Telescope Eyes

friends

Micah moaned softly as Eric bit at her neck, his smile could be felt against her skin. She let her hips roll into his and she listened as he took a sharp breath. She let her fingers knead themselves into his short brown hair and she grasped it in her fingers gently. He trailed his lips back up her neck and onto her mouth, parting it with his tongue.

Micah’s mom was taking Daniel out for the night and they had decided to have a slumber party. Her mother wasn’t aware, so with every noise they heard the two would separate with laughs on their lips in fear of getting caught.

She giggled as Eric placed his hands under her butt and lifted her to where she was clinging to his neck, kissing him as he carried her up the stairs and into her bedroom. He kicked the door shut behind them with his foot before they collapsed onto her bed in laughs.

The boy crawled to where he was on top of her and ran his fingers over the bare skin that her shirt was showing as it rose higher on her hips. He kissed down her neck sweetly, his fingers toying with the hem of her shirt.

Micah looked at him nervously before nodding her head at the boy silently. He gave her a small smile before lifting it over her shoulders and tossing it to the floor. She was relieved that she wore a cute bra today. Eric kissed her lips once more before moving down her neck and to cover all of the skin she had just exposed to him for the first time in their six month relationship.

Micah wanted to take things slow. She wasn’t the girl who just slept around with guys because they made her feel like she needed them. No, she took the precautions to make sure that she didn’t end up so lost in the moment that she was doing something she’d regret.

And until recently, Eric had been really understanding.

But something had changed, and she didn’t know what it was. Perhaps it was just because he was a teenage boy—young and horny. Every time they would make out his hands would travel a little lower, or under more clothes, touching areas that no one else had even seen besides maybe her mother when she was little and John on one drunken occasion.

Her mother used to warn her about this. Whereas girls tended to show their love through words or actions, boys usually showed it through sexual things, it was just how they were wired; especially in high school, they typically thought with their hormones and not their heads.

And well, she and Eric had been dating for a while now—six months was like two years for high school and she didn’t see them breaking up anytime soon, so it really would make sense as to why he was so eager to be with her.

When she looked at the situation from his point of view, she understood, but she still told him that she wanted to take it slow with him and the fact that he was always pushing her for more was slowly beginning to irritate her more and more.

“Eric,” she said gently, rubbing her hand through his hair, trying to push his lips away from where they were kissing along the top of her jeans.

She listened as the boy sighed and moved his lips back to her chest. She moaned quietly causing him to smirk against her skin. “You’re beautiful, Micah.”

His hands closed over her exposed chest and she closed her eyes and bit her lip, “Thanks,” she breathed.

She brought his mouth back to hers, kissing him sweetly. They pulled away when they listened to a knock come from downstairs. She sat up quickly and used her sheets to cover her breasts, padding over to her window to where she could see a boy standing at her front door. She sighed in relief, “It’s just John.”

Eric smiled and pulled her back down onto the mattress, “Good. He can just go home then.”

Micah frowned softly and picked her shirt off the floor, slipping it back over her shoulders, leaving her bra on the floor. She walked down the stairs quickly, opening the door just as John had turned to walk away.

“Hey,” she called out, causing the boy to turn around. John looked at her, his lips turned south and his eyes red with tears. “John, what’s wrong?”

He stepped forward into Micah’s arms that were held out to him, and she pulled him against her, leading him inside. The boy collapsed onto her couch and kept his eyes staring forward at the couch, “Addie and I broke up,” he said softly, staring at his hands.

Micah looked at her stairs where Eric had just entered the room, taking in his best friend’s appearance and looking at her worriedly. She looked between the two boys, excusing herself quietly to give them a moment to talk—boy to boy. She went in the kitchen and began making some hot tea hoping it could calm John at least a little. She tapped her fingers on the kitchen counter listening to the boy’s soft voices. She could sight of herself in the mirror, noticing her lips were swollen and there were a few red marks on her neck.

Micah sighed softly, not bothering to cover up the marks before pouring some tea in a glass and bringing it to the living room for the boy who was smiling weakly at his best friend. John said a quiet ‘thank you’ before pressing the mug to his lips, cringing at the heat, “It’s hot,” he said lamely.

Eric looked at Micah sadly before standing up, “I’m going to head home. John, we’ll hit the batting cages tomorrow? Sound okay?”

John nodded his head, “Hitting something sounds great.”

She looked up at her boyfriend and walked him to the door giving him a sweet kiss. He looked at her with a small frown, “Take care of him. Talk to him, get all the emotion out of him and tomorrow I’ll take him to do manly things.”

Micah chuckled weakly, “I will, bye babe. Drive safe.”

She shut the door behind him before walking back into her living room and taking a seat next to John, folding her legs underneath her and looking at the sad boy. His hands were raking through his hat hair, his baseball cap now sitting on the table in front of them. His large hands grabbed the cup of tea in front of him, sipping on it slowly, “You have anything stronger?”

Micah chuckled softly before going into the kitchen and grabbing a cup of ice, pouring chocolate mint Baileys over the top of it. She placed the glass in his surprisingly cold hands. He was drinking it quickly, like he had been thirsty for days.

“You want to talk about it?” She asked gently, ringing her hands together in her lap.

John sighed and placed his chin in his hands, “She asked me to go to dinner with her parents.”

Micah bit her lip, nervous as to where this was going already. The Roberts were like the families you pictured in Hell. They were strict—more than strict. They were like dictators. If the Hitler’s would have had children, they would have ruled liked the Roberts. There wasn’t room for discussion, just obedience. They had to meet Micah’s mom on two occasions before letting her even stay the night. They were like Miss Kim from Gilmore Girls—on steroids.

“I’m guessing that didn’t go well,” Micah said softly.

John hadn’t met them until that day—Addison had told her many times of how she wished she could be honest and open with her parents about their relationship, but how she knew they wouldn’t approve. Addison was rich—that’s why she didn’t go to school with them, but to a private catholic school in town. Her parents wanted her to marry a boy from the country club and the fact that she would pick a boy like John would repulse them, she knew it.

“I’m not sure how we made it through dinner. I left before dessert came, well let me rephrase, her dad escorted me out before dessert,” John sighed, hitting his head on the wall behind them with the back of his head as he leaned back into the couch’s padding.

“What happened?” She asked, her voice showing her astonishment. She didn’t think it went that badly.

“The first thing her dad asked me was what my grade point average was,” John sighed, his eyes glazing over. “And he wasn’t pleased with my 2.7, at all. Then, he started asking me how I was going to get into any respectable college with grades like that, and I told him that I planned on going to ASU and as long as my SAT score was high enough I’d get in so it didn’t matter much, and well, he didn’t like that either. He started asking about my parents and where they went to school and how much money they made—some of which is flat out none of his business, and to the latter I didn’t answer.

“Then, he asked me about ‘my music’,” he relayed, in a pretend snooty tone. “Ugh, ‘my music’, like it was a foul thing to like music, to be good at it. He asked me if he thought I would make it in the music industry and I told him that with hard work anything was possible—to which he replied I might as well not even bother trying, because the chances of musicians making it is slim, which yes, I’m fully aware of, but really dude? What happened to having a dream you know?”

Micah sighed and placed her hand on John’s upper arm, “What did you say back to that?”

John bit his lip nervously and looked down, cracking his knuckles, “I told him that if you love something you go after it, and just because he couldn’t reach the dream he wanted didn’t mean I couldn’t reach mine.”

She gasped and slapped his arm, “John!” She screeched, scolding him.

“What?” He exclaimed, regret deep in his voice even though he attempted to seem confident that his words were smart, “He obviously has some serious projection issues going on here.”

“Yes,” Micah sighed, placing her own hands over her forehead, “But bringing it to his attention at a family dinner, in front of his two daughters and wife may not have been the best idea.”

He groaned, before leaning forward and awkwardly laying his cheek against the coffee table to where his lanky body was folded perfectly in half. “Anyways, we were awkwardly silent after that. Then once we finished dinner her dad asked to talk to me in his study. So, I followed him and he led me to the door and told me that I wasn’t allowed to see Addison anymore, he opened the door, placed his hand on my shoulder pushing me out and shut it in my face. I went home and changed and then came here. She hasn’t even tried calling me, Crosby.”

Micah sighed sympathetically and ran her hand through her messy hair, “Imagine what her dad is saying to her right now, John. She’s getting one hell of a lecture right now I can promise you that.”

“He’s a prick, and her mom—she just sat there silently eating her dinner.”

She licked her lips, “Did Addie say anything?”

John sat up, but kept his eyes downcast on his fingers, “No, she let him grill me. Didn’t say one word—not one fucking word.”

“I’m sure she was just scared. Her dad isn’t exactly easy to deal with—and Addie isn’t the perfect child, we both know he prefers Angel,” Micah said, trying to help John from staying angry at her friend. It was a tough situation though.

“I guess,” he groaned, looking at her with a puppy dog pout. “Crosby, make me feel better,” he whined, closing his eyes and burying his head into her chest.

She pouted with the boy solemnly and ran a hand through his hair, “Want to watch chick flicks and make fun of them?”

“And cuddle, let’s cuddle,” John said softly, nodding his head like a five year old who had been punished by his parents.

Micah agreed and changed into a pair of pajamas as John found himself in merely his boxers, they lay on the couch with his head resting on her chest, just below the swell of her breasts as they watched a movie. She chuckled softly as she heard the boy sniffle, “Are you crying, O’Callaghan?”

“I hate that this happens…I mean I know it does, but I wish it didn’t!” He mumbled, wiping his eye quickly with the back of his hand.

“John, they—it had to happen…the Titanic had to sink, it’s a true story,” Micah laughed gently. “They can’t just change history.”

“I think its bullshit,” he mumbled. “They can give a girl fake boobs for a role but they can’t give the Titanic a happy ending? Where is the hope in this world?”

“I can’t believe you just compared the Titanic to editing of a girls chest,” she said simply, laughing at her friend.

“I just want to be happy,” he sighed, and she realized he wasn’t talking about the movie anymore. He sat up as the credits began rolling and she followed his lead. She looked at his naked chest, his thin waist almost as small as her own. “I’m sorry I cock blocked you and Eric.”

Micah looked at the sad boy, trying to instantly make him feel better, “No! John you didn’t, don’t worry…”

He looked at her incredulously with a weak smile. He moved her blonde hair that was falling onto her bare neck, and laughed, running his fingers along the soft skin giving her a chill down her spine, “You have three hickeys.”

She blushed and laced her fingers together in her lap, “Well, you may have been interrupting a little—but I’m not mad or anything, don’t worry.”

“Well of course you aren’t!” John laughed, “You weren’t the one who had to go home with blue balls were you?”

Micah covered her face and giggled softly, “Well, he would have had them either way its not like we were going to do anything.”

“Yeah well,” he chuckled. “But, you should try to cover those before your mom comes home tomorrow.”

“How do I do that?” She mumbled, feeling the heat run up her neck.

“Well, my friend Quinn told me that you could use a comb and ‘comb it out’, I guess…but I don’t really understand how that works. I mean, if you apply too much pressure it could look like you got an attacked by an animal, but I suppose either way it looks like you got attacked by an animal,” John said all at once, chuckling to himself. He sighed before looking at her, realizing she was laughing at him softly, “But I always use the frozen spoon. Works like a charm.”

“Note taken,” Micah chuckled, laying back onto John’s chest. “Feeling any better?”

She could hear his smile as he spoke, “I really am, thank you a lot Crosby.”

“What are friends for, John?”

“They’re for making each other feel better when their loved ones are dumb,” he grinned, kissing her forehead lightly. “I love you, Micah.”

She smiled, “I love you too, John.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Micah.

Special thanks to: disappearing act., keriberry234, into your arms, Audrey170, Leaaaaaaaah., screamedlullaby, thatswhatshesaid0, LalalaLaurenland, SweetPea, lovely youth, becohhh., lovelyhope, Fictional Bride., carefulsilence, thescenekid, Elle_Kimberly, Window Blues, deanna13, RoRo15, and of course, whilethefirewasout.

You guys are so amazing, I love you so much. Your feedback has kept me on an updating schedule! Haha! :D It was kind of a filler, but how do you feel about Addison's family? Kind of makes sense why she is the way she is, you know? Idk tell me what you think here!

On another note, that hickey conversation definitely happened between me and Keri the other day because I had one about the size of Texas on the FRONT of my neck. Oh and the best part of that is that when I was getting it--my boyfriend's sister walked in. He was on top of me.

Go big or go home.