Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Twenty-Three

"So what would 'N' be equal to in this equation Miss. Sanders?" Mrs. Wilcox, the ancient math teacher asked me.

My face went blank. I was not paying the slightest bit of attention. "Erm...." I quickly looked around at Jem and Vicky for an answer, they just shrugged.

"It's 4.7805." A voice muttered to me.

"4.7805!" I grinned at Mrs.Wilcox, who glared at me from under her glasses, before turning back to the blackboard. I turned in my seat to look at Jay who had given me the answer. He smiled at me and I smiled back. We had a few of the same classes together, so we talked from time to time, but we didn't know each other that well.

"Miss. Sanders turn to the front!" Mrs. Wilcox ordered, so I did as I was told, giving the back of her head a mock glare.

Vicky turned around and smirked at me, before mouthing the words 'You love him.' to me, about Jay.

I shook my head, and balled my hand up into a fist, threatening her with the 'I will kick your ass' look.

Mrs Wilcox continued to ramble on about useless equations, which seemed to get more and more depressing by the moment, "So if we take P as 79.743 then-"

The classroom door suddenly burst open, causing everyone to turn to look at who just fell into the class.

It was Brian...

His eyes darted around all of us, until he found me. "Alex! Quick we gotta go! No time to explain!" He yelled in one very quick breath.

"Excuse me but how dare you intrude on my lesson!" Mrs. Wilcox yelled at him, pointing a crocked finger at him.

Brian totally ignored her, and urged me to hurry up. I bet the class was enjoying this little scene as opposed to Maths.

"Brian! I just can't leave in the middle of a lesson!" I exclaimed to him, standing up.

Rolling his eyes at my remark, he proceeded to weave his ways through the single desk that people were sitting at, then picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder before taking off running back out of the class.

"I'll catch up!!!" I yelled as we exited the classroom.

We were currently in Brian's car, we as in Brian, Johnny, Jimmy and I. No-one had said anything about why I was, literally, dragged out of school, which was causing me to worry.

"Where's Dad?" I asked Johnny timidly.

He just sighed and but his lip. "We'll see him in a minute."

I shook my head. "Seriously what the hell is going on! I mean why the hell was I dragged out of-"

"We're here." Brian stated sternly, as he parked up the car.

My eyes widened in shock. "The hospital!" I yelled, as I got out the car. "Is dad okay?!" I demanded.

"He's fine. C'mon." Brian added, as he took off to the hospital entrance at a fast pace.I was literally dragged into the hospital!

Why are we here? What the hell is going on? Why isn't anyone telling me anything! All of these questions ran through my mind.

Someone suddenly called Brian's name, causing me and Brian to turn around. It was Michelle.

He quickly ran over to her and embraced her in a hug, before grabbing her hand and following Johnny and Jimmy through the corridor.

No sooner than 30 seconds later, we were outside one of the hospital rooms. As we reached it, a nurse came out and gave a forced smile.

Johnny reached up and knocked on the door very quietly.

"Come in." A very hoarse, croaky voice replied. It was dad.

One by one, we began to file into the room. By now I realized it must have been Val's.

I was last to enter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short

Enjoy.

x