Sweet Child Of Mine

Part One

/\/\..10 years ago../\/\

"Tell them honey, tell them what you saw Mattew do.." My mother urged me.
"I..I saw.." I stuttered, clutching my little teddy bear Eddie in my arms "I saw Daddy hit mommy.."

"You put her up to this!" He screamed at my mother, "You stupid bitch! You made her say that!" He protested. Withinn moments my father was handcuffed, arrested and carted away to the police station.

In the same day, me and my mother moved away to London, England. She said it was to start a new life, away from the supposed monster, she called her husband. When we reached the airport we were greated by a man, who I've seen a few times before. He usually came over to the house when daddy was out or away. I didn't like the man very much, he seemed creepy. When he met mommy he kissed her like daddy usually did.

"Mommy..Will we ever see Daddy again?" I asked quielty, playing with the small silver locket my father had given me as a present one year, as we were sitting on the plane.

A grin spread across her make-up covered face. "No..We'll never see him again..."

/\/\..Present Day../\/\

"Alright! Alright! Im going! Im going!" I cried at the man that has been know as my step-father, who had started yelling at me once again.My mother just looked on and shook her head at me..Why did she hate me so much!

My life has been miserable for the past 10 years. It's my 15th birthday next week, and just like all my other birthday's, I got to work in the Hard Rock Cafe in London, as well as attending school. Working there was my escape from the hell I call home. Although I'm not ment to work there because I'm too young, the boss made an exception for me because he said I was a hard worker.

I grabbed my things and quickly left the house, after a 10 minute walk I was in the cafe and starting to set up for the day. In the staff locker room, I took off my jacket and put it onto the locker. Jenny was in there. "Heya hun, you okay?" She asked, Jenny was 21 years old, the older sister I never had, she knew what went on at home. I gave her a look of sadness, which she knew all too well "Not Again! Alex you really need to tell someone." She said as she hugged me. I just shook my head and hugged back. Then we headed back down stairs to set up for the day.

Me, Jenny and Liam were setting up the dining area, we had the doors open to let the air in, even though we didn't open up for another hour. We were singing and dancing along to a song that was being played through the restaurant. We had set up half of the tables when a customer walked in through the door, "You guys open yet?" He asked taking off his sunglasses. Jenny looked at me as if to say 'You tell him.' I turned around and looked at the guy.

He was really tall, and I mean..Really, really tall! He also had alot of tattoo's on his arms, and very dark hair that almost fell into his eyes. I got the feeling I knew this guy from somewhere, but saying that so many people come here be it for lunch or a drink, it was probably someone I've seen before.

"No sorry, we're not open for another hour," I replied. He looked at me for a moment, as if trying to work out who I was. After a few moments he nodded his head and put his sunglasses back on,"Oh okay." He mumbled "Be back in an hour." Then he left.

"What's that look for?" Liam asked. I just shook my head and told him to forget it.

/\/\..An Hour Later../\/\

"Shizen-haben! This place is busy today!" I joked as I walked past Jenny, on my way to another table to take an order. In the Cafe we, as the staff, we always have to be happy and cheery, which came quite easily to me. I approached the table where 5 guys were sat, the one I remembered from earlier on, the tall one who was an hour early. The others were like him, covered in tattoos, piercings and all had dark hair. As I was getting closer I tied up my fiery red hair that had black tips and let my fringe fall over my right eye and put on a smile. Again the feeling that I knew theses guys kicked in.

"Hey your the guy from earlier." I said waving at him, he gave me a smile and waved back "So what can I get you guys?" They all ordered their drinks and their meals and then I left them be. 45 Minutes later, when I was on my break sitting at the very quiet bar area of the restaurant, two of the guys came to pay the bill. I sat in my seat drinking my coke and every so often fiddled with the silver locket that hung around my neck. One guy was the tall one from earlier and the other was well built, dark slicked back hair, and was wearing black avaitors inside.

Just as they were paying their bill, Jenny called me "Alex! Get your scrawney butt to the phone! The bitc- I mean your mother," She quickly corrected herself "Is on the phone." When my name was mentioned, the guy with the aviators looked at me, and I looked at him. We stared at each other for a moment, then I leaned over the bar and picked up the phone, as I leant forward my locket hung, clearly visable from my neck. I listened to my mothers orders on the phone, then finished up the call and sat back down in my seat. As I sat down the two guys came over to me, I knew I'd seen them before but where.

"Your a wicked waitress!" The tall guy said.
"Well..So they say..." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes. But the other dude, with the avaiators kept staring at me, like he was working me out.
"That's a really nice locket.." He said in a husky voice as the other paid the bill.
"Oh,I looked down at it, "Thanks my dad got it for me for my third birthday.." I trailed off.

He looked like he was about to say something when out of the blue Liam called me "Hey Lex! Could kinda use a hand up here!" I nodded at him before he walked off.

"Well it was nice meeting you." I smiled back at them, before jumping off the stool and carrying on with my job.

/\/\..Matt's POV../\/\

I watched as she walked away. The suddenly feeling of joy ran through my body, I continued to watch her walk away, until Jimmy broke me out of my trance.

"Matt.." He mumbled. "Matt..That was her wasn't it?..." Jimmy asked

I slowly look back at him, then back at Alex, as she waited on a couple sitting at a table. Then I slowly nodded.

"Yeah Jimmy..That's her.." The expression on my face never changing"..that's my daughter..."
♠ ♠ ♠
..That's the first part of a story I've got on Quizilla. Comment/Feedback is really appreciated..