The Saints Of Mibba

Smooth Criminal.

June 15, 2001.

That day will always live in infamy in my mind. Why, you might ask? Well, that day changed the course of my life. Nothing bad happened, like a car accident or a death of a loved one. It was the first time I heard the song ‘Smooth Criminal’ by Alien Ant Farm. What’s so important about that? You see, that song changed me.

Up until that point, I only ever listened to Aaron Carter and *NSYC. I never heard any kind of music anywhere near that song. I started listening to that song wherever I could. I would steal my sister’s stuff, falling in love with more of that kind of music.

January 26, 2008.

Something I’ve been thinking about, is my life. As I sit here writing this, I think about my taste in music. My favorite band went from being a band that dances, to My Chemical Romance. I went from wearing pink to wearing black. I wear eyeliner. I went from being this happy, jumpy little girl to a surly writing teenager. I have no regrets in my life, but sometimes I can’t help but wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn’t ever heard that song.

I could have been one of the pretty skinny preppy girls with a boyfriend.

But, I don’t think I could ever be like that. I just couldn’t. My entire family makes fun of one another and I guess that’s where my sarcasm came from. I love who I am, and I don’t think I’d have it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
by Em Extraordinary.