Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Five

"Say hello to your father Alex..."

I stared at my mother wide eyed. The others gasped from behind me as my mother glared at at Matt. Turning to face the guys and Jenny, tears began to prick. "You all knew about this...And you didn't tell me?" I asked.

They all just avoided my gaze, exept Matt who just looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

My mother just smirked and grabbed my arm "Your coming home with us."

Stepping forward, Matt growled at my mother "She doesn't have to go anywhere she doesn't want to." With that my step-dad took a step towards Matt and glared at him.

"I don't think you should talk to my wife like that." He spat. "Your gonna regret it."

"Make me." Challenged Matt. Withing second, both men lurched forward at each other as fist began to fly. I backed away from the unfolding fight, as my mother let my arm go. Shouts began to fill the room, as Brian and Johnny tried to pry Matt off my Step-dad. As I backed into the doorway, the fight came to a stop. Matt was being held back by Brian and Johnny, while Jimmy stood in the middle of Matt and my step dad keeping them away from each other.

I had to get out off there. I walked backwards towards the doorway. Jenny saw me. "No. Alex, please don't." She said softly. I shook my head and took off running out of the door.

"ALEX!" Matt yelled after me.

Running until my feet could take no more, and my tears fell, I ended up at the Park about a mile away. I stood looking into the dark river that flowed before me. Sitting down, I hugged my knee's to my chest and cried my little heart out.

"How could I be so stupid!" I yelled in frustration, as the tears fell from my eyes.

"Your not stupid."

I quickly stood up and took several steps backwards towards the fast flowing river. Looking back to where the voice came from, out of the bushes, emerged Matt followed by Jenny.

"Stay away from me!" I cried. "Your both Liars!" I faced them and had my back to the river.

Matt took a step towards me. "Alex, we didn't mean to hurt you." He said camly, "I never wanted you to find out that way."

"It's not like I haven't bee hurt or lied to my whole life!" I screeched again, taking two more steps backwards.

"Alex, come away from the river edge hun, lets talk about this." Jenny said, motioning me to step towards her with her hand.

"NO! I'm done with talking!" I took another careless step backwards. "No-one ever listens to me! No-on ever lov-" Before I could finish my sentence, the ground beneath me gave way. I plumited into to the fast flowing river.

The water was so cols it felt like a thousand needles pricking at my body, as I went under the water. The current kept dragging me further and deeper into the water, draining me of air.

/\/\.Matt's POV./\/\
My eyes widdened as Alex plumited into the river. I rushed to the edge of the banking, searching for any signs of Alex in the dark water.

Jenny rushed over after me, "She can't swim!" She cried.

Without thinking twice, I dived into the icey water. Surfacing, I swam in the direction of the current. "Alex!" I yelled through a mouthful of water. "Alex!"

"Matt!" She cried out. It sounded like she was being carried further down the river. I couldn't see her because it was so dark, but I culd hear her.

"Alex! I need you to keep shouting for me!" I yelled. I'll never forgive myself if anything happens to her. I thought to myself.

I used my arms to push myself faster down the river, following the cries of help, coming from Alex. Her voice began to louder. I must be getting closer. "Alex! Hold on in there for me!"

"Matt I can't!" She cried.

Not far ahead of me, I could see splashing. Quickly, I swam faster towards Alex, praying she was alright. "Alex, wrap your arms around me neck." I commanded, whilst holding her above the water.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, her body was shaking from the cold. Using the little strength I had left, I swam as best I could to a sloping part of the river banking.

I managed to pull Alex and myself out of the river and onto the banking. "It's okay. I got you now." I shushed Alex. She was still shivering and started to cry. I pulled her close to my chest, in attempts to keep her warm, even though we were both soaking wet.

"Matt!"

I looked up and saw Jenny running towards us, followed by Zacky, Johnny, Brian and Jimmy. Jenny quickly came over to me and Alex on the floor. "You two are freezing! We need to get you both to a hospital."

"No!" Alex yelped. "No! I don't want to go!"

"It's okay. It's okay. We won't go." I said, I still kept her close to my body, trying to keep her calm.

"Lets go back to the hotel, it's not far from here." Stated Johnny. We all agreed it was best.

I tried to stand carrying Alex, but I just didn't have any strength. "Let me carry Alex," Brian knelt down infront of me and Alex and took off his jacket."Put this on." He told Alex. She hesitated to move out of my grip, but eventually put on his jacket and let him pick her up bridal style.

Jimmy and Zacky came over and helped me stand up, then put my arms over their shoulder and supported me while I walked.
♠ ♠ ♠
x..Comments..x