Status: Complete

All Children, Except One, Grow Up.

Don't Forget Me.

I turned my head back, and looked at Neverland; it got further and further away, as I got closer to my destination. Tinker Bell was right behind me, attempting to keep up. We soon passed Big Ben, and I knew we were getting close, to where we had to be.

“Why do we do this every year? You know they aren't coming,” Tinker huffed.

“Tink, you never know; you just have to believe. All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust. Why, even you know that!” I continued following the way, that I knew all too well, until a familiar house came into view. Diving down, and landing on the roof, I walked over to the window, and tapped lightly on it. I saw a middle-aged woman, and a woman around twenty-years-old standing beside a bed. After looking closer, I could see a young girl laying in it.

I hope they still live here.

I tapped harder on the window, until the oldest woman looked over, and ran to the window. She threw it open, and stared at me, until a look of recognition came onto her face.

“Peter? Peter Pan?” she asked, in disbelief.

Wendy? You look so...different. You got old,” I blurted out.

She laughed.

She still had the same laugh; that hadn't changed.

“Still as charming, as I remember, aren't you, Peter?” I flashed her a smile, and made my way in through the window.

“Now, be quiet! Ellie just got to sleep,” Wendy warned. I looked up.

“Well, hi-ho, Jane!” I exclaimed cheerfully, then was reminded to stay quiet. I glanced at the bed, then snapped my head back to look at Wendy.

“What did you say her name was?”

“Ellie-Mae Darling Rose.” Jane spoke softly.

“They used her middle name as my old last name,” Wendy chimed in, with a twinkle in her eye.

I walked over to her, and placed my thumb on her cheek, staring at her innocent face. Then, I turned back to look at Wendy and Jane.

“No, Peter, no!” they both whisper-shouted; they could see the questions in my eyes.

“Just...just let her come for a visit,” I pleaded.

The looked at each other, then Jane bit her lip. “Maybe when she's older.”

“No!” I whined. “She'll be too old; she won't believe in the magic.”

“Peter, you're still just as stubborn as you've always been.” Wendy sighed.

“Well, that's what happens in Neverland; you never have to change.”

Ellie's eyes fluttered, and I jumped back, staring at her in fascination; she looked just like Wendy and Jane combined.

Her eyes opened fully, and she stared at me. “Momma, who is this?” her tiny voice asked.

Wendy shot a glare at me, then walked over to Ellie. “His name's Peter, darling,” Jane said.

“Peter Pan,” I corrected. Then, I leaped back over to Ellie, and stuck my hand out. “It's nice to meet you, Ellie-Mae!”

She giggled, and shook my hand. “You see,” I started. “I've known your momma, and grandmother for a very, very, very long time. I used to take them to a magical world, when they were about your age.”

“Really?” she asked, with wide eyes.

I nodded. “Uh-huh! And, you know how we got there?”

“No,” she shook her head, back-and-forth. “How?”

I leaned in, and whispered in her ear, “We flew.”

She gasped. “No!”

“Yes! And, this land...it's called Neverland. It's the most magical place in the world.”

I looked behind me, and saw Wendy and Jane were staring at me with small smiles. I turned back around, and stared into Ellie's eyes.

“Ellie, would you like to visit Neverland, with me?”

Her eyes lit up, and she gasped, again. “Oh, I'd love to!” Then, she looked at Jane, and hopped out of bed. “Oh, Momma, can I? Can I please go to Neverland, with Peter?”

“Honey, Neverland is such a far away place, and it's quite past your bedtime,” Jane cooed, stroking her daughter's hair.

“But, Momma, please? I would never ask for anything, ever again! I bet you could come too...and grandma! You and grandma could come!” Ellie looked back at me. “They could come right, Peter? They could come?”

“Of course,” I replied, with a grin.

“See, we all can go! Peter said so!” Ellie exclaimed, jumping up and down.

“Oh, Ellie, I don't know, honey,” Jane said, pressing her lips together.

“Oh, please, momma! Please!”

Jane closed her eyes, and sighed. “Okay, Sweetie.”

“Oh, thank you, Momma! Thank you so much!” Ellie squealed, hugging Jane's knees tightly. “And, will you go, too, Momma?”

“Of course!” Jane exclaimed, laughing.

“Let's go! Come on, Peter!” Ellie beamed, and took a hold of my hand. I looked down at her, and grinned. Then, looked at Wendy.

“What do you say, Wendy? For old times sake?”

“Oh, Peter, that's a wonderful offer, but I think I'm just too old,” Wendy sighed.

“You still believe in the magic, don't you?”

“Of course!”

“Then, you're never too old,” I declared, and took her hand, as Ellie took Jane's.

“You ready, Tink?” I asked, and she gave me a quick nod.

Tinker never did like using her dust.

Tinker Bell flew over to Wendy first, and sprinkled her lightly in Pixie Dust, then went along down the line, to Ellie, and finally, to Jane. I let go of Ellie and Wendy's hands, and jumped out the window.

“Come on, now!” I exclaimed, grabbing Wendy's hand, and pulling her through the window. I did the same for Jane, then I picked up Ellie, and placed her down, gently. After they were all safely on the roof, I jumped off.

“Peter Pan!” I heard Ellie scream, as I floated back up, and looked at her.

“Why, did you forget I could fly?” I chuckled.

“Oh!” she said. “But, what if I fall?”

“You aren't going to fall, silly girl! Your grandma will show you how it's done; watch!” I exclaimed, then took Wendy's hand.

“Peter, I don't believe I can do this,” Wendy squeaked.

“Of course you can!” I tugged her hand, until she slipped off the roof.

“Grandma!” Ellie shrieked.

“It's fine. I'm alright, Darling,” Wendy answered, and flew around, laughing.

“Jane, I believe it's your turn.”

“I don't quite remember how to do this,” she murmured.

“Just jump,” I replied simply. She walked to the edge, and closed her eyes. “Be careful with Ellie.” Then, she jumped, and did a twirl in the air.

“It's your turn, Ellie.” I smiled, taking both her hands.

“N-No, I can't,” she stammered, and her lip quivered. “I'm scared.”

“There's nothing to it; it's easy! All you have to do, is step off the edge, and, boom!” I slapped my hands together. “You're flying.”

“Do you think I'll be okay?”

“No. I know you'll be okay.”

“Well...if you say so, Peter.” She gripped my hands tightly, and jumped into the air with me. I dropped her hands, and smiled.

“Wait, don't let me go!” she yelled.

“Ellie.” I flew in front of her. “I already did.”

“You mean...I can fly?” she asked, her eyes wide as saucers.

“You can fly!” I agreed.

“Well, let's not just stay here, forever! Let's go to Neverland!” Jane exclaimed.

“I couldn't have said it better myself!”

*-*

As we landed on the ground, of Neverland, I shouted, “This is Neverland! The place where everything,” I looked at Ellie. “is magic.”

Her eyes glistened from the glow, of the moon, and she was smiling, ear-to-ear. “Neverland,” she whispered to herself.

The Boys ran over to me, and Ellie hid behind Wendy. “Now, Ellie, no need to be afraid. These, are The Lost Boys.”

“The Lost Boys?” she asked.

“Absolutely! There name's are Tootles, Slightly, Nibs, and Curly,” I stated.

“Well, what about them, though?” Ellie asked, pointing to the two I hadn't introduced.

“Those are The Twins.”

Nibs wandered over to Wendy and Jane, and stared at them. “Who are they?” he asked, glancing from me to them.

“Don't you remember? That's Wendy and Jane, Nibs!”

All the boys' gasped, and walked over to them. “They look different,” The Twins chorused.

“They got really old!” Tootles shouted.

Wendy laughed. “We've been told.”

*-*

Wendy walked over to me. “I think we need to leave now.” Her eyes flashed over to Ellie asleep in Jane's lap. I pursed my lips.

“Stay.”

Wendy smiled sadly. “We can't, Peter.”

“But, why not?” I asked.

Wendy sighed, sitting down beside me. “Sooner or later, people have to grow up.

“No. No, you don't. You all can stay here, forever; you can stay the age you are.”

“Yes, we do,” Wendy replied, nodding. “This place, it's amazing; it truly is magical. And, it holds so many memories. But, we have to get older; that's what we're made to do.”

“But, I'll miss you. I do every time you leave.” A tear ran down my cheek.

“You could always come back with us; you could grow up with Ellie. She would love that,” Wendy offered, wiping away the tear.

I shook my head, and looked at The Boys. They need me. “I can't.”

“Just think about it. You're always welcome to come back.” Wendy saw the direction I was looking in, and sighed. “They could come too, of course.”

“Really?” My eyes grew wide, with surprise.

“Really.” Wendy nodded.

I thought about it for a minute. “This is who I am, now; it's who I'll always be. I wouldn't even know what to do, out there in the world.”

I stood up, and went to pick up Ellie. “Tinker Bell,” I called. She came in a flash, and sprinkled fairy dust over all of us. I jumped in the air, and headed for London. Jane and Wendy were right behind me.

Sooner or later, people have to grow up. Sooner or later, people have to grow up. Sooner or later, people have to grow up, repeated in my head over and over.

“Sooner or later, people have to grow up,” I mumbled, as I landed on the roof. Jane went to open the window, and we all jumped in. I went to Ellie's bed, and laid her down gently.

This will all be just a dream for her. In the morning, she'll wake up, run to Jane, and tell her all about her magnificent dream, where she could fly, and she flew to this magical place called Neverland. And, I, I will be just a dream, as well. I'll only be a figment of her imagination, or, at least, that's how she'll remember me.

I kissed Ellie on the forehead, and walked back over to the window, hopping back through it. Jane waved at me, and walked over to Ellie, as Wendy ran over to me.

“Just remember what I said,” she mumbled.

“I don't know what to do,” I admitted honestly.

“There's only one thing you can do. I can't make you stay here, and Neverland can't make you stay there. Only you know what you need to do. The only way to know what you should do is follow your heart; do what it tells you.”

“Right now, it's telling me I should stay in Neverland, but it won't be that way forever. I just know it. I'll be back, one day. Please do one thing...Don't let Ellie forget me. Let her know that I'm not a dream.”

“I wouldn't even think of it.”

I smiled. “Bye, Wendy.” I kissed her cheek.

“Come back soon. Good-bye, Peter.”

I jumped off the roof, and flew away. I turned my head to look back at the house of people, I felt truly cared about me.

Sooner or later, people have to grow up. And, one day, I will.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be a sequel to this, most likely.
I really had fun writing this; I adore Peter Pan. :D
I tried getting the Wendy and Peter Pan old love thing in there, you know? Jane wasn't used much in this. She was just...there.
I actually really like this. :D
So, I hope you liked it, and please, comment. Tell me if you think I should write one more chapter as a sequel. And, tell me if you liked it, or something that should be changed. I worked really hard on this, so constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.
And, remember:
Sooner or later, people have to grow up. :)