Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Twenty-Six

Few weeks later

School had finished for the weekend, thank God. Dad and Val were picking me up, us three were heading over to the beach to meet up with the others

As usual dad was late picking me up, hence the reason I was sat on the small wall outside school. Lucky for me it was a nice say, so I didn't mind waiting.

Suddenly, everything went black, as I felt two hands cover my eyes, causing me to let out a scream.

"Guess who!"

I paused to think. "Jay?"

"Damn your good Sanders." Jay laughed, pulling his hands away from my face and sat next to me on the wall. "How come your still here?"

I laughed lightly. "My dads late, as usual. Let me guess...You had detention?"

He nodded. "I tried hiding in the changing rooms, during gym."

I snorted. "Yeah, because that's not the first place the teacher would look for you?"

Jay fake glared. "Shut it you!" He shoved me playfully.

I held up my hands as if in defense. "Just being honest!" Our laughter soon died down.

"Uh Alex," Jay started, rubbing the back of her neck nervously, "There's a local band playing in Chain Reaction tomorrow...I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go check them out and maybe get a bite to eat after wards." He mumbled shyly.

I could see my Dad's Escalade pulling up by the curb and the horn beeped.

I jumped off the wall turning back to face Jay. "Actually I'd really like that. I've always wanted to go to Chain Reaction." I smiled back at him.

A grin broke out on Jay's face. "That's awesome. Can I get your address?"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a red sharpie. "Got any paper?" Jay just grinned and shook his head, holding out his arm. Rolling my eyes, I began to scribble my address up his arm. Dad beeped the car horn again.

"Alright! Just a minute!" I yelled at the car. I finished scribbling and capped the lid on the sharpie.

"So I guess I'll pick you up at say...6:30pm?" Jay asked looking at me.

I nodded. "That's great...I would hug you but my dad is more than likely watching ever move I make, from behind those tinted windows." I laughed, picking up my bag. "So I'll see you tomorrow."

Jay waved me good-bye as I walked towards the car. Getting into the backseat, I was instantly met with my dad's aviator covered face. "Who was he?"

I put my seat belt on. "A friend." I rolled my eyes.

"Why was he talking to you?" Dad questioned.

I smirked. "Why were you late?"

"Hey! I asked you a question first!" He stated like a child, including the pout.

"Matt stop it!" Val stated, shoving his shoulder, making him face forwards and start driving. "I'm sure he was only talking to Alex about some homework, right?" Val turned to look at me with a knowing smirk on her face. Damn she's good...

"Yeah..." I stated, returning the smirk. "Just homework."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler part, but it lead up to the next part.
Sorry for not updating this, I had major writers block, hence the time relapse in it.

Peace out
x