice and close to everything.

T.K. was also over this weekend as well. Their Dad lived closer to the Kamiya residence, so I knew this would be a regular occurrence.

There was also the fact that T.K. and Kari became official this week. So Matt's dad wanted to officially meet the girlfriends, even though he had met both Kari and I before.

I was a little nervous to be in the same room as Kari. I hadn't seen her since the whole Tai Sora thing, so this would be awkward.

I saw Matt's car pull up in my apartment cat park. I was already waiting, so I ran up to him and jumped in the car.

"Hey beautiful." Matt smiled at me, planting a quick peck on my lips.

"What a nice way to be greeted. I could get used to that." I smiled back.

"You should. It's the truth." Matt shrugged.

"So you said you told your Dad about us? How'd he react?" I asked Matt, deciding to not press the beautiful comment further.

"Um, he was cool with it. Shocked, kinda. I'd told him not too long ago I wanted to take my band further and finish school before I started another relationship, but here I am. He said I must mean a lot to you and be a special girl. I told him I agree." Matt smirked at me.

"You mean a lot to me too." I smiled at him.

I was beginning to feel a little worried. Here Matt was saying all these nice things about me, and wast receiving any back. What if he thought I was rude, or worse, moved on.

"How'd he take Kari and T.K.?" I askedlMatt curiously.

"All he did was laugh. That one he saw coming a mile away. He even told Mum, she had the same reaction." Matt explained.

"That sucks. When we finally tell our Mums, they're going to make a big fuss out of it. I wish they would react that way." I sighed.

"I guess if your dreams of marrying your two eldest kids off to live in a cottage by the sea with ten kids comes true, you should celebrate." Matt joked.

"I tried to tell my mum about it the other night but she wouldn't listen. She was getting ready to go out, so she wasn't listening. I think she has a boyfriend. Either that, or her mid life crisis is a lot worse than I thought." I stated.

"Would you care if she had a boyfriend?" Matt asked curiously.

"No, not at all. It's a whole lot better than Dad's girlfriend that's my age." I shrugged.

Matt went silent, but gave me a pat on the thigh. He knew all about that drama, I told him when we first started dating.

"So, how long until we get there?" I asked Matt.

"Not too much longer. However it's going to take longer than usual. Because when we get out I'm going to want to cuddle and kiss you." Matt smirked.

***

"This is really nice Mr. Ishida. What ingredients did you use?" Kari asked Matt's dad politely

"A take out menu and a phone." Matt's dad laughed.

"Yo Darren, nice choice of take out. It's excellent. Compliments to the chef, the person who decided on where to get the good food." I replied, taking a bite out of my food.

Kari was a polite person, however I wasn't. I was also skipping the formalities. Matt's dad was a journalist, he wasn't the most impersonal person. Therefore I was on first name basis with him, before he could even request it. I think he liked me.

"That's good to hear Scarlett. I like that my son has a great choice in women, just like his food. I'd say the same about T.K. but his food choices aren't as wise as his taste in women." Darren winked at us.

Kari turned a shade of red, but I grinned. I wish my Dad was this cool, and I wish his taste in food was aged cheese and not cheap young lamb fresh from the slaughter house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if there's any errors. This part was completely written and posted from my phone. I'll go back and proof read after work.