Status: Finished

Baby, We're Like a Time Bomb

Epilogue

Image

One year later

The brown haired 24 year old wandered around the cold and abandoned streets of his hometown. Even though it was early March it was still very cold. He pulled his jacket closer around his body and shivered a little. He could feel his phone buzz in his pocket, but decided to ignore it, not in the mood to talk to anyone.

He looked at his watch and saw it was already passed four. He hadn’t been home all day and still didn’t feel like going back. Wandering through the familiar streets kept him distracted, kept his mind of the date. Because today was exactly one year ago since he’d last seen or heard anything from her.

Alex, who was at the point of freezing to dead, figured it would be a good idea to get a coffee to warm up . Slowly he made his way to his favorite coffee shop. When he passed the window a flash of red caught his eye. The color seemed to familiar so he quickly made his way inside the almost empty coffee shop.

There were only three people inside, a couple and a girl, a year younger than him, with bright, fiery red hair, wearing black skinny jeans and simple white shirt, a pair of red converse completing her outfit. Alex felt like he’d gone back in time as he approached the familiar figure.

“J-Jasey? Is that you?” His voice barely a whisper. The girl spun around in her seat to look at him, her big brown eyes widened when she realized who he was. “Alex!” She squealed and flung her arms around his neck. “Oh my god. Sit down. How are you?” She motioned him to sit down.

He took the seat across from her and looked at her. “You look…..” He started. “Different?” Jasey tried.” Alex shook his head. “No, not different…. You look like yourself again.” He smiled a little. “I feel like myself again.” Jasey laughed. “I actually hated the way I looked last time I saw….”

She stopped talking, realizing what she’d just said. Her smile dropped. “Alex I’m sorry. I know it wasn’t fair to leave you like that, but…” “It’s okay Jasey. You made your decision and I…. managed to accept that.” Alex interrupted, not wanting her to blame herself. “So how was England?” He asked casually.

“It was good.” Jasey tried to smile, but it wasn’t very convincing. “I’ve been working in a studio as an assistant, I’ve learned a lot during that. After 6 months I got a job at some fashion magazine as their photographer. It was fun and it paid good, but most of the girls I had to work with were a nightmare.” She scrounged her nose a little as she remembered the whining and demanding girl she had to work with during dozens of shoots. “That’s why I quit two weeks ago.”

Alex nodded slowly. “Is that why you came back?” “Yep, there was nothing left there for me so I decided to come back. And also because I was…. lonely. I missed my friends.” Jasey smiled again. “So you’re back for good?” Alex asked, hope clearly audible in his voice. “Yes.” Jasey said slowly. “Yeah, I think I am.”

“Good.” Alex smiled a little for the first time since he’d entered the shop. “So why did you came to Baltimore? I mean it most of your family doesn’t even life anywhere near this place.” “Well I haven’t spoken to my mom in over a year to be honest and you know I can’t stand most of my family. I came here to visit my cousin. Figured it would be a good excuse to see you and the guys again.” She confessed with a small chuckle.

“So, how is Sofia doing?” Jasey asked casually. “Don’t know. Don’t care.” Alex huffed. “Alex! You can’t say things like that about your wife.” Jasey said sternly. “That stupid whore is not my wife.” Alex responded flatly. “She’s not?” Jasey said confused. “But I thought….. You did go through with the wedding right?” She asked softly.

“I did.” Alex said calmly, taking a sip of his coffee. “What happened?” Jasey asked carefully. “She cheated on me. She has been ever since were together. Turned out she only wanted the fame and the money. I found out 3 months after the wedding. I confronted her and she got furious. She started screaming that I’d done the same, which is true by the way, but I stopped that affair two weeks before the wedding. Besides she had been cheating ever since I asked her out, my affair with Stella only lasted a couple of months.” He took another sip before continuing.

“She walked out and I immediately filed for a divorce. She signed it and I never heard from her after that.” Alex shrugged. The whole thing wasn’t that big of a deal to him, he was actually glad Sofia was out of the picture.

“I’m sorry Alex, I really though Sofia loved you.” Jasey placed her hand on top of his. “Yeah, I don’t really care. She never was the one I wanted.” Alex said, looking straight into her eyes. “I know.” Jasey whispered and pulled her hand away.

“So…. how about you? Met anyone back in England?” Alex tried to sound indifferent, but the truth was that he was dying to know. “Nope, I mean I had a couple of dates, even a handful of second dates, but nothing serious.” She shrugged. “Oh.” Was all Alex said.

They talked for a little while longer until Jasey had to go. “It was good seeing you again Alex.” She bit her lip nervously. “I know last time we spoke things weren’t….. you know.” “I know.” Jasey chuckled a little. “I’m just…. I know were not on the best terms right now, but after this, you think we could catch up sometime? Maybe try to be friends again?” Jasey asked hopefully. She wanted so much more that to just be friends with Alex, especially now that they were both single.

But they couldn’t, not after last time. Jasey knew damn well that last time had really been her last change and she’d thrown it away. After spending the past hour with Alex she’d realized how much she’d screwed up by leaving. Being friends with Alex was even more than she could hope for.

Alex seemed to think that too, because he nodded in agreement. “Friends….. yeah sure, I guess. Just give me a call our something.” Jasey bit her lip again, not because she was nervous, but to keep the tears in that were threatening to spill.

“I-I will. Bye Alex.” She choked out and kept herself from running out of the coffee shop.
Alex turned around to watch her leave, but only got a glimpse of her bright red hair. He sat back and sighed. He was glad Jasey was back, he’d missed her so much.

He looked at the empty seat across him. ‘How many chances do I get to screw up’, he thought and quickly got up. He ran out the shop, looking for Jasey. He finally saw her, not too far away yet.

“Jasey!” He yelled. “Jasey wait!” And run to catch up with her. Jasey turned around at the sound of her name and saw the brown haired boy who would always have her heart, no matter what, coming after her.

“What’s wrong Alex?” She asked, her voice shaking, afraid he’d changed his mind and that he didn’t want to see her again after all. “Did you forget something?” She tried to keep her voice steady, but was failing miserably.

Alex nodded, trying to catch his breath. “Yes, yes I did.” He finally managed to say and pulled her closer, crashing his lips against hers. “This.” He whispered once he let go. “You’re the only girl for me Jasey Rae, I love you.”

Jasey smiled. “I love you too Alex.” That was all he needed to hear before kissing her again.

They didn’t know what the future would be like, or what it would hold for them, the only thing they were certain of was that they would spent it together.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END

There you go guys, the happy ending everyone has been waiting for, I hope you like it.
There's not gonna be a sequel. Or at least not for now, who knows, maybe I'll write one one day, but IF I do it's not gonna be anytime soon.

I wanna thank everyone who read/subscribed/commented on this story. I love you all so much, you're the reason I keep writing.

Let me know what you think of the end in a comment.

Love, Felicia

BTW: I have a contest
Please join (if you want to) <3