Status: We're Back And Ready! :)

The Randomness That Are Girls

Chapter 17

Bunny’s POV

I never got what was so great about Ashton Kutcher. I mean, sure, he’s hot and all, but that’s probably it. I guess I’m just not the type who are obsessing and crushing on superstars. Eh, who knows?

I look around absentmindedly, finding Cocoa in a corner at the back of the room, all alone. I stand up from my sleeping bag as quietly as possible, tiptoeing over to Cocoa, and grinning.

“Yo, Hot Cocoa,” I whisper quietly.

“Bunny-Rabbit,” Cocoa says, smirking.

“Whatcha thinking ’bout?”

“Nothing.”

I shrug, plopping down beside her. I wasn’t going to pressure someone into telling me something if they didn’t want to. It’s none of my business, anyway.

“Hey, I saw you in that music shop down at the mall. What’d yah get?” Cocoa asks nonchalantly.

“That new Rihanna album, Loud.”

“Oh, cool.”

We stayed silent as everyone group-shushed us. We roll our eyes at them, both thinking that they’re acting ridiculous.

“Who was that guy you were talking to?” she whispers.

“He told me his name was Xavier,” I whisper in reply. “Do you know him?”

“Hmm …” Cocoa thinks aloud in a hushed tone. Cocoa always noticed things; she analyzes things for what they are and not what they appear to be. “Nope.”

I sigh. Why did I even care?

I shrug off the thought, and hear my stomach growl. The girls turn around to shh me, and I roll my eyes. I stand up, walking into Dove’s kitchen.

You know, sometimes I feel like the outsider? Everyone has at least one person that they’re super close to, inseparable, and I don’t. I know it’s really shallow, and kind of stupid with the giant group of friends I’m in, but so true. I’m not super we’re-the-two-best-friends-in-the-entire-world with anyone. I’m really close to everyone, I guess you could say. But, I’ve got nothing like Dove and Love, Happy and Cat, or even Gem and Rose. I’m being stupid and shallow, I think, shaking my head clear.

I open the door to the pantry when I suddenly had to go pee really badly. I go darting to the nearest bathroom, which is actually connected to Dove’s kitchen — but it has a door! That’s just gross — and then do my business.

I hear Cat and Cocoa walk into the kitchen, and then hear Cat’s spilling of the beans about her crush on Dean. Wow. I had no idea. I feel like a horrible big sister now! I didn’t even know about my little sister’s crush? How stupid am I?

I didn’t want to walk out and be known as an eavesdropper. Cat would probably freak if she found out I heard. I never kept any secrets from my girls, it’s just who I am. But, this little bit of information I’d just have to keep to myself, I guess. I mean, Cat’s my sister! I would be a complete jerk if I told everyone about Cat’s crush on Cookie’s brother, Dean. Oh, what to do? Help. Me.

I heard the shuffling of feet, and figured that they had left. I walk out of the bathroom, and go back to looking through the pantry for something that was sugary, hopefully chocolate, and definitely unhealthy for me.

My cell vibrated and beeped in my back pocket, and I pulled it out confusedly. Who could be texting me when all my friends were already here? I flipped open my phone — I don’t have an iPhone, and, frankly, I don’t want one — and read:

Ay, Bunny. : )

I look at the number. I didn’t recognize it. Hmm …

Who R U, stalker?

I smirk at my text, slightly proud. I grab a bag of Lays chips, and hop onto the counter.

It’s Xavier, babe.

I frown at the nickname. Babe? Seriously? I just met the guy.

Don’t call me ‘babe’, stalker. How did u get my num anyway?

I knew he was probably irked — ha, irk. It sounds funny — by me calling him stalker, but he called me babe! So, we’re even. Kind of.

Carmella’s bro, Dean.

Dean? How did he get my number? Sure, I’ve talked to the guy, but that was during moments like these when Ashton Kutcher marathons were on, and I had nobody else to talk to. Maybe he went through Cookie’s phone and got it?

Her name is Cookie. What r u doing texting me? Don’t u have something better 2 do?

I rolled my eyes at his fast reply: Nope.

Well, go find something. I’m hanging wit my girls 2night.


I closed my phone just as Song comes in. “Hey, Bun, what are you doing?”

I opened my mouth to answer just as my phone vibrateed in my hand. I sighed, flipping it open to read: I’ll b there, babe : )

Song peeked over my shoulder, smirking at me. “Babe?”

“Don’t ask,” I whine.

“No, no! I wanna know! Who is it?” Song asks excitedly.

I roll my eyes. “Nobody.”

She scoffs. “Nobody my bleeding rose. If someone can get away with calling you ‘babe’ then he must be important.”

“Just —”

The doorbell rang. Song and I look at each other before yelling simultaneously, “Dove! Someone’s at the door!”

We heard stomping as Dove reached us. She obviously wasn’t happy to be interrupted from her Ashton Kutcher fantasy moments. We smile innocently.

“Hey, babe! Open up the door!”

I know that voice. Crud.

“Babe?” Dove asks, raising an eyebrow. “That’s definitely not for me.”

Song looks at me knowingly. I grin back, blushing probably the darkest shade of red ever. I go running to the door, swinging it open with a death-glare set.

“Xavier, you —”

There wasn’t just Xavier standing there. It was the entire boys’ football team, Noah, Robbie, Paxtyn, and, of course, Xavier. Dean was there too, but he usually just tags along with the football team.

“Hey, babe.”

My face was beet red with a mixture of anger and embarrassment.
“What the heck do you all think you’re doing? Crashing an all-girls sleepover is so not cool! What would your mothers say about this?”

They roll their eyes at my exaggerations.

“Come on, Berenice, we’re bored!” Dean says, rolling his eyes like it was obvious.

“Hey, Bunny, what’s —”

Dove’s sentence was halted abruptly. She narrowed her eyes.

“Who invited them?”

“Babe, tell her,” Xavier says, grinning as he wraps his arm around my shoulders.

“Alright,” I say, rolling my eyes. “My stalker.”

“What?” she says with obvious shock.

I roledl my eyes. “Exactly what I said.”

Dove glared at Xavier. “Well, Mr. Stalker, go get a life and leave poor Bunny alone.”

Dove grabbed me by the arm, and pulled me into the house, slamming the door shut loudly behind her.

I know it was probably mean of me to call Xavier my stalker, but that’s what you get when you crash an-all girl sleepover with me and my girls.