Raise Your Glass 'Cause We're Poppin' Champagne

Finally some alone time.

-Brooke-

"This is your house?" I asked breathlessly as Alex and I stepped into his home. He smiled and nodded.

"Home sweet home. Hope you like the new digs." He said tossing his car keys onto the couch. I just looked around wide-eyed.

"I've always wanted to be inside your house. This is a dream come true." I said mesmerized. I frowned when I saw pictures of Alex and Lisa. Prom pictures in frames. Pictures of them kissing. Just seeing them together makes me sick to my stomach. But the sickness faded when Alex snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"How 'bout some wine?" He asked before kissing my neck. I rolled my eyes.

"Never. I'm more of a champagne girl." I said melting into him. He hummed.

"Poppin' champagne it is." He joked. Alex poured two glasses of champagne in less than fifteen minutes. "For you." He said handing me a glass with a seductive smile.

"Thank you. What a gentleman."

"Anything for ma lady." He said before taking a quick swig of his drink.

*2 hours later of a whole champagne bottle*

We lay on the couch, clothes scattered across the living room floor, Alex's car keys digging into my back. Alex was trailing kisses everywhere. From my mouth to my feet. His hands cradled my sensitive breasts and it drove me mad.

"Just fuck me already!" I groaned when Alex was back to my neck. He chuckled at my impatient behavior and shook his head.

"I have to savor you first, Brooklynn. You know I love you." He said raining kisses on my belly. I pulled his keys from under me.

I groaned again. "If you loved me so much you'd fuck me like an animal already!" I laughed.

"In a minute." Alex said waving a hand in my face. I rolled my eyes and out of nowhere, he drove himself inside me, causing me to scream.

*the next morning*

"You two did what? What the hell, Brooke!" Tori screeched in my ear. She and I were sitting on Jack's couch talking. After I told her what happened between Alex and I last night, she was bouncing on her butt and squealing like a total prep.

I smacked the back of her head and laughed. She shoved my arm playfully with her fist and grinned very wide.

"You and smacking people, Brooke. You need to take some classes. 'Cause I'm gettin' real tired of it." Victoria giggled. I cracked up but then quickly stopped when Alex and Jack walked through the front door.

"It's pretty damn rainy for it to be the middle of effing June." Alex said tossing his sopping wet hood off his head and shaking his hair dry. Causing water to fly onto Tori, Jack, and I.

"Damn it, Gaskarth!" Jack and Tori hollered in unison. Alex and I laughed.

"Sorry. I was wet." Alex chuckled sitting next to me.

"Appartently, so was Brooke last night." Tori blurted. I punched her in the arm and blushed. Alex looked at her horrified, then he looked at me.

"You told her?" Alex asked me in a low voice.

"Why not? She's my best friend. I tell her everything." I answered with a nonchalant shrug.

"Wait. You mean...no way! Ew! Tell me!" Jack laughed jumping onto Tori's lap. She screamed in pain but then laughed it off.

"Brooke and I had sex. End of story." Alex said with a sly smile. I smiled and blushed redder than before. Alex rubbed my back and kissed my cheek three times.

"Brooklynn Valentine, you did remind him to use protection, right? Alex is new to sex." Jack said seriously.

"You and Lisa never fucked?!" Toria asked shocked. Alex frowned and shook his head.

"Lisa's gone for good now. I don't think she'll wanna bother Alex anymore." I said running my fingers through his hair.

"You killed her?" Jack and Victoria asked similtaniously.

"NO!" Alex and I shouted at them.

"I don't want to speak about her. Ever. Just leave it at that." Alex said.

Later that day, the sun came out in the evening and Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack, Victoria, and I spent our day at the beach. Zack and Alex got every kind of tension cleared up between them. Zack and I are just close friends and we'll stay that way from now on.

For dinner, we ordered McDonalds take out and crashed at Jack's house for the night.

In the morning, Alex and I snuck out and drove back to his house.

"Hey, I think your mom left a message on my phone last night." Alex said as we settled onto his bed. I looked at him with a confused look. He gave me the phone so I could listen to the voice message.

"Brooklynn, this is the only number I could reach you with. I hope you got this message. Something terrible has happened. Grandma died a couple of nights back at the retirement home. And your father and I think you should come back home from Baltimore to attend her funeral. Please. Your family really needs you right now. Call me if you got this message. I'll have my phone with me all day. Bye." My mother's sad voice explained. I could tell she had been crying.

"No. This can't be...no. No, no, no, no, no!" I said frustrated and hitting my fists on Alex's bed.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked holding me. Tears came I felt totally embarassed for some reason. But they just couldn't wait.

"She's gone. I need to go home, Alex."

"Why? Who's gone?"

"My grandma. She died a few nights ago. I have to go back to Oklahoma for her funeral in a few days." I said letting Alex dry my tears with the sleeves of his sweat shirt.

"Oh no." He whispered. "She was close to you, huh?"

"Very. I'm mostly sad because she died barely remembering her own family. She had Alzeimers. Now she's gone. But, I'm sorry for getting so worked up in front of you."

"Hun, you have every right to be sad. Do you need some time alone?"

"No!" I said clutching the torso of his shirt and blushed when fresh tears coated my cheeks. "Please don't leave me alone. Ever. I don't wanna be alone."

"Okay, okay. I'm here, Brooke. I'm here. Sssshhhh, it's gonna be okay." Alex said cradling me in his arms and stroking my hair.

"Thank you." I whispered.