Status: We're Back And Ready! :)

The Randomness That Are Girls

Chapter Forty-One

I laid on my bed, groaning in pain. Take this piece of advice from me: Never drink twelve cans of Sprite. It will bite you in the butt.

“Hey, Bunny, you okay?” Cocoa asks, handing me a glass of water.

I sit up, chugging down the water and groaning as it settles and mixes with the Sprite. I nod, forcing a smile as I attempt to stand. Spots filled my vision, and my knees shook, but I managed to walk downstairs to see the groups split into two.

“What’s going on?” I ask unsurely, feeling the tension of the atmosphere crawl against my skin. Nobody answers me directly, but everyone bursts into shouts of fury. Cheese crust. “Everyone shut up!” I yell over their screams at the top of my lungs. The room fell silent. “Now, I’m going to ask again: What’s going on?”

Everyone broke into a loud chorus of different answers from different sides. Ugh. I’m getting a massive headache thanks to them. I groan in annoyance, and go stomping up into my room. I hate fighting. But, don’t get me wrong, I can murder you in an argument — of course I was captain on the debate team. Not to mention that if you mess with me or my girls, then I will come after you. All of us would.

I turn on the old radio that surprisingly never got any static, plugging in my headphones and blaring music to the point where it hurt my ears. I drowned out their shouts, and cleared my mind until I fell asleep to a Mitchel Musso song …

* * *


Have you ever gotten the feeling that you were the biggest idiot in all of mankind? Have you ever worried about what a girl thought about you? Have you ever thought about said girl so much that you just wanted to slap yourself? Probably not, but I couldn’t help but ask.

“What are you doing here, Mr. Stalker?” Garima asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

“My name is Xavier,” I say with obvious annoyance. Every one of Bunny’s friends — including Bunny — called me Mr. Stalker.

“Okay, Xavier, what are you doing here?”

“What? Can’t a guy ever watch a good chick-fight?”

Garima rolls her eyes at me. “You’re such a dick.”

“Everyone tells me that,” I say with a teasing grin. “Including babe.”

“Her name is Bunny,” Rosetta says with irritation at me.

“Nah-uh. It’s babe,” I say, my grin widening.

“You’re an idiot,” Rosetta says, rolling her eyes at me.

“No, you are!” I say, pretending to be offended. Rosetta and Garima rolls their eyes at the same time at me. Freaky chicks.

I pull out my phone, preparing to text Bunny.

Hey, babe. Where r u?

I waited patiently for her reply. I wasn’t going to go searching through her place looking for her. That’s what a creeper does — which I am not. She didn’t answer. I frown. Bunny always replies to my texts, no matter how annoying I am.

Babe?

I waited patiently again until I finally got: Get a life, stalker.

I smirk. That’s my Bunny.

Where r u?

Wouldn’t u like to no.

C’mon, babe.

N. O.


I frown. Was she still upset about earlier? Crap. Maybe everyone’s right and I am a dick.

I’m sorry. Forgive me? : (

No.

Come on! I apologized! : (


I sound so desperate. Oh, right. I am. I quickly text her again before she can reply: How can I make it up to u?

I waited patiently for her reply, slightly aware that Rosetta and Garima were studying me like a freaking science experiment.

What’s going on down there, stalker?

They’re fighting. Answer my question!

Fine. I want that new P!nk CD.

No deal. My boss will kill me.

Alright. I’m hungry. Take me somewhere that has food.


I smirk, texting a quick: Come downstairs.

I get up, and go waiting by the front door. She came downstairs, smirking. “Try anything and my girls will come after you.”

“Looking forward to it,” I say, grinning as I open the door for her. “We’ll have to get my car, alright?”

She nods silently, and we walk across the street to my home. Faintly, as we exit her home, I hear Xena yell, “Be home before eleven! I’m keeping my eye on you, Xavier!”

I roll my eyes. Finally, I think, someone knows my name!

* * *


I had no idea Xavier lived so close to me. He lives right across the street from me, and I’ve never even noticed him once? I feel like a horrible neighbor!

His car wasn’t anything special, just black Ford truck. I hopped inside beside him, and he had a giant grin on. “Where to, babe?”

“I dunno. McDonald’s?” I ask randomly.

“Sounds good,” he says, grinning as we were soon in the parking lot. One thing I love about McDonald’s: It’s on nearly every street! He parks with ease, and helps me out like a gentleman. Huh. Never would’ve thought that Xavier was that kind — mean thought.

“Hopefully you brought money,” I say, raising an eyebrow expectantly.

“Of course,” he says, rolling his eyes and pretending to be offended. “So, what’ll it be?”

“Anything with meat,” I say almost immediately.

Xavier raises his eyebrows at me. “Really? I would’ve never guessed.”

“Never judge a book by its cover,” I say with a grin. “And it better be chicken,” I say with more seriousness.

“Alright.”

I go find somewhere to sit while Xavier orders me my chicken and whatever he wanted. I love McDonald’s.

“So, chicken for the lady, and a hamburger for me,” Xavier says, handing me my chicken.

“What? No drink?” I ask teasingly.

“I have to by a drink for you, too?” Xavier asks sarcastically. “Here’s some water. I saw you down all that Sprite.”

“Thanks,” I say, grinning at him and taking a sip of my water. I take a giant bite of my chicken. I love my meat.

“I don’t think chicken’s going out of style, babe,” Xavier says teasingly. We ate in silence. The only sound was the chatter of other people and employees around us. Suddenly Xavier asks, “So, tell me something about yourself.”

I raise an eyebrow at him confusedly, swallowing down my bite of my McChicken sandwich. “What do you want to know?”

“Anything, really. What’s your favorite color?”

“White,” I say almost immediately.

“Really? Why?”

“Because, white holds no secrets. I feel like I shouldn’t either,” I say with a shrug.

“Huh. Interesting.”

“What about you?”

“I like black.” I giggle when he says that. “Mind sharing what’s so funny, babe?”

“I like white and you like black. It’s like the yin-yang or a panda,” I say between giggles.

Xavier rolls his eyes at me. “I’m not gonna ask.” It was my turn to roll my eyes at him. “So, tell me about your family.”

I nearly choke on my food. Nobody really knew about my family — unless they were my girls.

“Hey, you okay?” Xavier asks worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I say quickly. “What do you want to know?”

My guard was up. It was really none of his business. “Got any siblings?”

“Yeah, I’m the middle child. Cocoa and Cat are my sisters.”

“Catalina and Xena?”

“Yeah, but they go by Cat and Cocoa,” I repeat.

“What about your parents?”

I stay silent. I didn’t have to answer him, and I knew that. Maybe that’s why I was confused after I said, “I don’t know.”

“What? Are you an orphan?”

“No,” I say almost immediately. “Cocoa never told me about our parents.”

It was silent. To avoid the topic of my parents and an awkward conversation breaker, I asked, “What about you? Any brothers or sisters?”

“Three older brothers, and a baby sister.”

“What are they like?”

“My brothers are dicks that I hardly talk to, but somehow manage to get along with. My sister’s name is Helena, and I’d kill you if you hurt her.”

I roll my eyes, nodding. “What about your parents?”

“I don’t know. My brothers and I ran away a year ago.”

“What about Helena?”

“Helena’s sick. We can’t afford to take her to the doctor to find anything else out. We’re all working our asses off.”

“Oh,” I say, chewing on my lip. “How old is she?”

“She’ll be celebrating her sixth birthday in exactly one week.”

Aw, I think, it must be so hard on all of them. Xavier seemed to want the subject to drop judging by his facial expression, and we ate in silence from then on. I really wanted to help them out, though.

* * *


She probably thinks I’m the biggest loser in all of the universe. I couldn’t believe I had even told her all of that. I drove her home after we finished eating, feeling like an idiot.

“Thanks, Xavier,” she says, smiling at me.

“Anytime,” I grin at her, trying to act cool even though she knew my biggest secret of one-year.

“And, I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“Your sister. Best of wishes and hopefully she’ll get better soon.”

I stay silent, not really sure how to respond to that. I quickly hop out of my truck, and run over to help Bunny out. I walk with her across the street in silence.

“Is there anything I could do to help?” she asks quietly.

I was taken aback by that question. What could she do to help? I’m not sure if I even want her help. We’re not even sure how bad it is, or if someone could catch it, too.

“I’m not sure there’s anything anyone could do, Bunny.”

She nods as we stand outside on her front lawn. “What does she look like?”

I automatically reach into my back pocket for my wallet. I kept a picture of Helena in there so that she’s always with me. “Here.” I pull the picture out of my wallet, handing it to her. Bunny smiles at the picture, nodding.

“She looks more like an angel,” she says quietly, handing it to me.

“Yeah, everyone tells us that.”

“When she gets better, you should send her over. We’ll give her an honorary nickname, too.”

“I bet you will,” I say, smirking at her. She grins, standing up on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek.

“’Night, Xavier.”

She skips into her house, and I just stood there, frozen like a giant block of ice. What was that for?

* * *


I don’t know what came over me. Why did I do that? I just met the guy for crying out loud!

I walk inside, and nearly hit Cocoa in the head with the door. “What were you doing?” I ask with raised eyebrows.

Cocoa raises her eyebrows at me in return, smirking. “And what was that about with Xavier?”

“I don’t have a clue about what you’re talking about,” I say innocently, grinning. “I did nothing with Xavier.”

“Where’d he take you to eat?” Cocoa asks, getting straight to the point.

“We went to McDonald’s.”

I roll my eyes at Cocoa. I know she’s just looking out for me, but nothing is going on between Xavier and me. We just met, so how could anything be going on?

“Who took you to McDonald’s?” Cookie asks.

“Mr. Stalker,” I say with a giant grin.

“What?” Cookie asks teasingly. “He took you out on a date on girls’ night? How dare he!”

I roll my eyes at Cookie. Out of all the girls, Cookie was probably my best friend. I know, bad me! Especially after I gave you all that long speech about how I felt like the outcast. But, Cookie and I never get into any fights with each other. We’ve had each other’s backs since as long as I can remember.

I tackle Cookie down to the ground, grinning hugely. “Cookie Monster!”

“Bunny, for the last time, get off!”

“Aw, but you’re soft!” I whine childishly, grinning like a fool.

“And you’re heavy!” Cookie says, shoving me off. “You are probably the weirdest person on this Earth.”

“But you love me,” I say teasingly.

“Sadly.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I ask, pretending to be offended. “You know I’m the most awesome person here!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, but I felt like that if I didn't get this part out, then I'd never be able to post it! And all of y'all are just posting hwenever you want which is BAD!

Image
That’s Xavier’s little sister, Helena. (It’s really a picture of my little sister.)

Image
That’s Xavier. Just incase any of you were wondering what he looked like. XD