Raise Your Glass 'Cause We're Poppin' Champagne

Pre-Concert Jitters

-Alex-

I didn't tell Brooke about the text I got from Lisa. I just deleted it and called her.

"Hello?" Lisa answered. "Alex?"

"What do you want Lisa?" I said machanically as I stepped out of the hotel room.

"Alex, I'm really depressed right now. I just needed someone to talk to because my heart is broken." She sobbed.

"And what have you learned from bed-hopping?"

"It's not a boyfriend heartbreak. My mom just died last night, Alexander, and I really need you. I do. I understand if you don't want to talk to me or have anything to do to with me, but please understand that I apologize for all the heartaches I've caused you. And I hope and pray that you'll forgive me, I really do. You're my only comfort zone. You always were." Lisa said. I rolled my eyes.

"Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. And I can't promise you any forgiveness. So, bye.' I said before hanging up in her face.

-Brooke-

"Are we all ready?" Matt hollered over the voices of screming fans.

"Yeah, dude. Let's get on stage and rock Las Vegas' world!" Alex hooted. Everyone hooted and cheered. I didn't even open my mouth. I was so freaking nervous, I could feel my skin turning green and the vomit rising in my throat. Alex laced his fingers with mine and kissed my cheek. "Don't be nervous, love. All you gotta do is prance around and look pretty."

"Right." I replied dizzily.

"Seriously. Just take deep breaths and smile." Is all I had to remember to get me through the concert.